Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Troy Mandaloniz: I might take Paul Kelly's arm home with me at UFC 95

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"It seems like [Kelly] is taking me really lightly," Mandaloniz said. "He's saying that he's stronger than me and that I'm no genius on the ground -- and that I gained all this weight and I'm sitting on the beach in Hawaii. He wants to talk all this [expletive] about my ground game, but at least my only submission loss is to a great jiu-jitsu practitioner. How did he lose his last fight again?"

Kelly dropped an October 2008 bout to Marcus Davis via submission, the lone loss of his career.

Mandaloniz said he was actually appreciative of his English opponent for providing him the extra bit of motivation he needed to finish training camp on a strong note before traveling to London.

"He got me real fired up in my last week of training," Mandaloniz said. "It's made me even more hungry to go over there.

"I'm taking this one with a smile. I'm a [expletive] maniac, man. I'm the guy that you punch in the face and I smile. You don't understand why the hell you just hit me with your best shot and I'm still coming forward."

As Mandaloniz considers the UFC's reasoning for arranging the bout with Kelly, the tension is evident in his words.

"I think [the UFC] put us two together and matched us up because they want to see us go in there and punch each other in the face," Mandaloniz said. "I'm a little frustrated. I'm really thinking about putting him on his back and finishing him. But we'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to this fight. It's a war. I'm hoping for that quick finish, but I'm ready to go to the end."

And as Mandaloniz looks to return to action in dramatic fashion, the Hawaiian native has a message for his opponent.

"It's going to be a great one," Mandaloniz said. "I'm hoping that we stand in front of each other and just bang it out and get that fight of the night. But it looks like he thinks I'm so easy on the ground he's going to take me down.

"He better be careful, I might take his arm home with me."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   2/17/09 9:37:47AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Fat chance, booger.

Post #2   2/17/09 9:43:41AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
well, he hasnt fought in a year and a half, so hopefully he spent that time training the ground...course if you think about it, he hasnt hit the ground since the ultimate fighter, so he could be training with top notch bjj guys in verissamo and penn for over 2 years now, so hopefully he has....his boxing is good enough and so is his chin, but the ground is the question....im still picking kelly to lay and pray to a decison

Post #3   2/17/09 10:08:56AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Yeah Troy will be taking home Kelly's arm because it will be permanently stuck in Troy's face!

Post #4   2/17/09 10:47:12AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Kelley will finish him in dominant fashion and saturday.....

Post #5   2/17/09 10:55:24AM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Troy will not be talking pauls arm home but he will be takein himself home after stoping off at hospital to get checked over after kelly ground and pounds the hell out of him.

Post #6   2/17/09 3:54:04PM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:

Posted by wiggum

well, he hasnt fought in a year and a half, so hopefully he spent that time training the ground...course if you think about it, he hasnt hit the ground since the ultimate fighter, so he could be training with top notch bjj guys in verissamo and penn for over 2 years now, so hopefully he has....his boxing is good enough and so is his chin, but the ground is the question....im still picking kelly to lay and pray to a decison

good point, but remember he GREW UP with penn!! if he hadn't learned it by then, im not sure about the last two years....maybe though.....

Post #7   2/17/09 6:21:25PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think this is actaully going to be a competitive match-up

Post #8   2/17/09 6:24:18PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by wiggum

good point, but remember he GREW UP with penn!! if he hadn't learned it by then, im not sure about the last two years....maybe though.....

haha, very true.....on a side note, how much would it suck to always have your bff (yeah i used it!) whup your arse all the time? kinda feel sorry for troy in that respect

Post #9   2/18/09 12:19:59PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,463-760
Chips:
i remember dana saying in the tuf show after he was subbed "how a guy can hang out with bj and have zero ground game is beyond me"

Post #10   2/18/09 12:25:00PM