Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Worst Decision of UFC 94

Print  
?
Guida over Diaz 37 36%
Karo over Kim 57 55%
Cramer over Arroyo 7 7%
Howard over Wilson 2 2%
O'Brien over Wellisch 1 1%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

kurt-2112

MMA Regular

kurt-2112 Avatar

Career:425-283
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Guida should have gotten the UD.

hes luckly he got the split desecion win

Post #31   2/2/09 5:22:59PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
i think the ones saying he should of got the UD are the nut huggers... cause honestly no-one deserves to win when they only go out to not lose...

Die did more to finish the fight... hell Guida did nothing to even pretend he was trying to end the fight

Post #32   2/2/09 6:13:24PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I really don't know what Guida/Diaz match everyone watched, but Guida was very aggressive the entire match. In fact, he did the exact same thing he does in all of his matches, he ground n pounds guys to decision victories. The only offense Diaz had the entire match was his sweeps and some mosquito bites in the stand up which barely phased Guida. I thought it was a very entertaining fight, like always when it comes to Guida's fights.

Last edited 2/2/09 6:44PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   2/2/09 6:43:22PM   

Shoo

Learning to Sprawl

Career:375-209
Chips:

Posted by warglory

I really don't know what Guida/Diaz match everyone watched, but Guida was very aggressive the entire match. In fact, he did the exact same thing he does in all of his matches, he ground n pounds guys to decision victories. The only offense Diaz had the entire match was his sweeps and some mosquito bites in the stand up which barely phased Guida. I thought it was a very entertaining fight, like always when it comes to Guida's fights.

Agreed completely, I thought it was a clear Guida win, and I have shocked by the response here. I will watch it again, maybe I was a bit too tipsy...who knows. But Guida imposed his will in there and pushed it solid til the third when both guys were dragging. Diaz scored in the stand-up, but getting the better of the one aspect of the fight that covered maybe a minute from the duration of the fight, is not a win.

Post #34   2/2/09 10:33:13PM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,746-1,566
Camp: TKO
Chips:
karo over stun gun

Post #35   2/2/09 10:41:17PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by warglory

but he did not pound... he did the vertical LnP... and who care if the punches did not hurt Guida they landed... not everyone is a KO artists... effective striking is effectice striking... Guida did nothing but hug nate for 15 minute... when he got a takedown he did nothing with it but hold nate so he couldn't get subed... he tried not to lose he did not try to win

Post #36   2/3/09 12:40:15AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by warglory

but he did not pound... he did the vertical LnP... and who care if the punches did not hurt Guida they landed... not everyone is a KO artists... effective striking is effectice striking... Guida did nothing but hug nate for 15 minute... when he got a takedown he did nothing with it but hold nate so he couldn't get subed... he tried not to lose he did not try to win

eeeeh wrong answer he tried to win a decision he didnt try not to lose he tried to win the way he wanted to win and the way he always does.

Post #37   2/3/09 7:44:58AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by tmas

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by warglory

eeeeh wrong answer he tried to win a decision he didnt try not to lose he tried to win the way he wanted to win and the way he always does.

Ya he always tries to win non-convincingly His corner was yelling "Let him beat you up on the feet Clay, GO FOR THE SPLIT DECISION!".

Post #38   2/3/09 8:57:17AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by kurt-2112

Posted by gartface

Guida should have gotten the UD.

hes luckly he got the split desecion win

Not sure how he was lucky to win a split. Like said before the only offense that Nate really had was the sweeps, which he gave his back up during almost every time...don't know how that is effective.

Post #39   2/3/09 9:51:05AM   

MattHughesRules

MMA Regular

MattHughesRules Avatar

Career:710-388
Camp: Tapout or Passout
Chips:
I say Guida over Diaz is the worst of the bunch. In the second and third rounds Diaz had Guida in trouble with submission attempts and some good striking. I thought he won the final 2 rounds clearly and took the fight. Guida has gone from a very exciting fighter to a guy who grinds out decisions....and sometimes undeservingly.

Post #40   2/3/09 3:03:09PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
man..it HAD to be Stun Gun Kim..he got robbed..even my buddie that was there who was rootin for Karo..said after the fight that Karo lost..and what cha know..they give it to Karo...

Post #41   2/3/09 8:07:18PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't think Karo won but both guys put on a good fight and you can't really complain. Though I wouldn't have given it to him.

THe real crime was diaz vs guida. Guida is a nice guy. I've met him a couple of times (he's from my area) and my friend knows him well (there brothers went to highschool together). That being said (and I'm not fighter bashing) his style is very boring to me. He did nothing. Diaz was striking, going for submissions and trying to finish the fight. He cam close in the (3rd?) to finishing with punches and had good kimura and triangle attempts. Coming for ward and being (in the words of joe) "like glue" isn't a fighting style. It would hardly even win you much respect in the wrestling world.

I understand this has become effective for him and he is back on the winning side of things but he hardly throws a punch any more. I used to think his fights were so exciting. Now he looks determined to win only by boring and contested decisions.

The judges in MMA need an overhaul. Take downs should not be a determining factor if taking the guy down puts you in trouble for a submission once you get there. The judges need to understand the ground game. Octagon control seems to be the only thing they looked at in this fight (maybe aggression if you count coming forward, but I consider aggression finishing attempts) while in my opinion the striking and grappling were both won by diaz

Post #42   2/4/09 12:08:35AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
Kim won that fight. I saw it as a 10-8 first for Kim. A 10-9 second for Karo, and a 10-9 third for Kim.

Post #43   2/5/09 5:24:03PM   

shogunassassin

Learning to Sprawl

shogunassassin Avatar

Career:279-194
Camp: pandorasbox
Chips:
Karo beat Kim for sure.
Kim did nothing but hold onto his back alot.

When they broke from the clinch - Karo landed much more shots, and beautifl takedowns, and messy takedowns.

Kim didn't do anything but hang on and never threatened him.

Karo was pushing the fight.

Post #44   2/7/09 5:51:20AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Diaz won both the second and third rounds by my book.
Won the striking was trying to submit clay the entire time, took him down just as often and all clay did was hold on for dear life.

How I see the last two rounds
Striking =Nate
sub attempts+Nate
take downs = in the last two rounds where about even
control = clay

I was not surprised at the decision because it was a close fight but I think Nate should have won.

Post #45   2/9/09 6:42:49AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4