Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Barnett Confronts Aleks Emilianenko

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
"If you want a rematch Aleks all you have to do is come up to me somewhere and say something. Talk any kind of sh*t you want and it's on. If you got the guts, we will do it right then and there and I for one will make sure you won't be able to ask for much of anything, let alone a rematch ,when I am done with you."

link

Post #1   3/27/09 8:01:32AM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
Barnett apparently is doing everything in his power to avoid the better brother here.

Post #2   3/27/09 9:35:46AM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,108-1,247
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I dont think Aleks is the kind of guy that you challenge to a streetfight....

Post #3   3/27/09 11:43:56AM   

The_Ho_Bag

MMA Sensei

The_Ho_Bag Avatar

Career:661-454
Chips:
we all know barney would beat both brother

Post #4   3/27/09 11:48:51AM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:

Posted by tberg420

Barnett apparently is doing everything in his power to avoid the better brother here.

Exactly. He wants everyone to take their minds off Fedor v. Barnett and try to start a grudge match so people forget about the real fight we wanna see.

Post #5   3/27/09 12:10:38PM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,192-778
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
screw affliction if Barnett and fedor arnt fighting against eachother in the next card im sick of this fight not happening.

Post #6   3/27/09 3:01:57PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:

Posted by Mayhem13

I dont think Aleks is the kind of guy that you challenge to a streetfight....

That's what I was thinking. I know some convicted felons, and they are the last people that you would want to challenge to a streetfight. Good way to get some cold steel stuck in your belly.

Post #7   3/27/09 3:13:10PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Never challenge Aleks to a street fight...that guy was an inmate in St. Petersburg Prison.

Post #8   3/27/09 3:22:59PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Aleks was supposedly pretty sick and/or injured in their fight and he beat Barnett half to death before Josh got the sub in.I don't think Barnett wants a rematch very bad,even though I think he would still manage to get the win.

As for a street fight....I'll take Aleks every time.

WB.

Post #9   3/27/09 3:41:59PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by HumanTarget

Posted by tberg420

Exactly. He wants everyone to take their minds off Fedor v. Barnett and try to start a grudge match so people forget about the real fight we wanna see.

You guys are crazy! Barnett has been wanting to fight Fedor so badly, but Fedor is the one who actually doesn't want to fight Barnett, and Barnett is willing to respect that. They're good friends. It has nothing to deal with fear. It's all about respect for one another. Barnett would fight ANYONE, I believe that 1,000,000% Hell, this is the dude who vouched for Gilbert Yvel to get licensed in the U.S. If anyone stood to lose anything in that deal it was Barnett himself. The dude is all balls, and he's one of the best in the world.

I just have to laugh. Anyone who would say anything like this or question Barnett's willingness to fight is just .. I dunno, crazy for lack of a better word. I don't want to insult anyone, but clearly you have not followed Barnett's career.

Post #10   3/27/09 4:45:55PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Chips:
Yeah,Barnett has balls-wasn't he calling out KenFlo the other day?

WB.

Post #11   3/27/09 5:06:23PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Yeah,Barnett has balls-wasn't he calling out KenFlo the other day?

WB.

Oh please. Let's not use this thread as a forum to bash Barnett- for one because it's against the rules, but for two because if you want to question the "balls" on Barnett, I'm sure he'd be happy to entertain those accusations at his gym. Keyboard warriors drive me nuts sometimes. The fact is, Barnett is a fighter's fighter. He took offense to what Kenflo said because Kenflo critiqued his technique. You're telling me that if somebody criticized your work you wouldn't offer that person the opportunity to show you how to do it better?

Now, I'm not saying I agree with the way Barnett handled it, but to assume that Barnett, who has made a career out of fighting the very best HW's in the world available to him, is a coward because he called out Kenflo is just plain out assanine. Don't bring those weak arguments into my house.

For the record I'm a huge Kenny Florian fan.

Last edited 3/27/09 7:01PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   3/27/09 7:01:35PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Chips:
Kenny Florian was making an honest observation about Barnett's performance,which is what ESPN is paying him to do.Barnett flew off the handle and challenged Kenny to a fight.Would he have done the same thing if Jon Anik or Franklin McNeil had said it?

Barnett is a professional athlete.Every one of his performances is going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the talking heads on TV,radio and internet news blogs and also among the fans on various message boards such as this.It is not cool for a pro athlete to threaten to kick someone's ass just because they critiqued one aspect of their performance.Look at how many guys get critiqued after every UFC card,and none of them threaten to kick anyone's ass.Why?Because they're professionals.

And please,spare me this "you wouldn't say this to his face" crap.I have nothing against Josh Barnett.He's a Top 3 HW in the world.I just think he makes himself look bad when he starts saying that he wants to beat up Kenny Florian and that he wants to fight Aleks Emilianenko in a dark alley.

And yes,I would tell that to his face.

WB.

Post #13   3/28/09 5:15:08AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Kenny Florian was making an honest observation about Barnett's performance,which is what ESPN is paying him to do.Barnett flew off the handle and challenged Kenny to a fight.Would he have done the same thing if Jon Anik or Franklin McNeil had said it?

Barnett is a professional athlete.Every one of his performances is going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the talking heads on TV,radio and internet news blogs and also among the fans on various message boards such as this.It is not cool for a pro athlete to threaten to kick someone's ass just because they critiqued one aspect of their performance.Look at how many guys get critiqued after every UFC card,and none of them threaten to kick anyone's ass.Why?Because they're professionals.

And please,spare me this "you wouldn't say this to his face" crap.I have nothing against Josh Barnett.He's a Top 3 HW in the world.I just think he makes himself look bad when he starts saying that he wants to beat up Kenny Florian and that he wants to fight Aleks Emilianenko in a dark alley.

And yes,I would tell that to his face.

WB.

The argument you bring up is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand. Like I clearly stated - I don't agree with the way Barnett handled it. So you're preaching to the choir when you explain the lack of necessity for his reaction.

However, in your previous thread, your allusion to Barnett being sackless is completely unnecessary. When you stated

Yeah,Barnett has balls-wasn't he calling out KenFlo the other day? WB.

To which you can read my response above. I never once said "You wouldn't say this to his face" I just said that I'm sure he'd be happy to entertain those accusations at his gym. So I'd appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth.

Point is this- don't come on here and accuse any fighter of being afraid, or turn any thread about any particular fighter into a forum for your veiled fighter bashing. I see right through that crap, and I won't tolerate it. Keep riding the line if you wish, though

Post #14   3/28/09 6:13:21AM