Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Koscheck.....

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I dont think it was a good stoppage. It was a flash K.O for sure, but Kos regained his composure really quick, and you could see as Silva got close Kos put his legs up to stop Silva from easily passing his guard. I dont actually like Kos so im happy to see him loose, but I think he should of been given longer to defend himself.

Post #16   2/22/09 9:48:36AM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I dont think it was a good stoppage. It was a flash K.O for sure, but Kos regained his composure really quick, and you could see as Silva got close Kos put his legs up to stop Silva from easily passing his guard. I dont actually like Kos so im happy to see him loose, but I think he should of been given longer to defend himself.

Yeah Silva such a bad-ass, he didn't even have to get into the ring to KO KOS this time... Just messing with ya bro.

Post #17   2/22/09 7:58:25PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson 2 and Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski 2 both have similar situations; one fighter knocks the other fight unconscious for a split second.

My point being is a knockdown, no matter how severe, isnt a knockout. Both of these fights were allowed to go past the knockdown mark and the results vary. Assuming because a fighter got knocked down and out, no matter the length of unconsciousness, is %110 inconsistent.

Josh was out for a split second yes but he immediately regained his composure and had every opportunity to prevent further damage.

Post #18   2/22/09 9:28:57PM   

kwortiz

Learning to Sprawl

Career:593-563
Chips:
He looked out for a sec ,but you can clearly see that he had his leg up in an attempt to defend himself ; Very bad stoppage. Even though the main concern should be safety the ref jumped in way to early.I don't know if the ref's do this or not :they should be obligated watch fighters past bouts in order to know their abilty to regroup. there are a few refs that when I see them in the ring /octagon I just start praying the fight ends by submission, because they seem to stop bouts way too early on punches.2 where on hand at UFC95.when I see Herb Dean I already feel it coming

Post #19   2/27/09 3:41:57PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by slapshot
I didn't see him go stiff, as far as I can tell he never went unconscious and was ready to defend himself before Thiago could even get to him on the ground.

Is that a fact doctor?

Posted by slapshot
Regardless of the controversy thats not even close to the biggest upset of the year.

Your the one that started in about how bad you think the ref did. Please find a bigger upset this year sherlock.

Like I said he didn't look stiff to me, is the ref a doctor? lol
Its on video and anyone can re-watch it and see that KOS was ready to defend himself before Thiago got over to him, thats not a opinion its a fact.

I just dont think its that big of a upset, KOS was not even a title contender at the time of the fight and was already coming off a loss, the year just started and Thiago was undefeated .... ...Watson.

Last edited 3/5/09 5:56AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   3/5/09 5:32:06AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by slapshot
I didn't see him go stiff, as far as I can tell he never went unconscious and was ready to defend himself before Thiago could even get to him on the ground.

Is that a fact doctor?

Posted by slapshot
Regardless of the controversy thats not even close to the biggest upset of the year.

Your the one that started in about how bad you think the ref did. Please find a bigger upset this year sherlock.

Like I said he didn't look stiff to me, is the ref a doctor? lol
Its on video and anyone can re-watch it and see that KOS was ready to defend himself before Thiago got over to him, thats not a opinion its a fact.

I just dont think its that big of a upset, KOS was not even a title contender at the time of the fight and was already coming off a loss, the year just started and Thiago was undefeated .... ...Watson.

The ref is the one making the decision for a doctor hes the professional not some kid/guy thats pissed about a stoppage that dosnt belong to him. You still stated OPINION as fact which is not only subjective but you didnt even find a bigger upset this year.

Post #21   3/7/09 7:35:58PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2