Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Must haves for UFC/PRIDE night??

Print  
Posted By Message

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,263-790
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
What must you have for a PPV event??

pizza??
beer?
Chips?
Marijuan?
Chicken??
Cigarettes??
Brownies??
Big Screen TV??
Lots of people??
Not so many people??

Post #1   3/28/07 4:48:55AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Depends on where I'm watching. If theres an event at the bar I grab myself a few Hard Lemonades and some food. I don't like to drink during events because I want to be able to pay attention, so I do the light drinks. Usually I watch at my brothers house, so I bring soda and pizza more than likely. Its usually just me, him and maybe one or two friends, so its good watching.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #2   3/28/07 5:25:49AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
we watch the fights in my Bar (20' x 25') where i have a big screen,and a pool table and just got a Bar built inside it,but still not done.....i still wanna get a arcade machine like PacMan or Streefighter.....and i bet it will pay for itself in a year or 2.....my friends and family who come here wanna bet on anything....Poker,Fights,Dice,who can last longer without blinking......so im sure they will pump quarters in that machine all night just to keep gambling...

NEEDS

Big Screen..
Beer...
Bud.../Flavored blunt wraps
My brothers,and close friends
NO WOMEN OR KIDS!

WANTS

BBQ or Fish Fry
My friends Hookah....6 hitter

Post #3   3/28/07 11:20:51AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Normally watch it at my best friends house, with his brother and four or five other guys...

Lot's of Jager / Redbull...

And Crown and Sevens...

Budweisers for the non-whiskey drinkers...

Usually I make a shit ton of Pasta and sauce and grab some frozen pizza's for late night...

throw in a couple of doobies...

Normally we have a poker game afterwards that turns into a drunken melee and we all wake up with headaches and bruises...

man I love UFC/Pride night...

Post #4   3/28/07 11:32:06AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
all i need is myself and tv to watch the event on haha

but no seriously.. i dont have the capability at my apartment to order the PPVs, so i hit up a sports bar usually.. usually just me and my female friend who i have gotten extremely into MMA, but every once in a while a few other people join us.. smoke a nice blunt before i go, maybe order a beer or two if i feel like it, and whatever looks good on the menu if i get hungry..

other than that, im sitting there watching the fights like a med student observing open heart surgery.. and thats all i need

Post #5   3/28/07 12:16:39PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I am envious of all you sports bar enthusiasts. There are no bars around here who are willing to fork out the costs to broadcast the PPV publically.

I usually either watch them with friends, or download it the next day and prevent myself from reading the results until I watch it!

Post #6   3/28/07 11:16:22PM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:
Beer, Pizza, Doritos, cigarettes.

Usually we have at least a dozen people at my house for the events. I don't think we've had an event in the last year where we didn't have to bring in chairs from the garage or have people sit on the floor. I have a couple buddies of mine who come to every single PPV, and the list of regulars grows and grows. I think its cool when you have someone who is there watching for the first time because they don't have preconcieved notions about the fighters, and tend to think outside the box about the fights. Some of the better comments I've heard during the fights have been from people who don't know jack shit about the sport.

However, anyone heard say "Looks like they're humping each other" gets teh ban.

Last edited 3/29/07 12:30AM server time by butterballs
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   3/28/07 11:19:56PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,263-790
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I love all the answers. Yea i like to only watch it with a few people, only fans who know what their talking about. I get a big gulp...pizza....and Smoke it up all night...yea i agree PPV nights are my favorite.

Post #8   3/28/07 11:46:29PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
a good takeaway, good few drinks, and good friends, thats all thats needed

Post #9   3/29/07 11:56:37AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by warglory

I am envious of all you sports bar enthusiasts. There are no bars around here who are willing to fork out the costs to broadcast the PPV publically.

I usually either watch them with friends, or download it the next day and prevent myself from reading the results until I watch it!

Where you from?

I live up in St. Paul, MN... And once i started looking around i was surprised at how many places play them...

You probably have checked or know this already but I think all, if not the majority, of Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters plays them... Around me it's all for free too!

If I remember correctly I think that there was a thread going in one of the forums listing places that air the PPV's... I'll see if I can find it, maybe it'll help.

Post #10   3/29/07 1:42:25PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Lot's of Jager / Redbull...

Try Jagermeister and Bargs Rootbeer.....that is the best....

back to subject...lots of budweiser, lots of friends, lots of chinese and pizza.....

Last edited 3/29/07 5:14PM server time by mkiv9secsupra
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #11   3/29/07 5:11:08PM