Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New Fedor Interview: Meeting with Dana in June for Lesnar vs Fedor!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
DreamFighters.com

DreamFighters.com: Will you be fighting on the next affliction Card? Is there been any talks of you fighting Brock Lesnar?

Fedor Emelianenko: Yes, I will fight again on the next affliction card. Besides this me and my management hope to get a chance to talk to Dana White in person in June to discuss a possible fight between me and Brock.

Post #1   2/16/09 1:34:11PM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
wont happen. You know, Dana could always get Fedor like he did Randy... Let Fedor fight the champ and if he wins, he is the UFC champ, if he losses, then the whole world just seen Fedor for pretty much the first time ever. If he is the champ, there is a contract clause.... ofcourse this would be a pretty shitty move by Dana, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Post #2   2/16/09 1:41:37PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Why should we buy into this? Because its not happening.

Post #3   2/16/09 1:48:05PM   

MattHughesRules

MMA Regular

MattHughesRules Avatar

Career:710-388
Camp: Tapout or Passout
Chips:
All I can say is I hope that Fedor comes into the UFC...I wanna see him fight on the biggest stage in that Octagon. Also...poor Brock Lesnar....I know that at this point Lesnar is probably not getting enough credit but he has little to no chance against Fedor. His one chance will be to take Fedor down and dominate a decision. My thought is that if he is able to get Fedor to the ground then "The Last Emperor will take Lesnar's arm home with him as a fight momento. In the end...Fedor will probably defend the takedowns and overwhelm Lesnar on his feet.

This is obviously really getting ahead of ourselves. There are clear hurdles that might prevent Fedor from ever fighting for the UFC.

Post #4   2/16/09 1:52:57PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
lol... this interview has one line about fedor vs lesnar and they're simply mentioning something that attencio has already told us, that they're trying to set up a cross promotional fight between lesnar and fedor. The reason why attencio and fedor's management wanna set up this fight is because fedor would be a heavy favourite and a win over lesnar would bring fedor right into the mainstream. Affliction wants this because a mainstream fedor seems to be the only thing that will legitimize their hw division in the eyes of the casual fan, and give them a competitive advantage over the ufc.

I think that given a couple years, lesnar may have what it takes to beat fedor but dana knows just as well as we do that he's far from a safe bet right now. With that said, the interview says that fedor hopes to get a meeting with dana in june... not that they will meet. I suspect that dana wont have much to say to fedor's management, considering how things turned out the last time they met. If dana does meet with them... he wont be negotiating a copromotion or a 1 fight contract in the ufc with fedor... he'll be telling fedor's management that affliction doesnt have the marketing push, market share or lifespan to bring fedor to the mainstream and fedor should look at his options now because affliction will be gone by the end of 2009

Post #5   2/16/09 2:28:21PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,726-1,499
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I'll believe it when I see it !!!!!

Post #6   2/16/09 2:32:04PM   

awechet

Learning to Sprawl

awechet Avatar

Career:123-84
Chips:
It would be great if it happened but Fedor say's "me and my management hope to get a chance to talk to Dana White" I think the two words hope and chance make his statement seem more like nothing is certain and most likely Dana White doesn't even know about this.

Post #7   2/16/09 2:53:47PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
This is only going to happen if Fedor fires his current management team.They want too much from the UFC,and they aren't going to get it.Look at what they are getting from Affliction-total rights to all footage of Fedor,co-promotion with M-1 for the entire card (not just the Fedor fight),ect. ect. They asked for even more than that from the UFC-they wanted both those things plus they wanted most of the Red Devil fight team signed,and they wanted all/most of Fedor's fights to be in Russia,and they wanted Fedor to be able to do his sambo tourneys (the UFC doesn't let their fighters do pro grappling tourneys).

The UFC countered with just paying Fedor a butt load of money,and that's wasn't good enough for them.I don't see how they are going to be able to go into talks from there-the UFC isn't going to budge an inch for Fedor.If they give in on one little thing to get him,then that means they'll have to give in for every big name they have on the roster already.

That's a lot of trouble to get a guy who might come in and totally flop in the UFC.Hey,it's happened before.......

As for Lesnar vs. Fedor-that doesn't get my very excited at this point in Lesnar's career.In two years it would,but not now.Right now,it's a 50/50 chance if he'll even get by Frank Mir.Fedor's submission skills and striking would really give Brock fits at this point in his career.He'd have to get a quick takedown and look immediatley to cut Fedor with a flurry of elbows,which he could do.Other than that,he'd be in deep chit.

But give Lesnar a couple years,and that'd be an interesting,competetive fight.

WB.

Last edited 2/16/09 3:14PM server time by WheelchairBandit
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/16/09 3:09:03PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Fedor would armbar Lesnar in less then a minute......The UFC has no use for this fight unless Fedor is fighting for the UFC.....If Fedor never signs with the UFC there will never be any Co Promotion......Why would Dana want to do that especially if Brock beats Mir why would Dana want the world to see the UFC HW champ dismantled by another promotions fighter....That would not be good for the UFC......

Post #9   2/16/09 3:09:16PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
Well, i could imagine the ufc doing a one fight contract for fedor fighting randy at ufc 100. that would made it very special and if randy wins, the ufc proves to be the superior organisation. if fedor wins, randy could retire and it's still all good for the ufc with lesnar or mir as a hw champion.

Last edited 2/16/09 3:44PM server time by xblacksheepx

Post #10   2/16/09 3:43:40PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Maybe the management team will be a little more reasonable this time. Instead of an arena to stage some concerts--maybe just a few guitars and a couple amps.

Post #11   2/16/09 4:11:17PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
I have already burried all of my hope of fedor coming to the ufc in a very deep hole and this interview isnt exactly making me search for my shovel...

Post #12   2/16/09 7:01:29PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
I dont care what anyone says it can happen if Fedor wants it to.

Post #13   2/16/09 7:06:19PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
So, uhh.... what happens if Frank Mir beats Lesnar again?

I'm not going to go on about the points people already made. This is all just talk with an unlikely outcome. Besides, I like Fedor where he's at. UFC HW division needs to sort itself out (they're on the right track by promoting Gonzaga, Velasquez, Carwin, Mir and Lesnar) but in all honesty I think the top HW's are going to sort themselves out soon when and if Fedor fights Barney. If he beats Barnett who can deny he is the best HW in the world? He'll have ran through virtually everyone.

Fighting Lesnar at this point doesn't give Fedor the credit he deserves. If he stomps Lesnar then people will say that Brock was a flash in the pan and he doesn't have the experience. There's still so many questions surrounding Lesnar. Honestly, I see the potential he has, but until he solidifies himself with another win or two I don't believe people will give credit to the person who beats Lesnar. Just like when Mir beat him people will have all kinds of excuses for why Lesnar lost. Let's give him a couple more fights so we can see where he really stands.

Post #14   2/16/09 11:34:34PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,617-1,067
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
What is with all the exclimation points in the post header? It doesn't help legitimize the post with the screaming it at me. If only this would actually happen I would...

Last edited 2/17/09 1:59AM server time by drudinh

Post #15   2/17/09 1:59:27AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2