Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Satoshi Ishii to Affliction?

Print  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
Satoshi Ishii has been reported to of put UFC negociations on hold right now, and is even looking at Affliction as a new home for him.

link to dream fighters

Post #1   2/3/09 10:19:14PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,737-1,519
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Unless Affliction plans on going to Japan soon, which I highly doubt, then I don't think they would be willing to pay an unknown and unproven fighter the big bucks. If anything, this is a negotiation tactic.

Post #2   2/3/09 10:28:56PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Negotiating tactic is the first thought that I had too, but you never know I guess.

Post #3   2/3/09 10:47:46PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,384-1,280
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
don't cross dana, don't cross him!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #4   2/3/09 11:01:31PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Might as well try and suck big money out of affliction while you can.

Post #5   2/3/09 11:40:09PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
when was the last time a negotiation tactic worked against the ufc? The ufc will pitch to you what they think they can get away with paying you... you then come across with a counter offer of what you think you're worth to the ufc. With good management and good negotiating skills, what is probably reached most often is a midpoint where neither parties are happy with what they've settled for.... sounds shitty but the catch here is that these fighters get to fight in the biggest promotion, get the best sponsors, and get to establish themselves in an organization which is still growing immensely. I suspect that within a few years, the ufc will be able to afford to pay their fighters the big bucks. I would personally rather not have fighters making ridiculous sums of money like boxing because then we end up with fighters like money mayweather... but enough to pay for all their training expenses, to support their families comfortably, and to have enough to retire on when their careers end.

If Ishii is genuinely considering affliction, i suspect that it's because he wants to rake in a 250k pay day before he signs with the ufc for 50k per fight. Too bad it'll only be 1 pay day if the rumours on affliction are true.

Post #6   2/3/09 11:41:33PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

when was the last time a negotiation tactic worked against the ufc? The ufc will pitch to you what they think they can get away with paying you... you then come across with a counter offer of what you think you're worth to the ufc. With good management and good negotiating skills, what is probably reached most often is a midpoint where neither parties are happy with what they've settled for.... sounds shitty but the catch here is that these fighters get to fight in the biggest promotion, get the best sponsors, and get to establish themselves in an organization which is still growing immensely. I suspect that within a few years, the ufc will be able to afford to pay their fighters the big bucks. I would personally rather not have fighters making ridiculous sums of money like boxing because then we end up with fighters like money mayweather... but enough to pay for all their training expenses, to support their families comfortably, and to have enough to retire on when their careers end.

If Ishii is genuinely considering affliction, i suspect that it's because he wants to rake in a 250k pay day before he signs with the ufc for 50k per fight. Too bad it'll only be 1 pay day if the rumours on affliction are true.

I don't think the UFC's offer is 50k, I think his Dream contract was over a million.

Post #7   2/4/09 2:53:54AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
considering that lesnar's contract was 250k and he had so much promise of being absolutely dominant... and such a strategic draw from his wwe days... i dont think that ishii could get anywhere near a million. Maybe 50k is a little low... I see no way that they'd pay him anywhere near lesnar.

Post #8   2/4/09 10:16:11AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

considering that lesnar's contract was 250k and he had so much promise of being absolutely dominant... and such a strategic draw from his wwe days... i dont think that ishii could get anywhere near a million. Maybe 50k is a little low... I see no way that they'd pay him anywhere near lesnar.

Japanese expansion would be the answer.

Post #9   2/4/09 2:28:30PM   

Beardotheweirdo

MMA Regular

Beardotheweirdo Avatar

Career:505-317
Chips:
I knew it. Ishii is just trying to drive up his value before he negotiates with Dream, or Sengoku.

Affliciton have overpaid before, but I highly doubt they will sign Ishii.

Zuffa knew it too. Why would Zuffa pay Ishii big money to debut in the UFC? The casual North American fans could care less about him, and he's still really green. The UFC wouldn't want to pay him big money AND have to build him up with easy fights. They just want Dream or Sengoku to spend more on Ishii then they should have to.

For the people who thought that UFC was trying to expand into Japan. Their are easier and cheaper ways of doing this, than signing Ishii. Not to mention that the vast majority of Japanese fans don't embrace the UFC and Dana. And the UFC is already a trying to take over Europe, and much of North America. They can't afford to go into a new market and take a big loss right now. If the UFC wants Japan, they will have to wait, because Japan doesn't want them ATM.

Post #10   2/4/09 3:36:45PM