Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck Talks UFC 95, Weighs In On GSP Greasing Allegations

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Josh Koscheck knows he’s not your favorite UFC fighter. But you know something? He doesn’t really care. The way he sees it, his job is to fight, and win, as often as possible. After a highlight reel knockout of Yoshiyuki Yoshida at the UFC’s “Fight for the Troops,” he looks to continue he winning streak at UFC 95 next Saturday against Octagon newcomer and undefeated Brazilian fighter Paulo Thiago.

In our exclusive interview, Koscheck discusses his next fight, his career, and what he makes of the Georges St. Pierre greasing allegations.

CagePotato.com: Thanks for talking with me Josh. What do you know about your opponent on the 21st, Paulo Thiago?

I really don’t know anything about him. To be honest with you, I don’t even know what he looks like. I’ve never seen video on him, nothing. For me, it’s a fight. I expect to go in there and fight and just do what I do, which is win.

Is the reason you haven’t seen any video on him because you can’t find any, or because you don’t care to look?

I just don’t even care to look. I don’t care to watch it. I don’t watch video on any of my opponents. For me it’s just another fight. I fight tough guys every single day at the gym. I got a couple guys in the top ten in the weight class, like Jon Fitch and Mike Swick, plus the other guys from other weight classes at our gym. I’m just looking for another good fight. I’m sure he’s a tough opponent, but he hasn’t fought in the UFC yet. This will be his first opportunity to fight somebody really tough.

Do you think it’s strange that after your big knockout of Yoshida, the UFC gives you an opponent most people have never heard of, who’s making his debut?

Not really. Like I told the UFC, I’ll fight anybody at any time. I don’t care who it is, where it’s at, if the fights are three weeks apart from each other. I just want to fight as much as I can.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   2/11/09 2:19:32PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
I don't know I am not a KOS fan by any means but he really came of like a cool guy in that interview

I like the fact he is excepting his loss against GSP for what it really was
props for that

and I wish more guys looked at fighting the way he does, anyone anywhere
I like it

Post #2   2/11/09 2:51:39PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Focker101

I don't know I am not a KOS fan by any means but he really came of like a cool guy in that interview

I like the fact he is excepting his loss against GSP for what it really was
props for that

and I wish more guys looked at fighting the way he does, anyone anywhere
I like it

Agreed.

Post #3   2/11/09 3:04:20PM   

ColonDiver

Learning to Sprawl

ColonDiver Avatar

Career:808-473
Camp: Colon Divers
Chips:
ya Kos really seems to mature im starting to really like him, and hes always entertaining

Post #4   2/11/09 3:41:00PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,473-1,157
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Oh, no. I didn’t feel anything when I fought him. That isn’t the reason I lost that fight. The reason I lost the fight is because he was better than me that night.

Props to Kos for not jumping on the Excuse Bandwagon.

Post #5   2/11/09 5:04:37PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:
ive always been a fan since season 1 of tuf. this interview showed how far hes come to me, before he was getting his name out there now he seems like hes just being himself.

Post #6   2/11/09 5:20:29PM   

RandyCouture

MMA Regular

RandyCouture Avatar

Career:1,524-786
Chips:
Tuf one he was retarted but ive always been a pretty big KOS fan and I totally respect the dude he will fight anybody at anytime props KOS

Post #7   2/11/09 5:35:58PM   

Ulfhethnar6

MMA Regular

Ulfhethnar6 Avatar

Career:399-245
Camp: Colon Divers
Chips:
I don't really get why Kos still get's so much hate and boos. He's been a mad man lately and real exciting to watch. I think it's stupid to not watch videos of your opponent though, even if they are unknown. Just ask Jardine (after Houston).

Post #8   2/11/09 5:37:37PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
Its hard not to warm up to Koscheck.

Post #9   2/11/09 5:40:16PM   

Fox

Learning to Sprawl

Fox Avatar

Career:572-419
Camp: THE BOBBLEHEADS
Chips:
Kos is a great fighter and is fine tuning his game to be a well rounded fighter instead of just taking everyone down. Although i have seen fights where i definitly think he shouldve taken it to the ground more (Alves) i think he is developing a pretty mean set of hands. Big fan and cant wait to see him again.

Post #10   2/11/09 6:08:06PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Props to Koscheck dude knows what it means to be a real fighter!!

Post #11   2/11/09 6:28:20PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
It has to be nearly unprecedented that a fighter goes from so unanimously loathed to fan fovorite (well maybe more like just warming up to him). I didn't think I would ever like Josh, but he's grown on me. He'll fight anyone, and I actually like that he's not trying to change himself to ingratiate himself with the fans.

I think it's a big mistake to not at least view a little footage of a fighter. You have to at least know whether this guy is a BJJ guy, a wrestler, a striker or whatever--so at the very least you're not surprised when you take the guy down and starts working some BB level BJJ on you.

Post #12   2/11/09 6:37:36PM   

mach

MMA Regular

mach Avatar

Career:572-338
Camp: SA Goons
Chips:
it's weird but ever since Kos got his ass beat by Alves I've started to become a fan

Post #13   2/11/09 7:15:50PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

It has to be nearly unprecedented that a fighter goes from so unanimously loathed to fan fovorite (well maybe more like just warming up to him). I didn't think I would ever like Josh, but he's grown on me. He'll fight anyone, and I actually like that he's not trying to change himself to ingratiate himself with the fans.

I think it's a big mistake to not at least view a little footage of a fighter. You have to at least know whether this guy is a BJJ guy, a wrestler, a striker or whatever--so at the very least you're not surprised when you take the guy down and starts working some BB level BJJ on you.

i believe that he lets his trainers do the tape watching and put together the gameplan. its his job to follow thru with it

Post #14   2/11/09 7:27:19PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:

Posted by Ulfhethnar6

I don't really get why Kos still get's so much hate and boos. He's been a mad man lately and real exciting to watch. I think it's stupid to not watch videos of your opponent though, even if they are unknown. Just ask Jardine (after Houston).

It's his freakin' clown hair. It's just completely ridiculous. I think he's a great fighter though, but that hair is just too much. I remember watching one of his fights where he cuts the dude with an elbow and the guy is bleeding all over and it gets all in Kos' hair and it turned this fu**ed up pinkish color! It was the funniest god damn thing I've ever seen. It looked like bozo the clown was in the UFC

Post #15   2/11/09 9:10:42PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2