Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mayhem Miller says he's fought a greased up fighter before....

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
This time an anonymous MEGA arena, in a mega city, in front of a mega crowd, in a mega show, for what was then mega money to me. The stakes are much higher this time, and I had done my best to prepare for this single fight, even going so far as to NOT have a wild sex party the night before the fight, so that I could improve my mental focus. After a rough first round, I met in the center for round 2 and somewhere got taken down. "No biggie, my guard is good, he won't hurt me here, and maybe I can pull off the submission, get a "Dumbass of the Night" award or something. While locked in my tight guard, I noticed that for some reason I was have trouble keeping my opponent's head down. I practiced shirtless with my great training partners, and never had this much trouble keeping a guy from punching me. Was this guy uber strong or something? No exactly. After a couple more stiff elbows to my grillpiece, I felt the familiar slick that I would get every day at kickboxing practice on my nose and eyes, only it was on my opponents neck, now up 2 rounds, Vaseline!

LINK

Last edited 2/2/09 10:51PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/2/09 10:49:26PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
I've gone on record saying that I think GSP is an honorable guy who wouldn't pull this kind of stuff. With Mayhem saying this stuff, though- was I wrong?

Last edited 2/2/09 10:54PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   2/2/09 10:52:24PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Yea, apparently Serra's camp told Penn's camp that he greased in their second fight, too. Aaaaannnnddd, apparently Sherk is also claiming Georges greased in their fight. Who knows what happens from here.

Post #3   2/2/09 11:14:13PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,021-1,032
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Yea, apparently Serra's camp told Penn's camp that he greased in their second fight, too. Aaaaannnnddd, apparently Sherk is also claiming Georges greased in their fight. Who knows what happens from here.

It is funny to see that all of a sudden everybody who got destroyed by GSP try their shot...
i say ridiculous and a complete internet propaganda !!

BJ didn't even complain about that yet and will probably not so ..

Post #4   2/2/09 11:19:36PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Man, I just hope to God this isn't true. I wouldn't mind going back and watching the Mayhem vs. GSP fight to see if Mayhem really does scream something to the ref about him being greased up. I have the UFC 52 dvd around here somewhere.

I really want to give GSP the benefit of the doubt here. I thought it was a very interesting read, though

Post #5   2/2/09 11:20:35PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by gspfan

It is funny to see that all of a sudden everybody who got destroyed by GSP try their shot...
i say ridiculous and a complete internet propaganda !!

BJ didn't even complain about that yet and will probably not so ..

i hope this isn't true for your sake, tuvok.

Post #6   2/2/09 11:21:28PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Chips:
Uh oh...

Post #7   2/2/09 11:27:30PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope
Man, I just hope to God this isn't true. I wouldn't mind going back and watching the Mayhem vs. GSP fight to see if Mayhem really does scream something to the ref about him being greased up. I have the UFC 52 dvd around here somewhere.

I really want to give GSP the benefit of the doubt here. I thought it was a very interesting read, though

As do I. I'm going to see how this plays out for a little while and reserve judgement until more facts come to light.

Only thing I can ask in Georges' defense about all the fighters coming out with these claims is, if all their claims are true, why hadn't any one of them ever filed a formal complaint to the athletic commission?

Last edited 2/2/09 11:30PM server time by gspfan
Edit note/reason: typo

Post #8   2/2/09 11:30:12PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i want this to just go away. i can't stand this whole situation and i hope to FSM that it isn't true.

Post #9   2/2/09 11:51:58PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Jackelope

As do I. I'm going to see how this plays out for a little while and reserve judgement until more facts come to light.

Only thing I can ask in Georges' defense about all the fighters coming out with these claims is, if all their claims are true, why hadn't any one of them ever filed a formal complaint to the athletic commission?

Not to mention these guys got man-handled by GSP too and now they r saying this. Y didnt anyone speak up early. GSP is amazing and always comes in with a game plan. also Kos n hughes never said anything and those r the best wrestlers GSP faced and he took them down not mention karo was still able to pull of some throws in their match (which seems impossible versus a greased GSP). If u barely lose to him then i can see complaining but not if u get dominated

Post #10   2/3/09 12:26:23AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Jackelope

Not to mention these guys got man-handled by GSP too and now they r saying this. Y didnt anyone speak up early. GSP is amazing and always comes in with a game plan. also Kos n hughes never said anything and those r the best wrestlers GSP faced and he took them down not mention karo was still able to pull of some throws in their match (which seems impossible versus a greased GSP). If u barely lose to him then i can see complaining but not if u get dominated

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but his fight with Karo was his first in the UFC.

Post #11   2/3/09 12:50:41AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Seriously, all of these guys say it now? How long after their fights with St. Pierre. I'm calling shenanigans on them.

Post #12   2/3/09 1:06:29AM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

...and Hughes would have bitched for sure.

Post #13   2/3/09 1:06:42AM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Jackelope

Because it really did not matter. He would have kick there a$$ with or without the lube!

Post #14   2/3/09 1:07:57AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
Shitty thing for the sport, like major ****. But if it is happening something does need to be done.

Miller saying this is a total surprise to me. Also after watching footage of the alleged greasing I found it pretty convincing; but still, not fact.

Most fighters dont right out and come up with excuses; its ***** and people would view it that way. This was brought up by people who were not fighting, the fighters until this happened.

As for the Hughes and Koscheck comments lets ask how great they are from their backs? They don't have that impressive pedigree from their guard like Miller, Penn, and Serra have.

Crazy situation but lets not jump to anything. I was totally against the idea until today, now im kind of leaning towards him cheating. Thats when I realized wait until it all plays out and I get more facts before I make up my mind.

Just Mayhem saying this is major imo. He seems as honest as you can get.

Post #15   2/3/09 1:48:52AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3