Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mike Sawyer on Mir, UFC, Pride

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

It was my typical morning. I was making my rounds checking out the various websites and pulled up one of my favorites www.wrestlingobserver.com and noticed that there was a story covering the WEC show that happened Saturday night here in town

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/26/07 3:05:41PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Great find. Lot of stuff I didn't know about Mir. This makes ense , but also saddens me. What a waste of potential.

Last edited 3/27/07 6:22PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   3/27/07 6:21:56PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i agree FRANK MIR is the biggest waste of potential i've ever seen....
i know he was UFC champion but he could have been dominant in the HW division i dont know if it was the crash or lack of ambition( because of the way he returned to the ufc) but if he had learned stand up IMO he would be champ stil....
i dont mean any disrespect to any champion since but in his early fights he had the heart of randy couture (look at the 2nd sims fight he was shattered and still won by KO) and if he would have learned stand up he could have been ranked NO1 in the world

Post #3   3/27/07 8:24:34PM