Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dragon vs Sugar

Print  
How will Machida win?
Decision UD 26 36%
Decision SD 5 7%
KO 18 25%
TKO by brutal GnP 12 17%
Submission 0 0%
Rickson by armbar 11 15%
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
The Evans bashing is unreal on the Playground tonight.

Post #16   3/10/09 8:46:42PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:

Posted by higdon10

this is nothing like the bashing he's going to recieve at 98. If you catch my drift

Post #17   3/10/09 8:57:37PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by higdon10

this is nothing like the bashing he's going to recieve at 98. If you catch my drift

No sir. Rashad is going to take Machida to the ground and beat him. Machida won't win this one boys. And if he does he it's all good cause Rampage is gonna knock his head off his shoulders.

Post #18   3/10/09 9:24:04PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rashad has the hand speed and power to test Machida's chin repeatedly. Combine that with Rashad being a counter puncher and Machida keeping his chin straight up and Rashad has a great chance to win this, especially by knockout. Too bad Rashad isnt 2-3 inches taller like the rest of the division or it would be an extremely easy pick for me.

Still... Evans by rd3 or rd4 TKO

Rashad isn't that fast though, and you seam to be forgetting Machida has been hit less than anyone in the history of the UFC, not to mention he has yet to lose a round. Add that to the fact that Machida has the hight, reach, speed advantage and add to that the fact that he has a great ground game and its a big mountain for Rashad to climb.

Rashad's last few fights haven't shown me anything to make me think he can hang on to the belt. He couldn't close the distance on Forrest until he broke his hand and Machida is a much better striker than Forrest and has about the same reach advantage.
His wrestling isn't much better if any better than Tito's and Machida dealt with him pretty easily. I doubt very much he's as good a striker as Silva or hits anywhere near as hard as him.

I do respect Rashad's skill, he's a good wrestler and has good power in his punches. But I disagree hugely that he's as fast or accurate enough to catch Machida.
I'v said this in other threads as well but there is two fights Rashad should have lost up to now (Bisping & Tito) and I wouldn't call it luck but he has had fate on his side in his last two wins.
A KO of Chuck in a hugely one sided fight in Chucks favor up to the flash and awesome KO!
The same in the Forrest fight, Rashad had nothing to answer Forrests reach and couldn't close the gap until he injured his hand.

I know this is a long reply but with everyone saying no one gives Rashad enough respect I'm constantly left wondering if his fans are giving him to much?
He only seams to do just enough to win and is content doing that, as the champion I don't think this will be enough.

Last edited 3/11/09 12:39AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #19   3/11/09 12:16:56AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think Rashad has a one inch reach advantage 75-74

Post #20   3/11/09 1:44:27AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by higdon10

No sir. Rashad is going to take Machida to the ground and beat him. Machida won't win this one boys. And if he does he it's all good cause Rampage is gonna knock his head off his shoulders.

When was the last time Rashad took a fight to the ground, other than being on top of Forrest after the knock down? He's no longer a wrestler, he's a cocky boxer. This fight isn't going to get started until probably the third round, because Machida is a counter fighter and Rashad just shuffles his feet until he gets close to his opponent.

I'm sorry, but if anyone will get beat on the ground it will be Rashad. I think that Machida picks him apart while Rashad tries to swing for the fences. Rickson by Armbar.

Post #21   3/11/09 1:56:34AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I think this is a much more difficult fight for Rashad than rampage would have been.

Post #22   3/11/09 1:57:29AM   

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
well looks like there isn't going to be a Rashad-Rampage title fight... Rashad is going to get his ass kicked decisively by Machida.

Anybody who has Rashad winning this fight and wants to do an avatar bet... let me know.

Post #23   3/11/09 2:04:40AM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
This is a close fight to call but I don't see it going the distance. I'm torn between Rashad GnP TKO or Machida KO.

Post #24   3/11/09 5:46:43AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rashad has the hand speed and power to test Machida's chin repeatedly. Combine that with Rashad being a counter puncher and Machida keeping his chin straight up and Rashad has a great chance to win this, especially by knockout. Too bad Rashad isnt 2-3 inches taller like the rest of the division or it would be an extremely easy pick for me.

