Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Best Coach of all time??

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by deadcore

baseball is a tough call. many greats but nobody stands out in my mind. also if you are gonna say ditka for '85 than you have to put Ryan in perentheses next to ditka. without that super defense they would have gone nowhere

Was that Jef Fischer that he punched on the sidelines during an Oiler game years ago? That guy was great...

Ryan vs Ditka in '07

Cowcatcher is right, it was Gilbride. That was sad. Buddy called the run N shoot offense the "chuck N Duck" and was mad at Gilbride for not running the ball and giving his D time to rest. Buddy's a tough old guy, but I'm sure Gilbride could have pummeled him if he wanted to. Probably didn't want to look the way Pedro did after he threw down Zimmer.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   3/30/07 4:31:03PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Chuck Noll... End of thread

Yes Chuck Knoll....hopefully in a few years i can say Mike Tomlin..but we will have to see...here we go steelers here we go...

Post #17   4/16/07 7:53:44PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Yes Chuck Knoll....hopefully in a few years i can say Mike Tomlin..but we will have to see...here we go steelers here we go...

He seemed to do well in MN last year... And the Rooney's know what they're doing, so there must be something about the guy...

Proudly waiving my Terrible Towel since 1986...

On a side note, when I first moved to MN, I was depressed because I only caught 1 or 2 Stillers games a year, and then I found an all Steelers bar just outside of downtown St. Paul!

The Starting Gate was a fuc*in lifesaver

Post #18   4/17/07 1:37:42PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Kevin Keegan.

Post #19   4/17/07 3:16:26PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

He seemed to do well in MN last year... And the Rooney's know what they're doing, so there must be something about the guy...

On a side note, when I first moved to MN, I was depressed because I only caught 1 or 2 Stillers games a year, and then I found an all Steelers bar just outside of downtown St. Paul!

There is always groups of steelers fans at every sports bar I've been too. I'm a dallas fan and we have our groups too. Still, I used to go this sports bar in riverside Ca called Events. There was a group of steeler fans 20 deep every weekend who would cheer every 2 yard gain like it was a TD. I liked them , they rooted for their team instead of against everyone else's. I'm the same way

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   4/17/07 3:45:43PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
steelers fans are around here in milwaukee too, and are some of the best, not quite packer fans(30 year waiting list for season tickets even when we STUNK in the 80's and early 90's), but still top 3 in football.....back on subject i still cant believe no one besides me has mentioned wooden must not be many college bball fans here

Post #21   4/17/07 3:48:55PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
vince lombardi......GO PACKERS

Post #22   4/17/07 7:17:00PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

There is always groups of steelers fans at every sports bar I've been too. I'm a dallas fan and we have our groups too. Still, I used to go this sports bar in riverside Ca called Events. There was a group of steeler fans 20 deep every weekend who would cheer every 2 yard gain like it was a TD. I liked them , they rooted for their team instead of against everyone else's. I'm the same way

Yeah...people love the steelers here in Pittsburgh...and we do cheer our team...but when its any team in the division..we cheer against them...i was in MD at ocean city...and i got heckled by Ravens fans and this was last season...they were all syaing the ravens are 4-0 and the steelers were like 2-2 maybe... and they said thats the diffrence was ravens were undeafeated and stillers 2-2..my reply was FIVE...yes Five Super bowls to your 1......after that wasnt much said..haha...and i looked cautiosly before leaving making sure Ray Lewis didnt stab me..haha

Post #23   4/17/07 8:57:44PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2