Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hughes weighs in on St. Pierre

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:
"...for my last two fights against Georges, he felt greasy."

link

hmm...

Post #1   2/3/09 7:48:57PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

According to all of those cheap shot guys, all the referees who checked GSP before entering any fights and were checking GSP at the beginning of each rd, all the supervisors who were at each side of GSP in his corners in every rd of every fights are all blind or incompetent, or even cheaters.

If all of a sudden those guys feel the need to thrash talk on GSP , it is only to try to make an excuse to have been destroyed .

You CAN'T write in the same sentence," well yeah when i fought GSP he was greasy " and add " but the fight would have been the same way ".

If you want to tel lthat GSP was greasy, be a man and write that you lose only because of that, that it.

Last edited 2/5/09 9:21AM server time by MMA
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #2   2/3/09 7:51:17PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
didn't gsp pick hughes apart standing in their second fight, how would hughes know if he was slippery, did his shin or fists feel so on his face???

Post #3   2/3/09 7:58:49PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

didn't gsp pick hughes apart standing in their second fight, how would hughes know if he was slippery, did his shin or fists feel so on his face???

Post #4   2/3/09 8:00:27PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I find it interesting that he only felt greasy in the two fights that Matt lost.

Since fighters are checked before entering the cage, can't someone just review the tapes to see what went on between rounds in all of his fights? If he was greased in all of the fights that he's being accused, I have no doubt that at least a percentage of the alleged incidents are on camera.

Post #5   2/3/09 8:03:02PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
They stood the whole time in the rematch, yeah, but they did go to the ground for the rubber match. Maybe hughes is trying to emphasize that match moreso than the rematch.

Last edited 2/3/09 8:04PM server time by Chuteboxer

Post #6   2/3/09 8:03:47PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

According to all of those cheap shot guys, all the referees who checked GSP before entering any fights and were checking GSP at the beginning of each rd, all the supervisors who were at each side of GSP in his corners in every rd of every fights are all blind or incompetent, or even cheaters.

If all of a sudden those guys feel the need to thrash talk on GSP , it is only to try to make an excuse to have been destroyed .

You CAN'T write in the same sentence," well yeah when i fought GSP he was greasy " and add " but the fight would have been the same way ". If you want to tel lthat GSP was greasy, be a man and write that you lose only because of that, that it.

Otherwise, SHOT THE **** UP !!!

That doesn't make sense. The fact that they're saying they would've lost anyway makes their argument stronger. In no way is it self-contradictory.

Post #7   2/3/09 8:12:21PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
Not looking good for old Georgie boy weather he did it or didn't this will always look bad on him. I just find it funny that all these guys are coming forward to all say the samething.

Post #8   2/3/09 8:13:03PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
all of this is irritating to say the least, it's probably cause he's Canadian, heaven forbid Canadians succeed at anything

Post #9   2/3/09 8:13:30PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Good lord, this will never end! lol

Post #10   2/3/09 8:17:24PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by tuvok500

You CAN'T write in the same sentence," well yeah when i fought GSP he was greasy " and add " but the fight would have been the same way ". If you want to tel lthat GSP was greasy, be a man and write that you lose only because of that, that it.

That doesn't make sense. The fact that they're saying they would've lost anyway makes their argument stronger. In no way is it self-contradictory.

What i mean is if you are going to bash on a guy like GSP be a man to do it right, you want to blame GSP for being greasy, be a man and tell that you lose because of it, if not just shut the **** up.

i am not talking about contradiction , i am talking about being a man or a small minded.

i am not expecting you to understand by the way.

Last edited 2/3/09 8:18PM server time by tuvok500

Post #11   2/3/09 8:17:39PM   

Dasklown

Learning to Sprawl

Dasklown Avatar

Career:684-478
Camp: Team Plata
Chips:
That's Hughes for you, the guy has no class.

Post #12   2/3/09 8:18:48PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Chips:
When 5 of your last 8 opponents are accusing you of the same thing, and the NSAC too, I think it has a measure of merit to it. I've never fought the guy so I can't say one way or another, but it's freakin' curious.

Last edited 2/3/09 8:20PM server time by mictlantechutli

Post #13   2/3/09 8:18:50PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mictlantechutli

When 5 of your last 8 opponents are accusing you of the same thing, and the NSAC too, I think it has a measure of merit to it.

Funny because nobody ever complained about this after their fights, you know how we call it here in Quebec ? we call it " rat sale "

it is like a guy who hide in the crowd to throw a rock in a glass, then when the good peoples are trying to find him and to stop him, 2 or 3 or 10 others " rat sale " are doing the same just to put more wood in the fire, they know this is wrong but they do it anyways.

Not sure that Hughes's GOD asked him to do that.

Come on Hughes, go live on TV and call GSP out, come on do it.... same for the others.

Post #14   2/3/09 8:28:48PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Aether

Posted by tuvok500

What i mean is if you are going to bash on a guy like GSP be a man to do it right, you want to blame GSP for being greasy, be a man and tell that you lose because of it, if not just shut the **** up.

i am not talking about contradiction , i am talking about being a man or a small minded.

i am not expecting you to understand by the way.

Well that's because it doesn't make sense at all.

No one is bashing him, they're saying he felt greasy because everyone is asking them about it, and they're also saying that it wouldn't have mattered and they would've lost anyway because that's what they believe. If they don't believe that they lost because of it, why would they say that they did? Everything isn't just a massive conspiracy against you and GSP.

I still haven't made any judgements about this situation because it's foolish to make a decision before you have the facts. What you're saying makes no sense though, you're just blindly defending your favourite fighter at any cost.

Post #15   2/3/09 8:42:59PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3