Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BJ Penn's Camp Files Complaint With NSAC

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,806-1,051
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
During Saturday’s UFC 94 main event that featured UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre defending his title against UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer could be seen entering the cage between rounds.

Kizer approached the corner for St. Pierre and the two parties exchanged words. At the time, the nature of the conversation was unclear but the blog CagePotato.com is now reporting that Penn’s camp has filed a formal complaint with NSAC.

According to Cage Potato, Penn’s camp has accused one of St. Pierre’s cornermen of applying Vaseline to St. Pierre’s back between rounds. It’s an accusation that was supported by UFC President Dana White during the event’s post-fight press conference.

LINK

Last edited 2/1/09 9:44AM server time by MMAcca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/1/09 9:43:12AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I thought this was all sorted?! Didn't they accidently wipe some on the top of his shoulders and wipe it off with a towel and have it checked by a official before the round was started again.
I think BJ's just grasping at straws trying to make his one sided loss look a little more respectable after all the sh*t he was talking again.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   2/1/09 9:46:46AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Well if it was between round one and two that is when GSP started to dominate. Not saying it would have changed the fight but you never know.

Post #3   2/1/09 9:58:25AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Dude, if that's true and the cornerman gets in trouble but GSP gets something minor I'll be pissed, that's the same as roids in my book regardless of whether the outcome would've been different.

That would just go to show that a winning cheater is much less a cheater than a losing cheater, bull. If GSP gets off for being the promotional goldenboy then there should be some hell raised.

Post #4   2/1/09 9:59:45AM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
Ok, I know BJ fans are looking for the smallest of excuses but please. The vasline was wiped off just as the cornorman put it on. Gsp had nothing to do with it either. Bj still would have lost as his face was crushed by elbows and punches.

Go ahead BJ. Rule it a NC. GSP will surely kick your ass and his nut hugging fans again. As you can obviously see im enjoying the moment of being 100% on Machida and GSP.

Post #5   2/1/09 10:04:28AM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Dude, if that's true and the cornerman gets in trouble but GSP gets something minor I'll be pissed, that's the same as roids in my book regardless of whether the outcome would've been different.

That would just go to show that a winning cheater is much less a cheater than a losing cheater, bull. If GSP gets off for being the promotional goldenboy then there should be some hell raised.

How is it the same as using steroids?!
It was a tiny amount of vasaline left over from wiping it on his face and they had already started wiping it off as the official jumped up. They apologized and the vasaline was kicked out the cage! Other than the tiny amount which was wiped off with a towel GSP still dominated round 2 had the minute rest vasaline free, dominated round 3 had the minute rest vasaline free again an then dominated all of round 4 vasaline free once again!
Saying a man is as bad as a cheat as someone who used steroids because one of his cornermen accidently wiped a little vasaline on the top of his shoulders is a joke!
GSP has never been accused of cheating before and I seriously doubt he ever will again. Promotional golden boy or not he is still a brutally honest fighter an saying its the same as him using steroids is a joke! I hope you realize what you're saying in your post!

Last edited 2/1/09 10:12AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   2/1/09 10:11:29AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by seanfu

It was a tiny amount of vasaline left over from wiping it on his face and they had already started wiping it off as the official jumped up. They apologized and the vasaline was kicked out the cage! Other than the tiny amount which was wiped off with a towel GSP still dominated round 2 had the minute rest vasaline free, dominated round 3 had the minute rest vasaline free again an then dominated all of round 4 vasaline free once again!
Saying a man is as bad as a cheat as someone who used steroids because one of his cornermen accidently wiped a little vasaline on the top of his shoulders is a joke!
GSP has never been accused of cheating before and I seriously doubt he ever will again. Promotional golden boy or not he is still a brutally honest fighter an saying its the same as him using steroids is a joke! I hope you realize what you're saying in your post!

If it's like explained, not the small amount on the shoulders. If it was the entire back then that's a big deal, if not, then it's not.

Post #7   2/1/09 10:14:37AM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by SmileR

Posted by seanfu

If it's like explained, not the small amount on the shoulders. If it was the entire back then that's a big deal, if not, then it's not.

According to the radio it was left over from the face an no extra vasaline was taken out. Also I don't see how its GSP's fault if one of his cornermen rubs vasaline into his back. He can't see it and I doubt he would have stood there an knowing cheated!

