Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Help Vote on my camps best fight card.

Print  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:2,212-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
We the folks at ATT had a fantasy fight draft and need people to vote on which is the best to decide a winner. Thanks

Here are the fight cards...

Card #1

This Card Features an Open weight Grand Prix that will center around the MW and LHW divisions. Match-ups happen in order of fights listed. Fight Order put in place to give maximum rest time to grand prix competitors.

~ Semi-Finals Match-ups~
1. Denis Kang v. Shogun Rua [Bracket 1]
2. Kazuo Misaki v. Kieth Jardine [Bracket 1]
3. Yoshihiro Akiyama v. Thales Lietes [Bracket 2] (MW)
4. Lyoto Machida v. Lil Nog [Bracket 2] (LHW)
~ ~
5. Shogun Rua v. Kieth Jardine (Winners of Bracket 1)
6. Pedro Rizzo v. Tim Boetsch
7. Yoshihiro Akiyama v. Lyoto Machida (Winners of Bracket 2)
8. Kurt Pellegrino v. Hermes Franca (LW)
9. Dong Hyun Kim v. Dan Hardy (WW)
10. Mark Hunt v. Andrei Arlovski (HW)
~ Grand Prix Finals ~
11. Shogun Rua v. Lyoto Machida
Kang v. Rua: Both fighters are aggressive and have very aesthetically pleasing styles. Kang is a big enough MW to keep up with Rua and make it a good fight before getting caught with something vicious when he makes a mistake.

Kazuo v. Jardine: The two most awkward styles in MMA, i just couldnt resist.

Akiyama v Lietes: A powerful and high level Judoka with very crisp and powerful linear strikes going against an explosive Muay Thai Fighter that has elite level BJJ and good takedowns. I dont think Lietes wrestling would be good enough and i think that it would get him thrown and tossed quite a bit although he is the bigger man.

Machida v. Lil Nog - Lil Nog is one of the only fighters in the world right now that has a chance to Out-technique Machida on the feet with his crisp boxing, long reach, and great boxing defense. I see this fight being almost an entirely Stand-up fight as both fighters like to bang and have good enough BJJ where its even on the ground.

Rizzo v. Boetsch - This is my 1rst round KO fight, and the only fight on my card i could give a rats ass about, even though i do think they would make a decent slugfest.
Pellegrino v. Franca - Student v. Teacher, my bets on the grasshoppa

Dong Kim v. Dan Hardy - Whoever can impose their will would win, tough fight to call... so i wont even try.

Mark Hunt v. Andrei Arlovski - Even with the recent loss to Manhuef, Hunt still arguably has the toughest Chin in the fight game, with a kick-bowing pedigree to back it up. Arlovski has a somewhat suspect chin with some of the slickest boxing technique in the sport. Ultimate HW Stand-up war.

Akiyama v. Machida, Shogun v. Jardine & Shogun v. Machida can speak for them selves

Card #2

Fight 1:
Lightweight Division (155)
Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen (155) vs Jeff "Big Frog" Curran (155)

Fight 2:
Welterweight Division (170)
Martin "Hitman" Kampmann (169) vs Nick "The Goat" Thompson (169.5)

Fight 3:
Featherweight Division (145)
Mac Danzig (144) vs Jens "Lil Evil" Pulver (145)

Fight 4:
Middleweight Division (185)
Goran Reljic (185) vs Ricardo "Big Dog" Almeida (184)

Fight 5:
Heavyweight Division (205+)
Kevin "The Monster" Randleman (218) vs Bobby Lashley (265)

Fight 6:
Heavyweight Divison (205+)
Heath "Texas Crazy Horse" Herring (254) vs Josh "Baby Faced Assassin" Barnett (251)

Co-Main Event
Fight 7:
Light Heavyweight Divison (205)
Renato "Babalu" Sobral (204) vs Ricardo Arona (204)

