Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Penn says his future is all about big fights

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
With fights down the road against top contenders like Kenny Florian and Thiago Alves, Penn insists it's not about titles necessarily, but finding the right opponents, and he knows UFC president Dana White will do anything to make the super fights happen.

"It's really about the particular match-up," answered Penn when asked if it's about weight class or just fighting the best regardless of weight. "People like to watch good fights, everybody wants to see the best guys compete. In boxing, like Dana says, a million times it never got to happen.

"No matter what you say about Dana, or anybody says about him, he really does try to put the two best guys together and he has proven it time and time again. If he could get Fedor to fight one of his guys, within whatever his ideas are someone under their contract, he would try to put the best fight together that he could."

It's also been brought up numerous times that if Penn is able to defeat St. Pierre, fans around the world could ask for a match-up pitting him against who many regard as the pound-for-pound king, Anderson Silva. White continuously insists that the fight between Penn and Silva would not happen, and the current lightweight champion says it may be harder to make happen than what some people think.

"Honestly, 185's not even on my mind right now. And it's like the more you talk to Anderson Silva, the more he's such a nice guy, the more you don't want to fight him. He is just the nicest person," stated Penn.

Link

Last edited 1/30/09 10:43AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   1/30/09 10:42:38AM   

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:
Honestly, 185's not even on my mind right now. And it's like the more you talk to Anderson Silva, the more he's such a nice guy, the more you don't want to fight him. He is just the nicest person," stated Penn.

thats probably bc he doesn't want to lose to the spider! lol but all his fights should be huge unless he suddenly sucks and loses all skill and atheletism.

Post #2   1/30/09 1:13:40PM   

Natedogg42

MMA Regular

Natedogg42 Avatar

Career:235-99
Camp: Drunkin' Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

"Honestly, 185's not even on my mind right now. And it's like the more you talk to Anderson Silva, the more he's such a nice guy, the more you don't want to fight him. He is just the nicest person," stated Penn.

Link

Post #3   1/30/09 2:56:30PM   

Natedogg42

MMA Regular

Natedogg42 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Link

Yeah, GSP is such a dick...

Post #4   1/30/09 2:59:12PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Big fights in the lightweight division........

Post #5   1/30/09 4:18:22PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,155-1,264
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
How many big fights can they make after he gets destroyed by GSP and beat by Ken Flo. I cant wait to see all the BJ fans on this site eat thier words tonight.

WAR GSP!!!

Post #6   1/31/09 11:40:51AM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
Well he has been talking a lot of smack on this fight....And i never heard BJ back out of a fight with anyone. He must be scared of spider....

Post #7   1/31/09 12:56:36PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Natedogg42

Posted by SmileR

Link

You said it not me

Tonight the Canadian blood gets licked off of the Hawaiian gloves, I can't wait

(and why is it all right if I mention he's Canadian but not if I mention he's french?)

Post #8   1/31/09 2:55:49PM   

Natedogg42

MMA Regular

Natedogg42 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Natedogg42

Posted by SmileR

Link

You said it not me

Tonight the Canadian blood gets licked off of the Hawaiian gloves, I can't wait

(and why is it all right if I mention he's Canadian but not if I mention he's french?)

You realize I was being sarcastic, right?

Post #9   2/3/09 6:49:49PM