Saying he is as bad as someone who used steroids is out of order especially when saying it about a man who has never done anything even close to cheating in his whole career.

If it turns out it was part of the game plan then thats fair enough and GSP and the whole of his team should be punished but according to what I heard it was unintentional and was wiped off to a standard where the commission where happy to let the fight continue. I really don't see how it is a issue if the commission were in the cage and checked it out before the fight continued.

Post #8   2/1/09 10:26:32AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Who cares....Penn got killed and it was beautiful!!!

Post #9   2/1/09 11:05:25AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
What a joke, BJ got completely destroyed, he didn.t fall short on point because of multiple failed sub dud to Vaseline !!

He didn't even know where he was after rd 3, hesitating between just being hit by a truck or literally in hell !!

Post #10   2/1/09 11:07:02AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,200-1,501
Chips:
First off Vaseline isn't going to just "go away". It is petroleum based...you need alcohol and/or soap to "cut it". If GSP had a glob on his back you can bet his back was extra slippery the whole entire fight.
If GSP has a good amount on his back...then BJ eventually got it all over his hands....making it even harder to grab.
I don't think the outcome would have been much different...you have to ask though...if BJ could have gotten away from GSP's Greco/Roman holds much easier...would he have tired out so soon? GSP's wrestling is what tired BJ out.
He was either pressed into the cage or trapped on his back.
If there was a substantial amount on GSP...maybe a NC is in order.
I like BJ...but I just think he is grasping for a NC. BJ hates to lose. It eats him up.
As for the steroid comparison....they both are a "no no" that can help you win...thus they are comparable.

Post #11   2/1/09 11:19:39AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

First off Vaseline isn't going to just "go away". It is petroleum based...you need alcohol and/or soap to "cut it". If GSP had a glob on his back you can bet his back was extra slippery the whole entire fight.
If GSP has a good amount on his back...then BJ eventually got it all over his hands....making it even harder to grab.
I don't think the outcome would have been much different...you have to ask though...if BJ could have gotten away from GSP's Greco/Roman holds much easier...would he have tired out so soon? GSP's wrestling is what tired BJ out.
He was either pressed into the cage or trapped on his back.
If there was a substantial amount on GSP...maybe a NC is in order.
I like BJ...but I just think he is grasping for a NC. BJ hates to lose. It eats him up.
As for the steroid comparison....they both are a "no no" that can help you win...thus they are comparable.

I was waiting for a BJ nuthugger to find an excuse for BJ losing.

You don't have to ask the question bro, BJ was killed and not because of vaseline......

GEEZ people! BJ is a great LW, but doesn't touch GSP as a fight. Lost to him once and now again, and this time was smoked...Stop holding his nuts so tight!

Post #12   2/1/09 11:26:33AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
to those of you who dont fight and do not understand how huge of a deal this is its huge!.

This has possible complications here is how. GSP dominated with GNP mainly because BJ could not control his posture after the 2nd round i believe. Even if the vas was wiped off you cant get it all and it goes into the skin/pores quickly espically on a sweaty body.

BJ could not work submissions, he couldnt control GSP because of how easly he slipped off, also GSP was able to just pass very easly that also plays a major role in this, shoulders, and back being vassed up make it very easy for the fighter on top to pass, it makes the fighter on bottom have very little to control with, in order to properly control someone on the ground you need underhooks with the arms, and leg control.

IF this turns out to be true/problem we could see 4-8month suspensions for GSP and his cornermen.

No excusses im a huge fan of BJ and of GSP BJ got destroyed wasnt even close.....but that could have played a role if true and a bigger role then all you think do me a favor go run for 10 min, get sweaty rub vas on wipe it off and grapple with someone you will see.

Post #13   2/1/09 11:27:15AM   

aaa9erh8er

Belt Contender

aaa9erh8er Avatar

Career:330-217
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
but what about the vasolins penn touched last year there for gsp couldnt touch him there for penns the cheater.

that makes about as much sence as the rest of this. i mean come one the man won fair and square period, get over it

Post #14   2/1/09 11:30:42AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
This is just crazy and pathetic! It was a little left over from his face that they wiped on a shoulder. It was imediately wiped off the shoulder. In my eyes no bid deal. It wasn't like it was all over his back or something.

Post #15   2/1/09 11:38:42AM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>