Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Put up or shut your trap: Pete Sell UFC 96 interview

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This Saturday at UFC 96, there’s a bout a lot of folks have been talking about … and I’m not referring to the main event between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Keith Jardine. I’m talking about the fight between Pete Sell and Matt Brown that recently snuck onto the main card.

In doing so, it pushed fights with Brandon “The Truth” Vera and The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 winner Kendall “Da Spyda” Grove onto the undercard. To its credit, the UFC seems to be banking on all the potential for a slugfest that Sell vs. Brown promises to hold.

LINK

Post #1   3/4/09 1:30:47AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

When I first fought in the UFC, nobody knew who I was. It was against Baroni. At the time everybody thought I was going to get killed, especially because I took the fight on short notice. I remember being at the weigh-ins and someone yelled, “You’re a dead man.” The whole crowd was laughing. You know what I’m saying, the whole weigh-ins crowd was laughing at ya. It was horrible.

Baroni's fam was in the house I see, that would be all the motivation I need provided above.

Post #2   3/4/09 3:01:39AM   

ziegler3334

Standup Guy

ziegler3334 Avatar

Career:547-284
Chips:
first off, 96 is a clear weak card.

But, how do weak cards on paper end up being great? like at 95, if you have exciting fights, everyone forgets they weren't excited for the matchups.

I think brown v sell should have been on the undercard, but i don't mind knowing i'll see it. It should be a tough, fast paced fight. This will also allow undercard fights to be shown. My prediction is we see alot of them.

Post #3   3/4/09 7:27:33AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Matt Brown is going to beat Pete Sell mark my words. Awesome fight I can't wait to watch it.

Post #4   3/4/09 2:52:02PM