Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Henderson Could Own Both 205 Belts!!

Print  
Posted By Message

kublakhan

Learning to Sprawl

kublakhan Avatar

Career:19-20
Chips:
Based on what I've seen from Dan Henderson, I think he could prove to be the toughest matchup for Liddell at 205 (other than maybe Shogun or Arona). Dan's got great punching power, the heart of a lion, an Olympic wrestling background, and a strong chin (which he'll need). His best chance would be to trade a little with Liddell, wait until he lands a good punch that throws Chuck off his game for a moment, and then go for the takedown. From there, he would have a good chance to wear Liddell down and subtract from his devastating punching power. This is all a big "If...", but a definite possibility nonethless.

What do you guys think? Anyone you think that matches up better?

Post #1   3/26/07 1:10:11PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
he matches up good BUT.....he couldnt beat liddell. His striking is good(powerful and fast but not pinpoint accurate) but not a top level striker. when he throws the big bombs he sticks his chin out. Liddell would get the ko fairly easy. I dont see anyone in 205 that stands too much of a chance against liddell... the top 3 would have to be Silva, Shogun, Henderson..... actually i belive if forrest griifin were to go to k1 for a couple of years he would be the best challenger for liddell.

Post #2   3/26/07 6:03:00PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i think chuck knows he can knock him out in this pic...

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #3   3/26/07 11:32:46PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Though Henderson has a great chin, I don't think he could pull off the win. Even Jeremy Horn was stopped by Liddell's power so I don't think Henderson would be able to take more than a few punches from Chuck, which is more than most people can take. Also, Liddell has shown he can defeat wrestlers with good striking, specifically Randy Couture. Liddell is at the top of his game and I just can't see anyone beating him right now.

Post #4   3/27/07 12:29:34AM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Henderson's striking improved since training with Tompkins. It can only improve more if he continues to do so.

Post #5   3/28/07 1:47:59AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
No Way... I dont see it happening, i think it Anderson Silva vs. Henderson would be a better fight then Henderson vs. Chuck.

Post #6   3/28/07 2:36:26PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
lmao, are you guys serious about Liddell knocking him out easily? You guys automatically assume that he would try and stand with him, yet he is a great wrestler, and very strong. I don't even think Liddell could knock him out, unless he comes in throwing bolos like he did against Belfort wayyy back. He hasn't had a solid KO in quite a while, let alone hes never been knocked out and he has one of the best chins in the business. I think Henderson could ride this out to a decision, or get a TKO in the later rounds.

Post #7   3/28/07 3:33:19PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

lmao, are you guys serious about Liddell knocking him out easily? You guys automatically assume that he would try and stand with him, yet he is a great wrestler, and very strong. I don't even think Liddell could knock him out, unless he comes in throwing bolos like he did against Belfort wayyy back. He hasn't had a solid KO in quite a while, let alone hes never been knocked out and he has one of the best chins in the business. I think Henderson could ride this out to a decision, or get a TKO in the later rounds.

best chin in the business? hahaha....wanderlei shouldve had the ko...that spin fist was lucky as hell...and dont say its skill...some of the worst fighters get lucky with the spinfist(aka the old dude (cant remember his name offhand from TUF that ko'ed serra). Wanderlei rocked him easily. Henderson is the type of fighter that chuck has beaten in 6 of his last 7 fights? how could he do any better?

Post #8   3/28/07 4:59:38PM   

tapoutking28

Learning to Sprawl

tapoutking28 Avatar

Career:328-268
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
No way would henderson beat him, Liddell would do what he always to his opponents........knock them out!

Post #9   4/10/07 10:36:24PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Liddell right now would beat Henderson and Arona

He might lose to Shogun...might. But without those stomps it could hurt Rua a little.

I take Iceman over almost any LHW right now

Post #10   4/11/07 3:25:21PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra
best chin in the business? hahaha....wanderlei shouldve had the ko...that spin fist was lucky as hell...and dont say its skill...some of the worst fighters get lucky with the spinfist(aka the old dude (cant remember his name offhand from TUF that ko'ed serra). Wanderlei rocked him easily. Henderson is the type of fighter that chuck has beaten in 6 of his last 7 fights? how could he do any better?

Uhh maybe you should check out their first fight because that was what I was referring to about his chin getting tested...And he has the best stand up out of the 6/7 opponents, the best wrestling, best chin, very powerful, so you do the math. Also if you read my post, not once did I say Henderson has a better chance than the rest of Liddell's opponents. I merely said if he fought a smart fight he could get the decision.

...maybe someone should read my post more throughly before trying to be a dick and completely put words in my mouth.

Post #11   4/11/07 5:50:18PM