Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aleksander Emelianenko and the Red Devil fight team part ways

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
According to published reports, Aleksander Emelianenko and the Red Devil fight team in St. Petersburg, Russia have parted ways. The separate appears to be mutual, as both the team website and Emelianenko’s own personal website indicated that there are no hard feelings towards either side.

Emelianenko commented on his site that he was looking forward to the next chapter in his life and that he would defend his name and prove that he was the best. He also added that his first priority was to defend the honor of Russia in international tournaments.

An official statement by M-1 Global has yet to be issued and while Emelianenko’s separation from Red Devil has been confirmed, it is unclear if he is still contractual aligned with M-1.

LINK

Post #1   3/6/09 1:32:28PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
wow, where does this leave fedor? i mean i know the guy is extremely loyal to red devil, but i also know that he is his brothers biggest supporter. this leads to the question: Does this mean fedor may be on the way out too? if so that opens up the possibility of fedor signing with the UFC because it really seemed that vadim finkelstein and red devil were the major obstacles in him signing all along. this could get interesting, then again it could just be that aleks needed to move on. i dont want to read too much into it at this point but im interested to see what will happen.

Post #2   3/6/09 1:45:42PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,496-1,195
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I am going to die laughing if Aleksander Emelianenko got kicked out because he is signing with the UFC

Post #3   3/6/09 2:08:34PM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
I bet Fedor stays put. Surely this was not a surprise to him.

Post #4   3/6/09 2:19:59PM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
People seem to overthink things way to much... anyone ever considered the possibility that maybe he wasnted to train differently, with different people? Why would this impact Fedor, its not like they train with each other 100% of the time.

Post #5   3/7/09 4:24:05PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Styles

People seem to overthink things way to much... anyone ever considered the possibility that maybe he wasnted to train differently, with different people? Why would this impact Fedor, its not like they train with each other 100% of the time.

Actually, I don't think they train together at all anymore and haven't since some time in 2006. There will be no impact on Aleksander's older brother from Aleksander switching camps.

I'm hardly surprised Aleksander Emelianenko decided to leave.

Post #6   3/7/09 4:37:55PM   

Ben99901

Learning to Sprawl

Career:207-178
Camp: Bad Boys
Chips:
Id like to see Fedor and Aleks Fight,

But, id choose my brother over some orginization anyday.

Post #7   4/9/09 11:09:53AM