Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GSP Greased ??!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

AllKnowin1

Learning to Sprawl

AllKnowin1 Avatar

Career:117-73
Camp: MMATurf.Com
Chips:

Here is a Gif to judge for yourselves...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.J. Penn's Camp Files Formal Complaint Over Vaseline on St. Pierre's Back Between Rounds

B.J. Penn's camp has filed a formal complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission over Vaseline that was allegedly rubbed on Georges St. Pierre's back between rounds one and two. UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight press conference that he was aware of the complaint, and said he personally witnessed members of the commission take the Vaseline away from GSP's camp and rebuke them in the Octagon between rounds.

"I saw the commission jump up there and flipping out," said Dana White. They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think."

"The guys from the athletic commission went up there and started screaming at them. Knocked the Vaseline and kicked the Vaseline out of the Octagon."

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight, but you don't do it," and said the blame should fall on the cornerman responsible and not GSP.

"If a guy was intentionally putting Vaseline on a guy's back, he should never corner a mixed martial arts fight again."

As for what becomes of the complaint now, White said it's out of his hands.

"Who knows. That's up to the commission."

Source: http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penns-camp-files-formal-complaint-over-vaseline-st-pierres-back-between-rounds

Last edited 2/1/09 1:04PM server time by allknowin1
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   2/1/09 1:02:50PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
GSP addressed this during the MMA Live post fight show and Frank Mir agreed with his explanation. he said that he had no clue what was happening and that he was just focused on the fight and afterwards he asked what happened. his trainer didn't realize he had vaseline on his hand and when they realized and the commission realized they immediately whipped it off with a towel.

Post #2   2/1/09 1:11:29PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
ALL of this conversation over that???

Give me a break!

GSP doesn't even realize it's happening....

I don't see how that help GSP punch Penn's face over and over and take him down at will.....

Post #3   2/1/09 1:12:03PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,179-778
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
i dont think it would have mattered, may have interfered with rubberguard but ultimately GSP proved he was a better fighter last night.

Post #4   2/1/09 1:13:57PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
absolutely ridiculous.

if the vasoline was really there the referee would have been notified and they would have removed it before starting the rd 2.

Post #5   2/1/09 1:16:30PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

i dont think it would have mattered, may have interfered with rubberguard but ultimately GSP proved he was a better fighter last night.

Exactly

Post #6   2/1/09 1:16:31PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight

How does he know that? He wasn't in the ring fighting GSP going for triangles and submissions. That's easy to say while sitting on the sidelines.

I am sure that GSPs corner knew that GSPs only danger would be the triangle, and they didn't "accidentally" put vaseline on his back. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

So the patriots cheated by spying on on other teams via cameras and audio, so only the person holding the camera shoudl be considered a cheater? So the end result of winning games that they wouldn't have otherwise won should still count as a win because only one guy was holding the camera?

Rediculous, and the same applies here, if one guy on the whole team cheats, they are all cheaters, without question, regardless of which team member cheated, they all benefited from in via the win.

That fight result needs to be voided, and a message sent to other camps that those tactics wont be tolerated. Anything less would be sending a message that it is okay to grease your fighter between rounds.

What a disappointment that they felt the need to cheat to the point that it was so obvious that the atheletic commision was aware of their tactics.

and I dont buy that "he didnt know he had vaseline on his hands." Once maybe, but twice? No accident and if you believe it was I have a bridge to sell you in San Fran!!!!!!!

Last edited 2/1/09 1:27PM server time by bigkat

Post #7   2/1/09 1:24:04PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight

How does he know that? He wasn't in the ring fighting GSP going for triangles and submissions. That's easy to say while sitting on the sidelines.

I am sure that GSPs corner knew that GSPs only danger would be the triangle, and they didn't "accidentally" put vaseline on his back. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

So the patriots cheated by spying on on other teams via cameras and audio, so only the person holding the camera shoudl be considered a cheater? So the end result of winning games that they wouldn't have otherwise won should still count as a win because only one guy was holding the camera?

Rediculous, and the same applies here, if one guy on the whole team cheats, they are all cheaters, without question, regardless of which team member cheated, they all benefited from in via the win.

That fight result needs to be voided, and a message sent to other camps that those tactics wont be tolerated. Anything less would be sending a message that it is okay to grease your fighter between rounds.

What a disappointment that they felt the need to cheat to the point that it was so obvious that the atheletic commision was aware of their tactics.

and I dont buy that "he didnt know he had vaseline on his hands." Once maybe, but twice? No accident and if you believe it was I have a bridge to sell you in San Fran!!!!!!!

But if it was wiped off and cleared by the commission, then who benefited?

Post #8   2/1/09 1:31:52PM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Post #9   2/1/09 1:33:46PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,179-778
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Listen i'm a huge BJ fan, a massive fan even. But he lost that fight, i'm no expert and i wasnt in there so i wouldnt know, but everytime BJ tried to throw on a triangle, high guard, rubber guard or anything GSP would posture up (basically avoiding without needing the grease) and avoid it and try to rain down a big punch/elbow. I cant see the fight going any other way unless BJ landed something standing, which the vaseline has no effect on.

Last edited 2/1/09 1:37PM server time by Lord_Lenny

Post #10   2/1/09 1:35:58PM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
I agree... I am a big Penn fan as well, and I was really pulling for him in this fight, but BJ was not in the shape he needed to be in for this fight, I think the added wieght caused him to be slower. GSP was in the best shape he has ever been in this fight, and he had no problem over powering Penn. Now if this fight was at a catch wieght fight, I think it woul dbe better for Penn, but I really hope that Penn continue's to fight at both 170 and 155 wieght.

As far as this whole grease thing goes, there is more that happens then most of the fans will ever know. There is always a "method" that will give a fighter a slightly better chance against cuts, submissions, whatever it may be. I dont think that very many will consider GSP a cheater, nor will this issue be talked about very much, were better off just dropping it and congrats to GSP for his win.

Post #11   2/1/09 1:46:00PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,155-1,278
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
My thoughts on this are kind of the same as Whites.

I really don't think it made a difference, especially since they wiped it off.....but at the same time, a rule is a rule..and if it was done intentionally something should be done about it.

I don't think anything will come of this...but if it happens again, it will be a different story.

Post #12   2/1/09 1:49:22PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,155-1,278
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
My thoughts on this are kind of the same as Whites.

I really don't think it made a difference, especially since they wiped it off.....but at the same time, a rule is a rule..and if it was done intentionally something should be done about it.

I don't think anything will come of this...but if it happens again, it will be a different story.

Post #13   2/1/09 1:50:13PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BIGKAT

But if it was wiped off and cleared by the commission, then who benefited?

exactly. as soon as the commission saw it they whipped it off. i also highly doubt GSP's corner did that on purpose. Greg Jackson isn't the kind of trainer/cornerman that would let that fly.

Last edited 2/1/09 1:51PM server time by Bowen50

Post #14   2/1/09 1:50:46PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
BJ was gassed after the first round and they are just trying to grasp at straws at this point.....Pretty pathetic if you ask me.....

Post #15   2/1/09 2:04:51PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4