Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Penn: We Plan On Making This Fight Happen At UFC 101

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Accordint to a recent post on BJ Penn's official website, Penn has verbally agreed to defend his UFC Lightweight Title against Kenny Florian at UFC 101 and intends to sign the paperwork sometime today. Penn's camp also says Florian has signed the paperwork already.

Article

Post #1   3/28/09 1:01:09PM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
This fight is win win for me. I am a fan of both. Either BJ comes back, proves he is still the best at LW against the obvious no.1 contender, and takes his grease aggression out on K-FLO, or Kenny steps up and beats a legend, completing one of the best improvement stories and setting up a sherk rematch for the title.

Post #2   3/28/09 1:42:08PM   

LakieMan

MMA Regular

LakieMan Avatar

Career:66-40
Chips:
Gonna be a good fight!!!

Post #3   3/28/09 1:46:26PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,616-882
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MFOTHER

This fight is win win for me. I am a fan of both. Either BJ comes back, proves he is still the best at LW against the obvious no.1 contender, and takes his grease aggression out on K-FLO, or Kenny steps up and beats a legend, completing one of the best improvement stories and setting up a sherk rematch for the title.

Could see a TUF 1 Finale rematch as well. Sanchez vs. Guida looks like a better title eliminator than Sherk vs. Edgar.

Whatever the result of this fight, I'm glad to see the 155 lbs. championship being defended again. I was starting to believe Sherk's statement that the #1 contender is the de facto 155 lbs. champion.

Post #4   3/28/09 1:48:51PM   

SPARX

Learning to Sprawl

SPARX Avatar

Career:458-294
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
i've lost so much respect for penn, so i'm hoping florian puts him in check

Post #5   3/28/09 2:30:38PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I dont really like either guy, but I will be rooting for and picking kenny. And Im excited for it to be a 5 rounder.

I know kenny can go full force all 5 rounds.

Post #6   3/28/09 2:55:22PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,668-894
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Ol Kenflo should be money by then... he's been waiting since November of last year lol

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #7   3/28/09 5:52:46PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:

Posted by SPARX

What would make you lose respect for BJ. That he lost a controversial fight or that he is following through with doing something about it and making sure it doesn't happen again. Which would you rather happen this get taken care of now or come out at the end or GSP's career and we never know if he really was as good as he seemed. We all should be thanking BJ for doing this because now we will either see GSP not be as dominant in his fights or prove to everyone that it never mattered and keep on running though people.

Post #8   3/28/09 10:53:51PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
Its about time...I like both these guys and I hope regardless of who wins that its just a good fight with a clear winner.

Post #9   3/29/09 3:10:02PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by SPARX

What would make you lose respect for BJ. That he lost a controversial fight or that he is following through with doing something about it and making sure it doesn't happen again. Which would you rather happen this get taken care of now or come out at the end or GSP's career and we never know if he really was as good as he seemed. We all should be thanking BJ for doing this because now we will either see GSP not be as dominant in his fights or prove to everyone that it never mattered and keep on running though people.

If all of that were true it would be understandable, but Penn is blatantly calling into question the results of the fight, which GSP was dominating in in all aspects of. Its a cheap shot, that's why many people feel Penn has sullied his character. How anyone could question GSP's victory over a trainer applying minor amounts of Vaseline is beyond me.

Post #10   3/29/09 4:30:13PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by SPARX

Actually we should thanks BJ's mom

I hopw Kenny is ready cause its gonna be a good fight, Kenny TKO in the 4rd.

Post #11   3/30/09 8:00:30AM   

Saginawsfinest

Learning to Sprawl

Saginawsfinest Avatar

Career:132-81
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:
Penn is on a downslide, his ego and emotions are getting the best of his fighting and because of that Florian will beat him.

Post #12   3/30/09 6:41:29PM