Main Event
Fight 8:
Catchweight (195)
Melvin Manhoef (195) vs Wanderlei "Axe Murderer" Silva (195)

Card #3

LW FINAL FOUR
Chris "The Polish Hammer" Horodecki
vs
Tyson Griffin

Jim Miller
vs
Rodrigo Damm

MW FINAL FOUR
Joey "Smokin'" Villasenor
vs
Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Dan Miller
vs
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza

LHW MATCHUP
Ryan "Darth" Bader
vs
Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko

HW MATCHUP
Brett "The Grim" Rogers
vs
Semmy "Hightower" Schilt

3RD PLACE LW MATCH
Chris "The Polish Hammer" Horodecki
vs
Rodrigo Damm

3RD PLACE MW MATCH
Joey "Smokin'" Villasenor
vs
Dan Miller

CHAMPIONSHIP OF LW FINAL FOUR
Tyson Griffin
vs
Jim Miller

CHAMPIONSHIP OF MW FINAL FOUR
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza
vs
Jason "Mayhem" Miller

AKA WW FIGHT (co-main event)
Jon Fitch
vs
Josh "Kos" Koscheck

MAIN EVENT
Gegard "Young Vagabond" Mousasi
vs
Dan "Hollywood" Henderson

Card #4
Josh Grispi vs Lenord Garcia (FW)

4 man WW tourney
Matt Serra vs Marcus Davis
Nick Diaz vs Hector Lombard

Satoru Kitaoka vs Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone (LW)

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs Junior dos Santos (HW)

Cung Le vs Mike Bisping (MW)

Finals of WW tourney
Diaz/Lombard vs Serra/Davis (WW)

Rich Franklin vs Thiago Silva (LHW)

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Forrest Griffin (LHW)

Card #5
UFC 187
"NO PUSSIES ALLOWED!!"
NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS OHIO
cost: $59.95 but entire card is shown

1st Fight:
Paul Taylor vs Duane "Bang" Ludwig

2nd Fight:
Lightweight Grand Prix
Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal vs Spencer "The King" Fisher

3rd Fight:
Lightweight Grand Prix
Nate Diaz vs KJ Noons

4th Fight:
Brian Bowles vs Rafeal Assuncao

5th Fight:
Dustin "McLovin" Hazelett vs Frank "Twinkle Toes" Trigg

6th Fight:
Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell vs Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante

7th Fight:
Lightweigh Grand Prix
3rd Place Fight
Loser of Noons/Diaz vs Loser of Masvidal/Fisher

8th Fight:
Lightweigh Grand Prix
CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Noons/Diaz vs Loser of Masvidal/Fisher

9th Fight:
CO-MAIN EVENT
Demian Maia vs Rousimar Palharres

10th Fight
MAIN EVENT

WAMMA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko
vs
UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Frank Mir

winner gets the loser's belt

Card #6
UFC Rules ----- In an Octagon (Steve Mazzigatti is not the ref! and know, Yves isn’t either!)

Match 1
Hiromitsu Miaura –vs- Danillo “indio” Villefort

Miaura gave Carlos Condit the best fight he has had during his reign as champ, and before the undoing of the WEC 170 lb division, Brazilian prospect, Danillo Villefort was going to do some serious damage! Now both fighters are signed on to the UFC’s roster and 170 has gotten some new styles and depth to look out for!

Match 2
Brain Stann –vs- Brendan Vera

Stann is the former Marine and WEC 205 standout and former champ. He never got his chance for the rubber match against Cantwell before the division dissolved, and now he is stepping up to bang with the big boys. Vera, as a newcomer, had the potential to rock the whole UFC. After a few hiccups, he is back on his way to becoming a contender again at 205. Stann is a powerful beast with heavy hands, and Vera is a striking phenom with the grappling chops to succeed on the ground. This match will set-them both in their proper place within the UFC’s ever deepening 205lb division!

