Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Urijah Faber vs. Wagnney Fabiano possible for WEC 40

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Wagnney Fabiano discusses his return to the cage at WEC 40 , possible opponent Urijah Faber

Fabiano returns on April 5th, possible opponent is former featherweight champion, Urijah Faber.

Post #1   2/9/09 3:14:05AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,700-926
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I thought for sure Faber would get the chance to win back the 145 title while Fabiano dealt with Aldo in some dark alley somewhere. Now with Fabiano and Faber potentially tied up and Curran scheduled to fight at 40 as well, I wonder who that leaves for the Brown/Garcia winner.

Post #2   2/9/09 3:32:34AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,817-1,114
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Well this fight would only be a little over a month after the Brown/Garcia, there's no reason Faber can't still fight the winner of that fight...provided he beats Fabiano of course and comes out reasonably healthy.

Post #3   2/9/09 4:32:07AM   

kasual

MMA Regular

kasual Avatar

Career:353-201
Camp: HERO SQUAD
Chips:
Awesome. This is the kind of match up I've been waiting Wagney to take since he arrived in the WEC. 2009 is going to be a good year for this promotion. I do see Urijah taking this one though, he looked beyond focused against Pulver. He wants that rematch with Brown really badly. Maybe this can set up Fabiano v. Garcia, really want to see that tilt as well.

Post #4   2/9/09 9:20:56AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Well first off hopefully faber runs through Fabiano, who didnt look to impressive last time out. Fabiano's only loss is to Jeff Curran by SD.

Winner of Brown/Garica will likely have to face Faber pending if he wins but if he doesnt, and jose aldo wins he might get the shot.

Post #5   2/9/09 9:23:05AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Looks like a contender match for sure. Sets up nice with the Brown Garcia fight allowing a good training camp for both fighters who ever they might be.

Post #6   2/9/09 9:35:08AM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,200-1,311
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
"sniff" ... "sniff"

I smell a +2 bonus, that I will be happy to take.

Post #7   2/9/09 10:13:30AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
wow, yeah i would have figured they would have already given faber the title shot by now given how much they hype him....but im glad they didnt give it to him......in this fight fabiano, probably has the better technical game, but faber has been in theyre with some good bjj guys and has looked good so if it hits the ground, i dont think fabiano has too much of an edge there.....striking i give to faber, but fabiano has more power....wagney utilizes good boxing skills when he actually does engage, but seems to be a bit tentative on the feet, while faber brings it from all angles with every limb and does it very well, but i think hes lacking power.....im not fighter bashing when i say this, but reality is reality, faber landed a ton of clean fight ending shots on pulver in there first go around and couldnt put him out, and pulvers chin is more fragile than fine china, so to me that says something (even if pulver had the "fight of his life").....cardio is faber all day long....fabiano seems to lack in that department, or either he just fights really slow ...chin goes to wagney, since i havent seem him have trouble taking punches yet, while fabers only two losses were due to strikes...in the end, i see a faber decision win and title shot.....only to win it in rematch with brown and lose it in his next title defense against aldo (cough * prediction * cough)

Post #8   2/9/09 10:35:19AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

I thought for sure Faber would get the chance to win back the 145 title while Fabiano dealt with Aldo in some dark alley somewhere. Now with Fabiano and Faber potentially tied up and Curran scheduled to fight at 40 as well, I wonder who that leaves for the Brown/Garcia winner.

Curran is a bantamweight now.

Faber should have a SHITLE TOT! He deserves it after defending so many times and then demolishing Pulver in their rematch. I just hope they aren't already going to give Aldo the shot of the winner of Brown/Garcia.

Post #9   2/9/09 12:05:22PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
This fight ain't gonna happen right now-they'll stick Urijah in there against the winner of Brown/Garcia ASAP.Faber is their poster boy,and they want him to be champ again-that's why they scrambled to put together the totally pointless Pulver rematch so fast.They aren't going to risk Faber having a setback against a very dangerous guy like Fabiano in a non-title fight.

The next time we see Faber,it will be in a title fight.We will see him face Fabiano somewhere down the road,and I think that's a good style matchup for Faber.The guy's that are going to give Faber a hard time are guys like Brown-bigger more powerful wrestlers that he can't take down.Faber has a solid BJJ game and could most likely win a decision or maybe even stop Fabiano with GnP.

WB.

Post #10   2/9/09 5:40:38PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
False. Not happening.

Article

Closed.

Post #11   2/10/09 6:32:45AM