Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

BJ Penn's Camp Files Complaint With NSAC

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

I don't think it changed the outcome, but it's funny that people don't think it's a big deal. When Akiyama did it the world was in an uproar.

yeah but akiyama did it on purpose, and he also had something inside his gloves. and sakuraba was also going for submissions, while penn was getting dominated.

didnt rashad grease too in one fight ?

Well if what was said really happend they were rubbing it on his back, so that would be on purpose. I will say again, it woulden't change the outcome but I still don't think it's fair play.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the fight, but I believe it was happening and I believe it was intentional.

I'm a big GSP fan, and I think he is an honorable guy, but as someone who is involved in the sport I can say with relative certainty that this wasn't just happenstance. You guys posted a .gif of a tiny bit of it happening at one point, but conveniently the other .gif that is floating around the internet wasn't posted. By that I mean this new .gif (the one on the bottom) Take some time to compare the two, and realize they happened at separate times-

AND

It seems a bit more blatant in this one, doesn't it?

Now, my personal thoughts are that GSP is an honorable guy and I can't see him doing this on purpose. I can't speak for his cornermen, though. It seems pretty obvious to me that the guy knew what he was doing. What other reason would he have for rubbing his hand flat like that on his fighter's back? You see trainers touching their fighters all the time, sure, but rarely like this.

Again, though, I don't believe it would have changed the outcome of the fight. I also don't believe GSP knew what was going on. In between rounds you're is thinking about so many other things besides what your cornerman is doing with his hands. You're thinking about that weakness your opponent showed when he threw that punch, or about what comes next in the gameplan. Or a million other things. Never this kind of thing. Even if you did plan this I doubt you'd be thinking about it. It would be the kind of thing you discuss before the fight and not during.

So call people BJ nut huggers all you want or call it an excuse all you want. I'm with you when you say GSP worked him. However, after considering the evidence from an unbiased standpoint I can't say that this isn't a big deal and I can't say that at least SOMEBODY didn't know what they were doing.

Post #46   2/1/09 5:04:04PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Well if his camp can pull out something out of this does this mean the decesion could get reversed to a no contest like in that Saku fight a few years back?

the commission have a guy in each corner, the guy saw some Vaseline on GSP's shoulder and removed it and decided that everything was ok and the fight continue like normally.
No drama here, no mistake, nothing to call his mommy.

In doubt they can delay to beginning of the rd to clean, remove or repair anything they want, and the referee can do it too so..

the commission gonna ask their guy what happened, he will explain and BJ gonna go back to Hawaii the tail between his legs.

Last edited 2/1/09 5:09PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #47   2/1/09 5:07:34PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
yeah I said basically the same thing as you (jackelope) in the other thread... can't prop you have to spread the love.

Last edited 2/1/09 5:08PM server time by Aether

Post #48   2/1/09 5:08:17PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

I don't think it changed the outcome, but it's funny that people don't think it's a big deal. When Akiyama did it the world was in an uproar.

yeah but akiyama did it on purpose, and he also had something inside his gloves. and sakuraba was also going for submissions, while penn was getting dominated.

Well if what was said really happend they were rubbing it on his back, so that would be on purpose. I will say again, it woulden't change the outcome but I still don't think it's fair play.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the fight, but I believe it was happening and I believe it was intentional.

I'm a big GSP fan, and I think he is an honorable guy, but as someone who is involved in the sport I can say with relative certainty that this wasn't just happenstance. You guys posted a .gif of a tiny bit of it happening at one point, but conveniently the other .gif that is floating around the internet wasn't posted. By that I mean this new .gif (the one on the bottom) Take some time to compare the two, and realize they happened at separate times-

AND

Now, my personal thoughts are that GSP is an honorable guy and I can't see him doing this on purpose. I can't speak for his cornermen, though. It seems pretty obvious to me that the guy knew what he was doing. What other reason would he have for rubbing his hand flat like that on his fighter's back? You see trainers touching their fighters all the time, sure, but rarely like this.

Again, though, I don't believe it would have changed the outcome of the fight. I also don't believe GSP knew what was going on. In between rounds you're is thinking about so many other things besides what your cornerman is doing with his hands. You're thinking about that weakness your opponent showed when he threw that punch, or about what comes next in the gameplan. Or a million other things. Never this kind of thing. Even if you did plan this I doubt you'd be thinking about it. It would be the kind of thing you discuss before the fight and not during.

So call people BJ nut huggers all you want or call it an excuse all you want. I'm with you when you say GSP worked him. However, after considering the evidence from an unbiased standpoint I can't say that this isn't a big deal and I can't say that at least SOMEBODY didn't know what they were doing.

Your evidences look to me like a guy who apply pressure on specific points more than anything else.
But i do like you anyways !!

