Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chest Workouts

Print  
Posted By Message

TOFugitive

Learning to Sprawl

TOFugitive Avatar

Career:14-16
Chips:
what are some good workouts to lose tittie fat and gain just muscle in the tittie/ chest

Last edited 2/6/09 8:02PM server time by TOFugitive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/6/09 7:43:51PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
you could always just bench press light weight but alot of reps. are you in school?

Post #2   2/6/09 8:19:41PM   

TOFugitive

Learning to Sprawl

TOFugitive Avatar

Career:14-16
Chips:
NO IM NOT IN SCHOOL AND IS THat it

Post #3   2/6/09 8:51:06PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
push ups dude. if you do get into some weights and sh it still do push ups after every set. trust me,

Post #4   2/7/09 3:24:18PM   

Mattchoo

MMA Regular

Mattchoo Avatar

Career:240-178
Chips:
I wouldnt mind being let in on some of these to much either.

Any more detailed workouts or routines from you guys?

Good ones are prop worthy

Post #5   2/8/09 11:23:10AM   

Chec22

MMA Regular

Chec22 Avatar

Career:299-236
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I would do pyramids of dips, preferably on a dip station, and also push ups. You get a lot more out of these than just benching. (my opinion of course)

Post #6   2/8/09 12:24:30PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,466-896
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
I see a couple of potential problems from the way the question is asked:

1) Losing fat and gaining muscle are really two different things. From an appearance standpoint both may individually have the effect of making your chest seem a bit firmer, but you really have to look at those two processes (losing fat and gaining muscle) separately. The fat will be lost on your chest the same way it is on any other part of your body--by taking in fewer calories than you burn. So look at diet and cardiovascular exercise for results there.

2) Are you working out already? Doing a workout just to hit one specific muscle group isn't usually effective for several reasons and it certainly doesn't get you in shape.

Assuming that you're already conscious of your diet and exercise then I'd give a +1 on doing pushups. If you have access to a fully equipped gym, I'd also suggest working in more incline presses (dumbbells are better than a bar IMO)--including doing them heavy in place of bench press on some workout days. You'll notice bodybuilders doing a disproportionate amoutn of incline presses compared to other strength athletes and the reason is that the upper pecs can have a more dramatic effect on the chest appearance than other parts. It sounds like it's the appearance, at least for that bodypart, that you're focusing on.

Post #7   2/12/09 9:52:05PM