Rashad isn't that fast though, and you seam to be forgetting Machida has been hit less than anyone in the history of the UFC, not to mention he has yet to lose a round. Add that to the fact that Machida has the hight, reach, speed advantage and add to that the fact that he has a great ground game and its a big mountain for Rashad to climb.

Rashad's last few fights haven't shown me anything to make me think he can hang on to the belt. He couldn't close the distance on Forrest until he broke his hand and Machida is a much better striker than Forrest and has about the same reach advantage.
His wrestling isn't much better if any better than Tito's and Machida dealt with him pretty easily. I doubt very much he's as good a striker as Silva or hits anywhere near as hard as him.

I do respect Rashad's skill, he's a good wrestler and has good power in his punches. But I disagree hugely that he's as fast or accurate enough to catch Machida.
I'v said this in other threads as well but there is two fights Rashad should have lost up to now (Bisping & Tito) and I wouldn't call it luck but he has had fate on his side in his last two wins.
A KO of Chuck in a hugely one sided fight in Chucks favor up to the flash and awesome KO!
The same in the Forrest fight, Rashad had nothing to answer Forrests reach and couldn't close the gap until he injured his hand.

I know this is a long reply but with everyone saying no one gives Rashad enough respect I'm constantly left wondering if his fans are giving him to much?
He only seams to do just enough to win and is content doing that, as the champion I don't think this will be enough.

and you seem to forget it doesnt take being the least hit to be good all it takes is 1....1....1 1 pucnh espically from Rashad.....Do you actually believe any of that crap you wrote? i can write 4 paragraphs if needed or even just a setence to counter every single terrible false argument you have made in that......im not going to its pointless.

IF this fight takes place Rashad has every tool to beat Machida, honestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.

Last edited 3/11/09 7:09AM server time by tmas
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   3/11/09 7:05:13AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I really don't like Rashad and want Rampage too knock em the freak out for the title but I'm actually praying he lands an overhand right and finally tests Machidas chin and KO's him.

I want Rampage wit da belt but I want em to KO Rashad for it!!!!

Praying Rashad KO in the 2nd or 3rd

Post #26   3/11/09 9:08:40AM   

magnifica

Learning to Sprawl

magnifica Avatar

Career:275-179
Camp: GTi Champions
Chips:

Posted by tmashonestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.

lol. Yeah, Rashah is really similar. He's been learning striking from a grandmaster since the age of three.

Post #27   3/11/09 10:18:07AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by tmas

and you seem to forget it doesnt take being the least hit to be good all it takes is 1....1....1 1 pucnh espically from Rashad.....Do you actually believe any of that crap you wrote? i can write 4 paragraphs if needed or even just a setence to counter every single terrible false argument you have made in that......im not going to its pointless.

IF this fight takes place Rashad has every tool to beat Machida, honestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.

Haha yes I do actually!
Everything I wrote is true and if you say it just takes one punch to put Machida to sleep the same argument could be made for Rashad. He just KO'd Silva. The only thing I'm not completely sure about is the reach advantage but I'm assuming it will be about the same.

You don't really have much of a argument as everything I said is true. My opinion at the end about Rashad doing just enough is exactly that ,my opinion.
The fact that he trains with a great camp will help, but if he relies on that one big KO punch like he has in his last few fight he won't find it against THE most elusive fighter in the game.

Also name one thing that I said which is false?!
If you can show me one fight Machida has had where he dropped a round I'll let you pick my Av for a month!
You haven't put up any sensible argument other than saying I'm wrong.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #28   3/11/09 10:57:40AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by tmas

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

You cant hit what you cant catch

Post #29   3/11/09 11:17:10AM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
Finally !!! I hope this is true.
The Dragon all the way, most probably by decision
But dont expect a brutal fight, this will be technical and beutiful for experts, boring with little action for ametures.

Post #30   3/11/09 11:27:24AM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5