Last edited 2/1/09 5:55PM server time by tuvok500
3 total post edits

Post #49   2/1/09 5:12:55PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
i dont think a little bit of vasoline that was spread that much would do a whole lot, certainly not much more than sweat would. the cornerman is also pushing on GSP's chest. maybe he was checking on a chest injury or something. people are always looking for controversy where there may not be one. i think BJ is just trying to save face.
much lost respect

Post #50   2/1/09 5:18:01PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I was waiting for a BJ nuthugger to find an excuse for BJ losing. You don't have to ask the question bro, BJ was killed and not because of vaseline...... GEEZ people! BJ is a great LW, but doesn't touch GSP as a fight. Lost to him once and now again, and this time was smoked...Stop holding his nuts so tight!

I have to first laugh...then respond.

Calling someone a nuthugger is ignorant and rude first off. Second I am far from a huge BJ Penn fan. If you would have read my whole post you would have seen that I said it wouldn't have made a difference....and basically put BJ down for complaining.
Next...I can ask any question I want BRO to whomever I want.
You keep talking about nuts....you like them or something?
BY THE WAY i AM MORE OF A GSP FAN THAN I AM A BJ PENN FAN.
Next time you open your mouth...think a little first.

GROW UP.

LOL!

You sure do take things personally bro.....

Also, calling me rude and telling me to grow up while telling me that I like "nuts" means to me that you need to eat your own words there bro....

Have a nice day....

Last edited 2/1/09 7:53PM server time by StevieC

Post #51   2/1/09 7:51:24PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Posted by Sir_Karl

I was waiting for a BJ nuthugger to find an excuse for BJ losing. You don't have to ask the question bro, BJ was killed and not because of vaseline...... GEEZ people! BJ is a great LW, but doesn't touch GSP as a fight. Lost to him once and now again, and this time was smoked...Stop holding his nuts so tight!

I have to first laugh...then respond.

Calling someone a nuthugger is ignorant and rude first off. Second I am far from a huge BJ Penn fan. If you would have read my whole post you would have seen that I said it wouldn't have made a difference....and basically put BJ down for complaining.
Next...I can ask any question I want BRO to whomever I want.
You keep talking about nuts....you like them or something?
BY THE WAY i AM MORE OF A GSP FAN THAN I AM A BJ PENN FAN.
Next time you open your mouth...think a little first.

GROW UP.

LOL!

You sure do take things personally bro.....

Also, calling me rude and telling me to grow up while telling me that I like "nuts" means to me that you need to eat your own words there bro....

Have a nice day....

Karo? Karo Parisyan is that you?!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Last edited 2/1/09 7:57PM server time by Aether

Post #52   2/1/09 7:56:09PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

AND

In the second one it looks like he is doing some kind of pressure point thing. You can see he is pushing on his chest at the same time his hand goes back.

Post #53   2/1/09 10:23:38PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

AND

In the second one it looks like he is doing some kind of pressure point thing. You can see he is pushing on his chest at the same time his hand goes back.

that just looks to me like a way to rub lubricant on the fighter while making it look like you are doing something else....

Last edited 2/1/09 10:27PM server time by maxone

Post #54   2/1/09 10:26:35PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I would be curious what the response would be to this scenerio.

GSP is fighting Alves and taking him down at will. In between rounds, Alves' cornerman accidentally rubs vaseline on Alves' legs. Not one round, but two. Don't worry though, the commission took two seconds, as Alves walks away, to rub his legs lightly with a towel.

Post #55   2/1/09 11:02:50PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

GSP is fighting Alves and taking him down at will. In between rounds, Alves' cornerman accidentally rubs vaseline on Alves' legs. Not one round, but two. Don't worry though, the commission took two seconds, as Alves walks away, to rub his legs lightly with a towel.

Oh please dude, that is ridiculous. You know GSP would have put Alves away in the first.

Post #56   2/1/09 11:46:22PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nastshabast

Posted by roadking95th

Oh please dude, that is ridiculous. You know GSP would have put Alves away in the first.

great response !!

Post #57   2/2/09 12:02:33AM   

math2tor

Learning to Sprawl

Career:5-5
Chips:
They never filed a protest. GSP's trainer explained it.

http://www.cageplay.com/blog/2009/02/02/greg-jackson-addresses-gsp-vaseline-allegations/

Post #58   2/2/09 2:11:46AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
If GSP was found guilty it would be declared a NC with a suspesion and fine I would suspect.

Post #59   2/2/09 2:25:31AM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

AND

that just looks to me like a way to rub lubricant on the fighter while making it look like you are doing something else....

No it is pressure points. If you look GSP does the same thing to himself every fight just before the first round starts.

Post #60   2/2/09 8:04:59AM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5