Match 3
Micah Miller –vs- Cole Miller

Yes, that’s right. 2 blood brothers who are both from the same outstanding fight camp have both decided it is time to see who is better. Both are BJJ wizards… long lanky guards that give problems to even the most skilled grapples. They have reach for days, and they are both tough as nails and love to bang. Will the baby bro show his bully big brother who’s boss, or will Cole use his rangy frame to bait Micah into his sneaky head kicks and triangles??? (Ideally, winner would fight winner of Jim and Dan Miller Fight to determine best miller bro of all time, but they were picked!)

Matches 4 and 5(winners to face off for #1 contender match-up with Damien Maia)

Paulo Filho –vs- Matt Linland

Undeniably considered 2 of the very best middleweights the division has ever seen, they are set to face off to see who truly has recovered from some obstacles over the last bit of their careers. Filho says he’s back to his old form. If this is true, he has the potential to beat anyone in MMA. Linland is one of the most cerebral fighters to grace a cage. Will his slick gameplan and stellar Greco be enough to isolate Filho’s wild swings and world class ground game to eek out the UD, or will Paulo return to form, throw some haymaker bombs and get the fight to the ground where he is most dominant???

Chael Sonnen – vs- Jorge Santiago

Not only are both of these men considered to be extremely high up the food chain at 185lbs, but they both pose incredibly interesting questions for other contenders in the division. Sonnen does seem susceptible to submissions, but only from the most elite grapplers in the world… men who could submit anyone! Santiago is just a consummate powerhouse in the division. More so, he has been beating top contenders in Japan and working with one of the strongest camps in all of MMA. And most of all, these two guys love to brawl and they have quickness like 155ers and hit as hard as heavyweights. This should be tremendous!

Match 6
Antonia “Bigfoot” Silva –vs- Big Nog

Silva is an absolute monster with punching power that can take down buildings. He also has a strong BJJ background, and he moves like a man half his size! Then we have Big Nog… one of the toughest men to ever step foot on a mat. He takes abuse like no one in MMA ever has, and then he always seems to find a way to come back and overtake his much larger foe with a textbook submission. Is Nog still tough enough to handle the power of Bigfoot? Can Bigfoot withstand the boxing and submission attack on Nogeira? This match-up of Brazilian bad-asses is truly going to test them both to the extreme!

Match 7 (Co-Main Event)
Gina Carano –vs- Christiana “Cyborg” Santos

Oh Shut up… every person reading this right now knows they are interested in this fight! These bitches are bad as. Carano is hotter than lava, and Santos may really be a cyborg, she is so tough and determined! Both women could stand up with most 135-145lb guys in MMA and give them a hell of a fight, and they are skilled ground mistresses as well. The will in no way be a cat fight… this will be two lionesses battling for control of the women’s MMA pride!

Match 8 (Main Event)
Eddie Alvarez –vs BJ Penn (155lbs)

At 155lbs, there is never a match that includes either of these 2 men that doesn’t absolutely explode into fireworks… Whether is last 15 seconds, or 15 minutes!!! BJ is debatably one of the best P4P fighters ever to live and has grappling skills, flexibility, and powerful hands that no other 155er has really been able to compare to. Although his endurance can be an issue, at 155 he seems better. Then you have the high-energy, high-speed, Alvarez. This kid is not only rising towards the top of the 155lb ladder, but he is doing so in spectacular fashion. He is beating some of the biggest names in the division, worldwide. And when these matches occur, they usually all tend to be candidates for FOTN, at very least, and more often than not, FOTY! This match should be one of the most exciting standoffs ever inside of the Octagon!

