Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Parisyan Remains Under Temporary Suspension

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Keith Kizer, executive director for the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said the suspension of UFC welterweight Karo Parisyan will hold until a formal complaint against him is heard at the regulatory body’s next meeting in mid-March.

Kizer, on Feb. 10, issued a temporary suspension of the 26-year-old athlete when his post-UFC 94 drug test revealed the presence of painkillers Hydrocodone, Hydromorphoone, and Oxycodone.

During a commission meeting on Tuesday afternoon in Las Vegas, NSAC officials concluded its agenda could not accommodate a “full” hearing of the complaint against Parisyan, and that both officials and Parisyan needed more notice before the commission levies a formal decision on the matter.

LINK

Post #1   2/18/09 12:56:13AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:
I'mvery interested to hear what Karo has to say on the matter. I can't imagine that he was able to get three legit scripts for seperate high-end pain meds from the same doctor.

From what I understand medication like that cycles through your system relatively fast... Generally if it's in your system, it's effecting your body in one way or another. If he tested positive for three seperate pain meds I'd say it's beyond likely that they had some sort of effect on his body during the fight.

I'm surious to know what effect it had on Karo during the fight. I'm also curious to know if it was for injury, dependancy, neither, both...Who knows. I'm not sure how much Karo will even disclose.

Usually I'll be the first in line to crack a wise comment about him in most circumstances...But I think more then anything he needs to step away from the game for a VERY long time and consider his personal health and well-being the priority.

From the outside looking in, this appears to be more than just panic attacks. As a fan of the sport I'd rather not see him fight in his current state- the Kim fight was horrendous. But as a human being, I'd rather not see him risk his well-being both in and out of the cage.

Karo- Take as much time as you need, and then some. The sport will still be here when you come back. Get yer head right bro.

Last edited 2/18/09 4:41AM server time by bojangalz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/18/09 4:38:34AM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,056-647
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It looks to me (as someone who knows nothing) that the guy has either had panic attacks cancelled his fight and used painkillers to calm nerves for his next fight or become dependant on them for some reason in his time off.

Or it could be that he already had a dependancy on the painkillers and used the panic attacks as a cover up. Maybe he tried and failed to get off them or maybe he thought that it wouldnt show up in the test depending when he took them or thought he could cheat the test? either way i'll reserve judgement on him till i know the full story

Essay submitted 18/02/09 babalu46

Post #3   2/18/09 10:41:24AM