Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who does Machida fight now?!?!?!?!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
If Rampage is not ready for 98, he gets Rashad and his title shot. That according to Dana.

Post #16   3/8/09 7:54:43PM   

Devastator

Learning to Sprawl

Devastator Avatar

Career:713-620
Chips:
UFC LHW's are hesitant to Machida. Everyone he fights, end up looking like they don't know how to fight. Machida skill set is on another level.

Chase Machida and you will get knockout.
Trade with Machida and you will get knockdown.
Be defensive with Machida and you will picked apart.
Try and take down Machida you will be the one taken down.

Post #17   3/8/09 8:25:18PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Well page isnt really a lock for Evans yet but it looks like he will be there. If so I think Joe Silva will pit Machida against Brandon Vera. Two big names they can easily hype. I would say hammil but i think the UFC is building him up to be a superstar . Machida could fight Forrest but I dont think the UFC would want Forrest to lose 2 in a row......Who knows?

Last edited 3/8/09 8:38PM server time by bls1919
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   3/8/09 8:38:11PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Im hoping Rampage declines the fight. Hes been pretty open about struggling with training camps and dieting, and while training at the wolfslair has obviously helped him overcome those problems, I still think its not enough time for him to fully recover, then go back into a full training camp. Hes going to need to be at his best fighting Rashad or Lyoto so he shouldnt rush.

Plus I really want to see Rashad get his ass beaten down, and I think Machida has a better chance of schooling him.

Post #19   3/8/09 8:44:45PM   

Violence108

Standup Guy

Violence108 Avatar

Career:629-417
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
i hope that Lyoto gets the fight at UFC 98, its hes turn already!! geezs the UFC needs to give him his title shot already its not like he has beaten every one they put infornt of him, oh wait he has, Rampage 2 fight 2 wins(after he lost the title)
Lyoto 14 fights 14 wins, it basicly writes its self here

UFC 98 "It's About Damn Time"
Rashad Evans vs Lyoto Machida

Post #20   3/8/09 9:52:38PM   

GSPVSSILVA

Learning to Sprawl

Career:171-126
Chips:
I think he should just wait and see what happens with rampage and sugar.

Post #21   3/8/09 10:29:05PM   

HulkRage

Standup Guy

HulkRage Avatar

Career:1,211-825
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
He should fight Evans for the title. Not Page.

Post #22   3/8/09 10:31:07PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I can understand why people say Machida deserves a shot, but not over Rampage. And please guys don't start telling me I don't know what smart fighting is and all that **** I've heard it all before believe me.

Machida is undefeated in the UFC. His biggest win is Tito. He has finished two fights in the UFC. I know I know, he picks guys apart and he's so elusive thats why... but Rampage is the former champ, came back and KO'd Wanderlei Silva one of the most feared strikers in the division and beat Jardine who I'll admit isn't the best guy in the division but he's legit. Beat two former champs but happens to get knocked out pretty easy sometimes. You gotta give it to Rampage. Machida should just get it next.

Post #23   3/8/09 10:56:23PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

they will give machida a less type threat like a bonner or jones or maybe hamill

Machida stated hes not willing to take a step down in competition anymore.

Post #24   3/8/09 11:21:07PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
It's tough to argue that Page doesn't deserve his upcoming fight with Rashad. Rampage has beaten two perrenial top ten fighters in a row (Jardine and Wanderlei). Machida hasn't faced that level of competition. You can argue that is completely based on matchmaking, and he has dominated his competition line no one else in the UFC. Two very valid arguments.

Machida will most likely have to wait, and maybe take on another opponent like the winner of Chuck vs Shogun. Either way, Machida is pretty much guaranteed a legitimate top ten fighter, that will either come in the form of a title shot, or an opponent that will cement his staus as the #1 Contender.

Post #25   3/8/09 11:42:42PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Vera has a much longer range to strike from than machida, and he looked accurate enough with his kicks to be able to establish a solid offense against Lyoto.

As a Lyoto Nuthugger i think its one of the tougher match-ups out there for him.

Id give him Cane. The only fighter available that he may take the fight with.

Or maybe they wait til after 97 and give him winner of chuck/rua

Yes thats what i was thinking

Post #26   3/9/09 6:08:58AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

I know Vera doesn't really have enough consecutive wins to be considered to fight Machida, but I think it would be one hell of a fight. I just think that the speed with which Vera throws his kicks might be a bit too fast for Machida making him change his tactics. At the least it would be an interesting fight.

Agreed! Jardine and Forrest our busy and don't give him a slugger again that's an easy win. Let's try and technical guy who's big with great speed. I'd love for Vera to try him. Him and Jardine got the best chance technique wise but I believe Vera has the better chin to stand with machida.

Post #27   3/9/09 8:17:48AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i wondedr who would take the fight with machida. im pretty sure cane would, he has a nasty streak and seems to me like he would get in there with anyone, but other than him im not sure who would step up because theyve had problems getting him fights before. maybe now that hes next in line after page people would be more willing to step up and fight him to try and take his shot for themselves, but there arent a lot of big name fighters out there that arent already scheduled.

Post #28   3/9/09 10:18:08AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2