Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bobby Lashley beats Guida

Print  
Posted By Message

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
i would have figured this was posted already, but I havnt seen it. Bobby Lashley beat Jason Guida by unanimous decision. Heres the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Lashley-wins-but-finds-out-real-fighting-is-toug?urn=mma,149609

Either Guida did way better than I expected, or Lashley really isnt that good yet

Post #1   3/22/09 8:46:05PM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:
Lashley seems to be more comfortable with his wrestling, taking his opponent down and gnp,...understandable. Once he tightens up his technical boxing...his gonna be real dangerous.

Post #2   3/22/09 11:17:18PM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

i would have figured this was posted already, but I havnt seen it. Bobby Lashley beat Jason Guida by unanimous decision. Heres the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Lashley-wins-but-finds-out-real-fighting-is-toug?urn=mma,149609

Either Guida did way better than I expected, or Lashley really isnt that good yet

Lashley dominated that fight by the way, besides slipping up on a take down and almost getting caught in a guillotine once

Post #3   3/22/09 11:25:50PM   

Aevilgar

Learning to Sprawl

Aevilgar Avatar

Career:479-415
Chips:
Lashley showed alot for a guy in his second fight. He didn't seem to have any problem going the distance, and although Guida isn't a great fighter, he has a ton of experience fighting, and was a good test for a fighter at Lashleys level. Once Lashley has as many fights as guys like Carwin had when he came into teh UFC, about 8 or so, he will be a decent fighter.

People only had high expectations of him because he was a WWE guy, and a real wrestler, like Lesnar. The difference is Lesnar is a far more accomplished wrestler than Lashley is, and is bigger, stronger, and more talented.

I liked teh fight. I'm glad it went the distance, so we actually got to see a little bit of action.

Post #4   3/23/09 12:21:35AM