Card #7
UFC 105
Mandalay Bay Events Center, Nevada

Fight 1

Lightweight Division
Joe Stevenson [155] vs Clay Guida [156]

Fight 2

Middleweight Division
Patrick Cote [185] vs Wilson Gouveia [185]

Fight 3

Heavyweight Division
Cheick Kongo [241] vs Fabricio Werdum [234]

Fight 4

Openweight Fight
Terry Etim [155] vs Bob Sapp [372]

Fight 5

Lightweight Division
Gray Maynard [156] vs Efrain Escudero [155]

Fight 6

Light Heavyweight Division
Matt Hamill [205] vs Luiz Cane [206]

Fight 7
Co-Main Event

Welterweight Division
George St. Pierre [170] vs Thiago Alves [170]

Fight 8
Main Event

Heavyweight Division
Randy Couture [225] vs Cain Velasquez [246]

Card #8
The night opens with the first round of the 8 man LW Tournament-

(155 lb tournament - Rd 1)
Jamie Varner vs. Takanori Gomi
Shinya Aoki vs. Vitor 'Shaolin' Ribiero
Tatsuya 'Crusher' Kawajiri vs. Gesias 'JZ' Calvancante
Hayato 'Mach' Sakurai vs. Matuhiro 'Endless Fighter' Ishida

(4 outstanding matchups IMO.. I think any of these 4 could be a main event)

Bout 5 - HW Division
Roger Gracie vs. Jeff Monson
(2 ADCC world champions and 2 of the best grapplers in the world, with very different styes)

Bout 6 - LHW Division
Jon 'Bones' Jones vs. James 'The Sandman' Irvin
(I think this would be a VERY exciting fight. A better test styalistically for Jones then Bonnar was... because irvin can end it with 1 shot anytime)

(155 lb tournament - Rd 2)
Shinya Aoki vs. Takanori Gomi
(Both fighters would have VERY tough matches in the first round, but this is another matchup that never happened and i've always wanted to see)

JZ Calvancante vs. Mach Sakurai
(F#cking fireworks.)

Bout 9 - Catchweight 140lbs
Miguel Torres vs. Masakazu Imanari
(Interesting style matchup for Torres.. Imanari is very unorthodox and slick. Maeda was able to get a hold of a leg against Torres... he better not make the same mistake against Imanari.)

Bout 10 - Open weight
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs. Junie Allen Browning
(I would hope for a brutal, bloody massacre of epic proportions. Junie probably wouldn't make it through this without being decapitated and broken in half at the same time... and the MMA world would be happier.)

MAIN EVENT - Tournament Finals
Shinya Aoki vs. JZ
(The rubber match)

Card #9
Fight One - Sergei Kharitonov vs. Ben Rothwell (Heavyweight)

Fight Two - Matt Hughes vs. Brock Larson (170)

Fight Three - Nate "The Great" Marquardt vs. Benji Radach (185)

Fight Four - Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Shane Carwin (Heavyweight)

Fight Five - Roger Huerta vs. "El Nino" Gilbert Melendez (155)

Fight Six - Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez vs. Jake Shields (170)

Fight Seven -"Suga" Rashad Evans vs. Mohammad "King Mo" Lawal (205)

Fight Eight - Urijah Faber vs. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (145)

Card #10
Main Event
Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami

Co Main Event
Kenny Florian vs Sean Sherk

Fight 6
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Tim Sylvia

Fight 5
Carlos Condit vs. Mike Swick

Fight 4
Josh Neer vs. Caol Uno

Fight 3
Sokodjou vs. Steve Cantwell

Fight 2

Antoni Hardonk vs. Pat Barry

Fight 1
Joe Lauzon vs. Dan Lauzon

Card #11
8-Man Featherweight Tournament plus 2 Title Fights

FW Tourney Quarterfinals

Fight 1
Mike Brown vs Wagnney Fabiano

This is a tough first round matchup for Brown as his weakness seams to be submission defense and Fabiano is an ace on the ground. (This is a fight I look forward to seeing in the near future)

Fight2
Frankie Edgar vs LC Davis

I have thought for a while that Frankie should drop to 145. He is small for a lightweight and he would be an immediate contender at featherweight. Davis is a good test for his first fight.

