Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Look at how Gay Hardcore Dancing is

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I respect any dance that takes skill & practice to pull off.

Post #46   3/5/09 11:17:37PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
If you want to expierience a real pit go to a Lamb Of God concert and take part in "the wall of death"....the n tell me HC dancing isnt gay.

Post #47   3/6/09 8:17:14PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:

Posted by bls1919

If you want to experience a real pit go to a Lamb Of God concert and take part in "the wall of death"....then tell me HC dancing isn't gay.

I've been in both. The wall of death is fun, but nothing beats a sick hardcore show with spin kicks, windmills, two steppin', stage divin', crowd walking and pile ons. If you can get into it, its the best.

I've seen every type of music except country performed live, there is a completely different type of energy at a HxC show that is unmatched by any other type of concert or show you can go to. Its all a matter of the level of physicality that you like I guess.

To push or to punch, that is the question...............

Post #48   3/6/09 9:33:25PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by bls1919

If you want to experience a real pit go to a Lamb Of God concert and take part in "the wall of death"....then tell me HC dancing isn't gay.

I've been in both. The wall of death is fun, but nothing beats a sick hardcore show with spin kicks, windmills, two steppin', stage divin', crowd walking and pile ons. If you can get into it, its the best.

I've seen every type of music except country performed live, there is a completely different type of energy at a HxC show that is unmatched by any other type of concert or show you can go to. Its all a matter of the level of physicality that you like I guess.

To push or to punch, that is the question...............

I was supposed to go see Lamb of God about 2 years ago on Gigantour, but at 15 years old I was not at all ready for the Wall of Death. When I listen to "Black Label" I get pumped and want to full-on sprint at someone and just tackle them... MOSH PITS ARE FOR REAL MEN! Most of the videos I've seen on Youtube and such is a bunch of kids standing in line like they are in some sort of military organization, and start just flinging their arms and legs. I watched 5 minutes of so called "hardcore dancing" where no one even got punched once. If you are going to a metal show, you better be prepared to get brutalized.

Post #49   3/21/09 6:27:56PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:
I've seen a ton of punk bands, no use for a name. face to face, social D, vandals, good riddance, bad religion and the list goes on.
I would say that ninja - karate kicking ****, punching crap is pretty stupid. I am all fine for "slamming" but going into the pit to look for a fight is straight stupid. Maybe I dont see the point.

Last edited 3/22/09 12:27AM server time by nearmiss
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #50   3/22/09 12:15:46AM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by NeaRMisS

I've seen a ton of punk bands, no use for a name. face to face, social D, vandals, good riddance, bad religion and the list goes on.
I would say that ninja - karate kicking ****, punching crap is pretty stupid. I am all fine for "slamming" but going into the pit to look for a fight is straight stupid. Maybe I dont see the point.

Its not necessarily looking for a fight, its just more of a way to get out your anger. I remember hearing a quote from Corey Taylor, lead singer of Slipknot, that perfectly describes what a mosh pit truly is... Something along the lines of, "We would rather have a kid jump into the pit and work out any problems he has and get out all his frustration, then, for example, do something like go to his school and shoot people." Its not the exact quote, but you get the point. If you are having issues, or you're pissed about something, you can jump in the pit and crack some skulls, and no one is going to care, because its just what happens. And thats better then not dealing with your problems, then going postal and killing people.

Post #51   3/22/09 10:54:59AM   

Rollins

Standup Guy

Rollins Avatar

Career:390-236
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Storm Troopers of Death SOD, old school stuff.

Check out 2:10 of the video, get an idea of just high up the singer is. A few seconds later he dives into the crowd, and he's a big boy! Then watch him trying to get back to the stage while people are crawling all over him and grabbing the mic, he then proceeds to through a few blows on some guy pissing him off and beating him in the head with the mic. You can can hear it THUMP THUMP THUMP.
That's around the 3:00 minute mark. (if you're not into this sort of music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8eqxNrc2Y

Post #52   3/23/09 4:29:41PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I have been going to Worcester, MA and New England hardcore and metal shows for years. I have seen Ramallah, Blood For Blood, First Blood, Terror (back before they turned into Pantera), all the deathcore bands, etc, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that hardcore dancing is reserved for hooligans for a lack of a better word. Is two stepping and windmilling fun? Perhaps, but when you go to a real ******* Boston or NYC hardcore show its all about getting your aggression out in as close to a fight as you can get. Literally every single hardcore show I have attended I have had dancers scraping the pit with elbows and back kicks, etc. When I am watching a hardcore show with hardcore fans, I don't care, but as a metal fan, when that **** starts going down in a metal pit, I and my friends usually take matters into our own hands. That's not tough talk or anything, but there will be retaliation. If you punch me in the face you can bet your ass the next time you come around you'll get a punch or a nice shove too. Metal moshing is about fun and comradery, leave the attitude at the damn door.

Post #53   3/28/09 8:40:40PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
ok.

Ive been going to hardcore and metal shows for 8 or 9 years, and I've caught the tail end of it.

what i see today is a far cry from when i started going, and that is another world from what was going in in the mid to late 90's.

dancing has changed massively in those time frames, it used to be a lot of that stuff in the video, but you would actually go for other people in the pit (not on the side) to me it was a giant dick waving contest and i loved doing it. it has slowly changed into this personal space bubble that you see in those few videos, the last few shows I've gone too, i can't dance the way i used to. Back then i used to hit people, get smashed, whatever laugh about it and joke around. The last few shows I've been too, I've hit people not intentionally, but had to deal with said person and 3 or 4 of their friends, and I'm not the spring chicken i used to be anymore and don't feel like fighting every time i go to a show.

it was that sub-culture did as a bonding thing. lots of people do stupid ****, i have a lot of movie and comic book nerds who smoked weed, a lot of people who played sports and drank themselves retarded, knew a lot of kids who experimented with pills and heavy drugs. I went to hardcore shows every weekend night and flailed my arms around like a fool and had a ******* great time doing it. Was it stupid? maybe, but it helped keep me out of the trouble a lot of my friends got into, and overall, I hope make me a better person. (for the record i never danced like any of those dumb ***** in the first videos)

now, for entertainment's sake, here are some videos of what real shows were like.

throwdown at hellfest 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujUoxR74vs

hatebreed 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfSoAShfuQ

first blood hellfest 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL5T3eEqfyE

Last edited 3/29/09 4:37PM server time by mikevolz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #54   3/29/09 3:56:43PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4