Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Griffin vs. Jardine 2

Print  
Who Wins and How?
Griffin - (T)KO 3 7%
Griffin - Submission 0 0%
Griffin - Decision 25 57%
Jardine - (T)KO 7 16%
Jardine - Decision 9 20%
Jardine - Submission 0 0%
Posted By Message

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
This is going to be a very entertaining rematch, Forrest has greatly improved since the first fight and has pretty much changed his style of fighting. Jardine has improved as well, I was really impressed with Jardine in his fight with Rampage, he actually dazed Rampage at the end of round 2. If Jardine had stayed on his feet the last ten seconds of round 3 he might have got the nod.

Since the First Fight:

Forrest Griffin - Wins over Ramirez, Shogun, Rampage. Loss to Rashad Evans

Keith Jardine - Wins over Liddell, Vera. Losses to Houston, Wandy, and Page

In my opinion they have both been very successful, Shogun and Rampage are huge victories for Forrest, Liddell and Vera are huge victories for Jardine. I do think Forrest has been more consistant of the two and more successful by capturing the title. Jardine has alternated win/loss for his last five fights.

I think for Forrest to win he has to circle Jardine and use his range and his body/leg/head kicks. He needs to let Jardine come after him like Houston and Wandy did before they attacked. Forrest needs to show all area's, he has good trips from the clinch and should try for a takedown some point during the fight. He cant brawl with Jardine oherwise he'll get caught like last time, he can't be as aggressive as he usually is. If he fights Jardine like he did Rampage, Forrest will win decisively.

For Jardine to win, he needs to fight the safe fight as well, whenever he has rushed in after a good striker he got stopped, he fought this gaameplan against Rampage and only went after him when he dazed him. He needs to get in and throw a combination and then get out, if he does this repeatedly he will frustrate Forrest and Forrest will revert to the old brawling style. Jardine needs to be careful though, I believe Forrest's punching power is a bit underrated, and he rocked Evans a few times during that fight. Basically Jardine should wear out the lead leg and then work on Forrest's face which has been known to cut easy.

My Prediction: Forrest will fight a very safe and intelligent fight like he did against Rampage and Ramirez, Jardine will stalk Forrest and pay for it, I believe Forrest will come out on top by a hard earned decision.

Last edited 3/12/09 6:31PM server time by chickmagnet
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #1   3/12/09 6:27:29PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm going the other way. Forrest is my favorite fighter but Jardine, I think, would pull out a decision or ko. I don't see forrest hurting him with standup or kicks, whereas the Dean can do both. Forrest was winning the first fight before he got tagged and I don't know if he could stay out of a slugfest if one broke out.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   3/12/09 6:42:57PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I think that Jardine would grind out a decision, scoring with a ton of kicks.

Post #3   3/12/09 6:44:16PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Forrest by UD.

I dont think Forrest respected Jardine's power last time they fought. It looked like Forrest was actually trying to initiate a slug fest. Forrest will probably come out with a better gameplan this time out and stay on the outside and keep Jardine at bay with head and body kicks and the straight right when jardine moves in.

Then we can see Jardine Liddell 2!!! i know im probly the only one here who wants to see this but i want Liddell to get some revenge.

Post #4   3/12/09 7:07:25PM   

Davebled

Learning to Sprawl

Davebled Avatar

Career:1,549-810
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
That is a fight im sure a lot of fans want to see, they have both improved drastically since they first fought. If they fight again it will be a back and forth three round war, who wins could go either way

Post #5   3/12/09 7:24:58PM   

Joshua_Jones

Learning to Sprawl

Joshua_Jones Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
I'm going with jardine for split decision. Hopefully his cardio will better then what showed in the rampage fight.

Post #6   3/12/09 10:05:09PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
I'm going with Forrest... hes not the same fighter he was last time they went at it.... but Jardine is

Post #7   3/13/09 2:48:41PM   

TheBestEVER

MMA Regular

TheBestEVER Avatar

Career:519-308
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
Griffin U Decision

Post #8   3/13/09 3:15:28PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
they haven't even annouced the fight yet i still think forrest should fight page again

i see same outsome jardine wins by decision

Post #9   3/14/09 11:21:01AM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Jardine has the power to Ko forrest again for sure. Freest will likely not wade right into him this thime though. I say Forrest UD, Lots of Forrest on top position looking for a sub that wont come.

Post #10   3/14/09 8:21:38PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ill be picking Jardine.

Jardine uses his reach very effectively, i think hes going to peg him early in the second with a right straight that drops him and enables Jardine to GnP for a stoppage.

Post #11   3/14/09 8:56:54PM   

outshined

Learning to Sprawl

outshined Avatar

Career:49-46
Chips:
I think that Forrest would win a second time. He knows what to expect from Jardine now, And if Forrest wins we could see a rubber match.

Post #12   3/26/09 5:33:25PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
To win, Forrest will have to be aggressive and brawl to get the early KO or jardine with KO him again. Trying to strike on the outside with Jardine is just dumb, that's his bread and butter picking people apart from the outside so why would Forrest want to fight Intelligent? Jardine only loses when your aggressive and Brawl besides only Bonnar(got robbed) and Rampage fight but Rampage has a great chin and jardine still shook him up with that one combo that would have put Forrest on the mat.

Jardine KO in 2

Post #13   3/27/09 9:09:37AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,720-915
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Forrest Griffin wins a 30-27 Unanimous Decision.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #14   3/27/09 11:52:25AM