Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Shamrock: Ken Shamrock cut himself to escape fight with Kimbo Slice

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I think Ken cut himself. It goes back to his giant ego and not being smart enough to understand the rest of the business. I think he got upset because Kimbo was making twice as much as he was and I don’t think his ego could take it. I know for a fact that he tried to hold the network up for more money the day before the show and unfortunately his parting words were, “Well, then you never know what will happen because anything can happen.” Then when he showed up with the cut we all thought he juiced himself. You know, he’s not to be trusted … a real fighter would have superglued it and put makeup on it and been and would have been out there fighting. Which (is something) I have done and many fighters have done many times … I have no idea what he’s doing. I just hope when he’s finished destroying himself that he has something left to live by.

-Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Frank Shamrock comments to Sam Caplan on brother Ken’s last-minute withdrawal from his EliteXC main event fight against Kimbo Slice last October due to (a possible self-inflicted) cut sustained hours for the bout. Frank — who had not been training for a fight and competes at 185 pounds — volunteered to fight the much larger Slice on two hours notice. Unfortunately CBS executives reportedly nixed the idea and opted to go with Seth Petruzelli instead. The rest, as “they” say is history. Despite moments of civility, the adopted and quasi-estranged brothers are back on bad terms following the illness of their father Bob. Family Feud, MMA style. For the rest of the interview click here.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   2/26/09 11:04:19PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I don't get why they hate each other so much. I can't wait to see what Ken says back to Frank on this one.

And I find it funny if it's true that he did cut himself before the fight.

Post #2   2/26/09 11:07:05PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I don't get why they hate each other so much. I can't wait to see what Ken says back to Frank on this one.

And I find it funny if it's true that he did cut himself before the fight.

well that;s what happens when you have two immature, arrogant guys with a short fuse who have had a squabble.

from wiki:

Ken and Frank have an estranged relationship; Ken has claimed that Frank mistreated their foster father Bob, while Frank claims that the real reason for the fallout with Ken is due to his feeling that Ken was trying to keep Frank's career down. Frank asserts that he and Ken have never been close, and that his attempts to mend their relationship have been rejected by Ken

Post #3   2/26/09 11:14:07PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
I dont think I believe that there not real brothers, they act alike and look alike.

Post #4   2/26/09 11:19:00PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

I dont think I believe that there not real brothers, they act alike and look alike.

well birth certificates disagree with you

Post #5   2/26/09 11:24:48PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by EvenFlow

Can you divorce you're family as a kid? if so I think they got divorced lol

Post #6   2/26/09 11:33:26PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

HAHAHAHA, this has to be a joke, it's well known they're both adopted by the same guy. Ken is from an Irish/English type background (his birth name is well enuf known, tho I can't think of it) and Frank's last name is Juarez and is (obviously) latino.

Anyway

My feeling has always been that he was asked to keep it standing (prob'ly had the obvious gameplan to go for the takedown) and chose to go for "a hard workout" and get cut. "accidentally on purpose" type of thing, but having more to do w/ being asked to run the match in a specific way that played to his weakenesses and the opponents strengths. Seth admitted he was asked to keep it standing (before recanting when he realized what he was doing to his career) and I think that convo was what made Ken get angry and go into the gym in a self destructive way. Maybe he did cut himself, who knows, as a former pro wrestler he might know how to do it to look natural. We're all entitled to our op and Frank is a **** talker who is tryign to build hype for this much rumored match.

Post #7   2/26/09 11:38:46PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

this has to be a joke

Yes jimi it was a joke........

Post #8   2/26/09 11:43:56PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,559-801
Chips:
In 1997, Frank had a falling out with Ken and Bob; they would not communicate again until Bob became terminally ill years later. In separate interviews aired Jan. 18, 2007 by Sherdog.com's Beatdown radio show, both Frank and Ken said they remain estranged — Frank claimed Ken has spurned all attempts at reconciliation; Ken accused Frank of treating their adoptive father badly [1].

In an interview with Sam Caplan of sportsline.com, Frank revealed he felt concerned with Ken's training methods, and when he confronted Ken, he was told "You don't have what it takes, you're not going to be a world champion and I want you to run my gyms for the rest of your life." This spurred him on to leave which led to the estrangement both Ken and Bob (who took Ken's side in the disagreement) He also stated that he would be happy to fight against Ken, should the opportunity arise.[2] Ken feels the same way, stating on Sherdog radio network, that Shamrock vs. Shamrock is a distinct possibility, stating that he taught Frank everything he knows and that it's wrong to proclaim yourself "The Legend," a moniker Frank has been using since his return at WEC 6.

Post #9   2/27/09 12:02:43AM   

dmfp

MMA Regular

dmfp Avatar

Career:809-495
Camp: Swe Boxe
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by EvenFlow

They could still hawe bob as their real dad. Many guys has secret kids

Post #10   2/27/09 3:43:13AM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
well if you look at their fights... Frank was always a bit better then Ken and he pulled way ahead of Ken in abilty when he left the Lions Den

Post #11   2/27/09 9:39:02AM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Frank, you're full of $hit.

Post #12   2/27/09 12:50:06PM   

chitownsfinest15

MMA Regular

chitownsfinest15 Avatar

Career:413-266
Camp: KMX 7249
Chips:
i definately think this is true...ken is a punk and he needs to retire....

Post #13   2/27/09 12:54:42PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
I said the same thing about 3 seconds into the show when Ken Shamrock explained what happened and went into a tirade about how bad he wanted to fight.
His Pro Wrestling experience was evident.

Post #14   2/27/09 2:09:30PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I said the same thing about 3 seconds into the show when Ken Shamrock explained what happened and went into a tirade about how bad he wanted to fight.
His Pro Wrestling experience was evident.

that cut wsa the most convientiant thing ever for him... he didn't get the money he wanted so he tried to screw over eliteXC by bailing on the fight last minute...

funny thing is Seth KOed Kimbo where Ken never could of

Post #15   2/27/09 2:37:35PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2