Fight 3
Josh Thomson vs Hatsu Hioki

I think Thomson is the favorite in the tourney. He is a top 10 LW and has fought at FW before. However, Hioki is a top 5 FW and has never been finished.

Fight 4
Jose Aldo vs "Lion" Takeshi Inoue

2 top 10 FW who will stand and trade. Fireworks guaranteed.

Fight 5 (WW)
Jay Heiron vs Ben Saunders

Their styles make for a very exciting fight.

Fight 6 (LHW)
Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz

Grudge Match. The buildup for this fight would be just as entertaining (if not more) than the actual fight. (i just couldnt resist)

Fight 7 FW Tourney Semi #1
Brown/Fabiano winner vs Edgar/Davis winner

I believe this would be Brown vs Edgar which would be a fantastic fight. The guy who finishes his first opponent faster and takes less damage will likely prevail.

Fight 8 FW Tourney Semi #2
Thomson/Hioki winner vs Aldo/Inoue winner

Likely to be Thomson vs Aldo this would be a tough matchup for Aldo. His best scenario would be to finish his first fight early and have Thomson be worn down from a long tough fight.

Fight 9 MW Title Fight (5 rounds)
Robbie Lawler vs Vitor Belfort

EXPLOSION!!!

Fight 10 HW Title Fight (5 rounds)

Alistair Overeem vs Brock Lesnar

Two monsters! Over 500 pounds combined clashing in the center of the cage. This would be absolutely epic. (I really hope this fight happens at some point in the future)

Fight 11
FW Tourney Final

In my opinion anyone in this tournament could win. There are 6 top15 featherweights and 2 top 15 lightweights dropping down. Every fight could go either way. (I love 1 night tournaments because you never know what could happen.)

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   3/24/09 8:52:53PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I like Card 5

Post #2   3/25/09 1:08:49AM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
were there any rules? im torn between 8 and 11

Post #3   3/25/09 3:22:07AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,804-980
Chips:
Somebody suggested Brett Rogers vs. Semmy Schilt. The hilarity that fight would present, with one fighter just so obviously overmatching the other, almost made me want to pick Card #3 alone. But once I saw Etim vs. Sapp, I rethought my choice.

Card #9 would be my first choice. It's great, although I'd rather see a Yamamoto fight Torres since Faber's lost a bit of his luster recently. Almost all the fighters on there are gutsy and exciting, and the ones that aren't are matched up against fighters that could easily expose glaring weaknesses in supposedly top-tier fighters in exciting ways.

#5 is good too, although I think the main event is a bit weak (and Lesnar would be the right choice for a title unification fight).

$20 on who came up with #5.

Post #4   3/25/09 4:51:10AM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:

Post #5   3/25/09 8:41:09AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Chips:
Card #8

Post #6   3/25/09 8:57:53AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Card #9

Post #7   3/25/09 9:06:48AM   

Nitrus

Proud to be Brazilian

Nitrus Avatar

Career:1,455-838
Chips:
Fight 4

Openweight Fight
Terry Etim [155] vs Bob Sapp [372]

Lol ! xD

Etim KO (High Kick) 0:54 1st Round (That's what I call good predction

======

Anyway, #5 and #8 are great, but I choose #8

Last edited 3/25/09 10:11AM server time by Nitrus
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/25/09 10:08:32AM   

Playground_Samurai

Spock>Every Superhero Ever

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,582-1,393
Chips:
Lot of good cards in this one to choose from. It was really tough, but I will choose card #8.

Post #9   3/25/09 1:41:50PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:2,579-1,546
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ill choose card 11.

Post #10   3/25/09 3:20:23PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
I like 8, but all of these would be worth the $45 for the PPV.

Final choice : Card 8

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   3/25/09 7:00:54PM   

mattmodist

Learning to Sprawl

mattmodist Avatar

Career:1,089-635
Chips:
Bump...

Post #12   3/26/09 11:06:05AM