Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

For Gilbert Melendez, friendship no longer a part of lightweight plans

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The last 14 months haven't been kind to Gilbert Melendez (14-2).

Winner of his first 13-straight bouts, Melendez has gone just 1-2 in past three appearances. But as "El NiƱo" recently told TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), he's focused on turning things back around.

"I lost two out of my last three right now," Melendez said. "I can't be talking no [expletive]. I've just got to go out there and deliver."

LINK

Post #1   3/1/09 1:26:46PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I'm surprised they made this rematch because the first contest wasn't even close. Gilbert looked really lethargic last time out, and had a terrible time closing the distance. In the past Gilbert has been a very agile and quick LW, so hopefully we'll see that Gilbert this time around.

I expect Josh to utilize the same gameplan as last bout. Use his low kicks to low Melendez down and stay on the outside. His striking has come a long way, and I expect the same formula to work again, but probably not as one sided.

Post #2   3/1/09 3:43:57PM