Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Penn: ''GSP Will Tap'' (Video)

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
LINK

Post #1   1/31/09 7:34:38PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
his leg will twitch like lindland.. if thats a tap

Post #2   1/31/09 7:35:49PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Correct, GSP's leg will twitch.... Just when he begins the Irish Jig after his hand is raised

Post #3   1/31/09 7:50:18PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by EvenFlow

Correct, GSP's leg will twitch.... Just when he begins the Irish Jig after his hand is raised

not even close to what i meant.....................lol

Post #4   1/31/09 7:57:28PM   

Metafour

MMA Regular

Metafour Avatar

Career:798-433
Chips:
Too bad BJ gave up :)

Post #5   2/1/09 2:50:53AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Metafour

Wow I'm sure this is going to go on for a long time. A doctor advised his corner to stop the fight, from what I saw BJ layed on the ground eating elbows and punches to his head for 15 solid minutes and never once did he stop fighting back and defending himself.

This has nothing to do with me liking BJ either, I defend every fighter equally as much, I hate it when people sitting at home behind their computer screens talk about world class fighters being quitters or being afraid. It's insulting, it denegrades their heart and spirit, and it's insanely hypocritical. I doubt there is one person on these boards who would take a beating like BJ just took and not be dead, unconscious, or tapping as fast as they possibly could within the first 3 minutes.

Not once did BJ tap, stop defending, or stop fighting. He took his beating and stood up and walked to his corner like a true fighter. If a doctor says the fight needs to be stopped, or even if your corner throws in the towel on your behalf this is in no way the same thing as a fighter quitting.

BJ got his ass beat... badly, but at no point did he quit. Let's avoid all of the nonsense fighter bashing please, it's the only thing I really can't stand. I would be defending GSP the same way if he got subbed and everyone were talking the same **** about him.

Post #6   2/1/09 5:19:55AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
What's that word? oh yeah, I-RON-Y!

Post #7   2/1/09 8:01:40AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Metafour

Wow I'm sure this is going to go on for a long time. A doctor advised his corner to stop the fight, from what I saw BJ layed on the ground eating elbows and punches to his head for 15 solid minutes and never once did he stop fighting back and defending himself.

This has nothing to do with me liking BJ either, I defend every fighter equally as much, I hate it when people sitting at home behind their computer screens talk about world class fighters being quitters or being afraid. It's insulting, it denegrades their heart and spirit, and it's insanely hypocritical. I doubt there is one person on these boards who would take a beating like BJ just took and not be dead, unconscious, or tapping as fast as they possibly could within the first 3 minutes.

Not once did BJ tap, stop defending, or stop fighting. He took his beating and stood up and walked to his corner like a true fighter. If a doctor says the fight needs to be stopped, or even if your corner throws in the towel on your behalf this is in no way the same thing as a fighter quitting.

BJ got his ass beat... badly, but at no point did he quit. Let's avoid all of the nonsense fighter bashing please, it's the only thing I really can't stand. I would be defending GSP the same way if he got subbed and everyone were talking the same **** about him.

I was watching the fight at a bar with no volume and i wont have a chance to rewatch the fight until later so clue me in if i'm mistaken on any of my points. The doctor came in between the 4th and 5th rounds to penns corner and after looking at him "suggested" to his corner that they throw in the towel.. meaning that had penn wanted to continue, then he could've. I'm not sure if it was penn's corner who made the decision, but I thought it was penn who made the decision to not continue. For me, this is tapping out between rounds. Gsp had penn damaged, disoriented, demoralized, and doubting that he had any chance of winning that fight... every characteristic of a fighter the moment before he taps out. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong wtih throwing in the towel after you've just suffered 3 10-8 rounds and are looking at a 5th round that'll wont be any different..... but this is karma for penn talking all his ****.... if you're a little bitch for tapping from strikes, then what are you for quitting between rounds?

penn will still be third on my p4p rankings behind fedor and gsp... and will still rule the lw division... but damn this fight has put penn in a poor light for me... and his team filing a complaint with the nsac? come on now...

Post #8   2/1/09 11:16:40AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't think your corner throwing in the towel at the doctor's advice is the same as quitting. Yeah GSP beat him, demoralized him, disoriented him, but he was still fighting back. I just think it's borderline fighter bashing to call a guy a quitter or imply that he's a little bitch. Penn ate his crow and if GSP wants to talk **** he has every right to do so, I'm sure that he won't because he's a classy guy, but I don't think posters here have the right to bash fighters.

I get that he talked all kinds of **** and he deserved his beating, but a big part of that is hyping up the fight and playing mind games. If people want to make fun of him there are better ways to do it. No one can definitively say he quit, so to imply that he's a ***** or accuse him of being a quitter is unwarranted IMO.

Post #9   2/1/09 3:41:26PM