Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White says he has no knowledge of June meeting with Fedor

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“… Me and my management hope to get a chance to talk to Dana White in person in June to discuss a possible fight between me and Brock,” Emelianenko is quoted as telling Adam Baker of DreamFighters.com.

During a recent interview with “Carmichael Dave” on the CBS Radio nationally syndicated show “MMAsh,” White was asked if he was aware of a June meeting with Fedor.

“No,” White responded, before continuing, “If that’s true, that’s awesome. I’d have to hear that from him to believe it. But if that’s true, I’d love to meet with him. I’d love to.”

LINK

Post #1   2/28/09 3:35:46PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:
I think it is about time for fedor to realize that his management is sleazy!!!!! and have been fing him over for some time now.

Post #2   2/28/09 3:45:54PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
I will believe all of the Fedor talk when I see the UFC promo on Spike.

Post #3   2/28/09 4:53:58PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
dana might be lying

Post #4   2/28/09 5:09:26PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,649-899
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I love this line. Dana White realizes that if Emelianenko vies for the UFC title, he ties up all the respective #1 guys as the champions of their respective weight classes (with the arguable exception of Aoki) under the Zuffa banner:

“I’d bring him right in and he’d get an immediate title shot.”

Unfortunately for White, it's never going to happen. Ever.

Post #5   2/28/09 5:11:13PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by decken

I think it is about time for fedor to realize that his management is sleazy!!!!! and have been fing him over for some time now.

Fing him over by making him the highest paid mma fighter ever. He has been making 1,000,000 + per fight since his Pride days lol.

Post #6   2/28/09 5:30:43PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by decken

Fing him over by making him the highest paid mma fighter ever. He has been making 1,000,000 + per fight since his Pride days lol.

Think is how much of that is Fedor actually getting.. I mean looks how he lives from what I understand.. very modest.. I am wondering if he even realizes how much he is making.. with as much as he has made over the years even if he is not into material things.. he seems like a man who would do more for his family in terms of how they live.. I think he is getting screwed big time..

Post #7   2/28/09 5:55:38PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by The-Don

Think is how much of that is Fedor actually getting.. I mean looks how he lives from what I understand.. very modest.. I am wondering if he even realizes how much he is making.. with as much as he has made over the years even if he is not into material things.. he seems like a man who would do more for his family in terms of how they live.. I think he is getting screwed big time..

He lives how he wants to live, he's bought everyone in his family a new home. Fedor's not going to be like Floyd Maywhether, he's got a home, an apartment and a few cabins, provides for his entire family and does a damn fine job at keeping a level head.

Post #8   2/28/09 6:05:49PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Chips:

Posted by The-Don

Posted by cmill21

Posted by decken

Well his last fight he was reported to only make 300,000 so where do you get this over a million?

Post #9   2/28/09 7:14:41PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by decken

Well his last fight he was reported to only make 300,000 so where do you get this over a million?

If you think thats all he's making your crazy. it's a confirmed 300,000 so he doesn't have to pay taxes on it here in the US.

Post #10   2/28/09 9:52:18PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by decken

If you think thats all he's making your crazy. it's a confirmed 300,000 so he doesn't have to pay taxes on it here in the US.

Well he does not care that much about money first of all and until I have evidence that he is making more that is how much he is making for fighting. I am not saying he is not making more for sponsorships ect but for fighting.

Post #11   3/1/09 12:49:48AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by decken

Posted by cmill21

Posted by decken

Well he does not care that much about money first of all and until I have evidence that he is making more that is how much he is making for fighting. I am not saying he is not making more for sponsorships ect but for fighting.

We've discussed it multiple times, Sakikibara said Fedor made over 1.3 million for his fight at Pride 32, and Affliction has confirmed it was over what AA made(1.5)

Post #12   3/1/09 7:10:29AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by decken

He isn't the highest paid fighter in MMA. A lot of the upper guys in the UFC get a cut of the PPV buys and that can add up to 1mil easy plus the under the table bonus and their normal show plus win pay. Then if you add FOTN, KOTN, and SOTN. To name a few that get PPV cuts and its changes fighter to fighter of how much of a cut they get. You have Randy, Chuck, Rampage, GSP, Penn, Anderson, Wandy, Mir, and Brock. Tito also got a large cut of the PPV buys when he was with the UFC. There for a while Tito was 2nd highest paid fighter just behind Chuck. Most likely Evans gets a cut now that he signed a new contract extension. There are also a few more but I think you get the point. I'm fairly sure Chuck is still the highest paid MMA fighter. Now that's not to say Fedor isn't up there but he isn't the highest.

But lets say for a sec he is the highest paid fighter in MMA. Is that really smart for a company that can barely fill the seats and has lack luster PPV buys? I like Affliction but they are just going about it all wrong. You cant start a company and expect to compete with the UFC. It takes years to build a brand and it doesn't happen over night. So now Fedor will have worked for 3 company's that have all failed. Its will happen to Affliction its just a matter of time.

Last edited 3/2/09 4:01AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   3/2/09 3:55:26AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Chips:
Something on a side note if they do talk with the UFC and work something out it would be nice to see Fedor fight in a cage for once. I'm dying to know how he will do in the cage. But in the end I don't think it will happen due to Fedor's management always looking out for themselves more than Fedor. Fedor's management will want to do some BS co-promotion with M1 like they have forced the last two company's that signed Fedor to do. The UFC wont do a co-promotions and I agree they shouldn't.

Post #14   3/2/09 4:05:46AM