Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Sanchez Tests Positive For The Sweet Ganja

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

It actually saddens me. If he wants to get high , that's his business, and as long as he keeps it to himself he won't have any problems. This is not a weed right/wrong issue to me. It's a intelligence/ hypocrisy one. Still, I would think a guy so supposedly dedicated to his career, wouldn't make this kind of mistake , knowing how it would cost him. Suspensions, possible sponsorships, maybe even delaying a title shot. If he know's he could be tested( and that it's a violation of the rules) , and still does it knowing the possible damage to his career, it doesn't make him look very bright. He claims a be catholic, but has all this eastern mysticism stuff around him, which is in direct comflict with catholocism. I guess the thing that bother's me more than anything is I just don't like hypocrisy. Definately not his most shining moment.

Except for the religous part that I really know nothing about I agree with you 100%. He let me down big time. I've always seen him as one of the most dedicated and driven fighters in the sport. This just messed it all up.

Post #16   3/22/07 10:07:50PM   

MonkeyPus

Learning to Sprawl

MonkeyPus Avatar

Career:688-428
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I didn't like Diego until this. I guess everyone loves weed, hell even my TURTLE loves weed!

Post #17   3/22/07 10:53:50PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I don't think that the pot helped him get the win. It sucks that it's illegal, but he broke the rules. Off with his head!

Last edited 3/24/07 12:16AM server time by mrsumo
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #18   3/24/07 12:08:15AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by deadcore

wow big surprise that mexicans smoke pot.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #19   3/24/07 12:25:51AM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Pot is less of a hindrance than alcohol, yet nobody has a problem with fighters drinking. Anyone who says they lost respect for Sanchez over this is just being stupid. Pot stays in your system for a long time, you can test positive without having smoked it recently and not be affected by it at all.

Post #20   3/24/07 12:49:52AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by migo

Pot is less of a hindrance than alcohol, yet nobody has a problem with fighters drinking. Anyone who says they lost respect for Sanchez over this is just being stupid. Pot stays in your system for a long time, you can test positive without having smoked it recently and not be affected by it at all.

Ross Ribliati is it? that snowboarder who was at a party where there was people smoking pot got his medal taken away because of trace amounts in his bloodstream. Maybe its the same case for Diego

Post #21   3/24/07 12:52:11AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by MonkeyPus

I didn't like Diego until this. I guess everyone loves weed, hell even my TURTLE loves weed!

No offense, but I will never understand why there is so much pride in smoking. I see it all the time (though I do live in Burlington VT! haha). I don't have a problem with it, I just think its funny because I see it all the time with people who are regular smokers.

Post #22   3/24/07 1:08:25AM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
what a dumb ass...

Post #23   3/24/07 5:29:40PM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by migo

Ross Ribliati is it? that snowboarder who was at a party where there was people smoking pot got his medal taken away because of trace amounts in his bloodstream. Maybe its the same case for Diego

Ross Rebgliati - he got his medal back since it wasn't performance enhancing.

Post #24   3/24/07 5:46:59PM   

MonkeyPus

Learning to Sprawl

MonkeyPus Avatar

Career:688-428
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by MonkeyPus

No offense, but I will never understand why there is so much pride in smoking. I see it all the time (though I do live in Burlington VT! haha). I don't have a problem with it, I just think its funny because I see it all the time with people who are regular smokers.

None tokin' ... I mean takin'. I'm from Vansterdam (Vancouver, BC) where everyone tokes. It's part of our culture. We have the best pot in the world. Maybe you just haven't smoke the primo. I've only smoked hay in the US. What's the burlington VT reference?

Post #25   3/24/07 6:17:37PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
thats actually a terrible punishment. $500? Thats nothing to him (or anyone really). And 3 months? How does that hurt him? At his level he wont compete until after 3 months anyways.
So in reality he got $500 for testing positive. Shame on the world. If your gonna make things illegal at least make the punishment something that will deter people.

Posted by MonkeyPus

Posted by warglory

Posted by MonkeyPus

None tokin' ... I mean takin'. I'm from Vansterdam (Vancouver, BC) where everyone tokes. It's part of our culture. We have the best pot in the world. Maybe you just haven't smoke the primo. I've only smoked hay in the US. What's the burlington VT reference?

There is a burlington in Newfoundland and a bigger one in Ontario.

Last edited 3/24/07 8:27PM server time by madmarck
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   3/24/07 8:26:35PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by MonkeyPus

Posted by warglory

Posted by MonkeyPus

Burlington is the east coast capital. Though for what you're used to you should try Mendocino county... shhhh

Post #27   3/24/07 9:30:01PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

I don't like Sanchez to begin with so this is quite hilarious to me.

And this coming from a cincy bengals fan....hilarious is when players on your team is arrested for DUI and other things...what you have like 9 dudes arrested in 9 months???.I dont like the Bengals to begin with so that is really funny to me..also funny that Joey Porter punched Levi Jones....good to see hes still a STEELER

Post #28   3/25/07 8:28:39PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by migo

Yeah, I bet he was "just at a party" and not cheefin'. AND he's a snowboarder? Come on, of course he was blazing down.

Post #29   3/25/07 10:37:57PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by migo

Yeah, I bet he was "just at a party" and not cheefin'. AND he's a snowboarder? Come on, of course he was blazing down.

I wasnt defending him, that was his story. He probably was sucking down the ganja

Post #30   3/25/07 10:39:32PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3