Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is Crocop Going to Walk Through UFC?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
The majority of fans seem to believe CC is going to walk through all of the UFC HW's with relative ease. Does everyone here agree with this or who do you think stands the most chance of defeating him? I think Arlovski has a big chance of taking him out. I think he has heavier hands than CC but he hasnt responded well to big leg kicks. i think theres a slight advantage to CC but not a lot. Also i think sylvia would have a slight chance. i think he is a mediocre fighter but he still has heavy hands and incredible reach. or maybe even moson? it could be another CC/Minotauro... i know monson doesnt have the chin of nogueira but if he took him down he might still get an armbar on CC.

AA vs CC 45/55% chance
Sylvia vs CC 20/80% chance
monson vs CC 5/95% chance of winning

Post #1   3/22/07 1:42:13AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Monson is no longer in the UFC. Randy, AA, Werdum , and Sylvia could all beat him on any given day. However, I think Cro-cop is a strong favorite aginst all of them. AA is the only heavy that I think has faster hands, so I really want to see that fight.

Last edited 3/22/07 1:52AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   3/22/07 1:51:40AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Monson is no longer in the UFC. Randy, AA, Werdum , and Sylvia could all beat him on any given day. However, I think Cro-cop is a strong favorite aginst all of them. AA is the only heavy that I think has faster hands, so I really want to see that fight.

i disagree. the person with the biggest chance is couture IMO. AA has too weak of a chin and seems unmotivated, werdum needs to improve his striking, and cc knows his moves since he trained with him, and sylvia doesnt have the skill.

Post #3   3/22/07 2:18:17AM   

poll77

MMA Regular

poll77 Avatar

Career:29-23
Camp: Team Havoc
Chips:
aa/cc more like 25/75

Post #4   3/22/07 3:02:10AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by hippysmacker

i disagree. the person with the biggest chance is couture IMO. AA has too weak of a chin and seems unmotivated, werdum needs to improve his striking, and cc knows his moves since he trained with him, and sylvia doesnt have the skill.

While i would love Randy to beat him, I don't hink he has the best chance of any of those I listed. I didn't say AA had the best chance either. I said he has faster hands and I would like to see that fight. I actually think Werdum has the best chance by virtue of training with him for a couple years. Know your enemy is the first rule of war, as Sung Tzu would say

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   3/22/07 4:07:10AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

The majority of fans seem to believe CC is going to walk through all of the UFC HW's with relative ease. Does everyone here agree with this or who do you think stands the most chance of defeating him? I think Arlovski has a big chance of taking him out. I think he has heavier hands than CC but he hasnt responded well to big leg kicks. i think theres a slight advantage to CC but not a lot. Also i think sylvia would have a slight chance. i think he is a mediocre fighter but he still has heavy hands and incredible reach. or maybe even moson? it could be another CC/Minotauro... i know monson doesnt have the chin of nogueira but if he took him down he might still get an armbar on CC.

AA vs CC 45/55% chance
Sylvia vs CC 20/80% chance
monson vs CC 5/95% chance of winning

i agree with that

couldnt of said it any better

Post #6   3/22/07 4:27:18AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:
I think 5% for Monson is about 4% too kind. If Big Tim was hitting him at will, what would someone like CC do to his noggin? We'll see where he stands when he fights Fujita and then I'll decide if I'm being too critical of him.

As of right now, I think AA has the best chance against CC, followed by Randy, followed by Big Tim, followed by Herring (provided he comes back at 100%), followed by the rest of the HW peanut gallery.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #7   3/22/07 5:06:05AM   

Mr_Evans

Learning to Sprawl

Career:159-87
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Remember... Styles Make Fights.

vs. Andrei Arlovski
It is my belief that Andrei would not have enough sense to do anything other than want to stand with CroCop. With that said, CroCop is an intuitive counter-puncher with a devastating arsenal of striking methods. With CroCop's recent run through the OWGP, he is even now more dangerous before because of the mental edge. Lets remove the notion of the "he has a puncher's chance" arguement for Andrei. Andrei and CroCop are both physically gifted, but in the realm of striking, CroCop wins hands down. Andrei's style suits CroCop perfectly making it a kickboxing match and sorry to say folks but Andrei is no Ernesto Hoost.

vs. Tim Sylvia
Remember, styles make fights, right? So we wouldnt expect CroCop to put on a wonderful display of bob-and-weave, shoot-and-punch tactics like Randy Couture. On the flipside, we also wont expect Tim or even CroCop to shoot in for a single or double-leg. Once more, as with the Andrei scenario, we have another kickboxing match. Unlike the Andrei scenario, Tim is gifted with a superior reach, superior height and weight advnatge. But once more on the flipside, he is decidedly slower in the execution of his strikes. Couple that with the fact his height works against him in giving CroCop more room for error in kicking at his legs, and we will eventually see the proverbial redwood known as Tim Sylvia, go timber.

vs. Jeff Monson
I actually see Jeff doing quite well in this scenario. Lets assume for a moment that Jeff did get CroCop down. With Monson's massive size and the cage, he could possibly pull an upset getting top control, though doing little with it, via decision... in a 3 round war. If it were championship rounds, the fatigued Monson would eventually succumb to the deadly strikes of CroCop. As for the CC-Nog comparison, Jeff Monson hardly submits people, he's a freestyle wrestler through and through and will win via points if at all. CroCop has a ridiculous guard as we saw in his match with Fedor. Only way monson wins is by points (top control, takedowns...).

With all that said, 2 of the 3 aforementioned are highly regarded fighters and CroCop wont be running through anybody. These match-ups will be excellent to see any way you slice it.

Last edited 3/22/07 5:35AM server time by Mr_Evans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/22/07 5:32:48AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Walk through... No
Dominate..Yes

Working with Werdum has improved his ground game a lot. I think he'll hold the UFC belt longer than Hughes. (Unless Fedor comes over)

Post #9   3/22/07 6:10:48AM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
I think he'l make it to the belt, but i cant see him holding it for much longer that 3 fights. All of the heavies in this thread could beat him and it wouldnt, imo be as big an upset as randy beating tim. Im not putting him down in any way, and i do think hes the best hw in the ufc, just not by the margin that liddell is in the lhw division, or hughes was in the ww division before st peirre came along.

Post #10   3/22/07 8:09:16AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

AA vs CC 45/55% chance

Im a huge AA fan, but thats not right

CC 75/ AA 25
CC60/ Randy 40
CC 60/ Werdum 40
CC80 / Sylvia 20
CC 70/ Gonzaga 30

Post #11   3/22/07 8:38:50AM   

Fumar-Fortiuse

Learning to Sprawl

Fumar-Fortiuse Avatar

Career:18-15
Chips:
I would agree that Cro Cop has the better chance to beat most of the heavyweights in the UFC right now, but think about how great it would be if Randy Couture beat him. The Natural is my all time favorite fighter and he has won more championships in the UFC then any other fighter in the history of the UFC. I would love to see Couture surprise us all again and take out the worlds number 2 heavyweight. I think that would shut some people up but like I said Cro Cop has the better chance of winning but that didn't stop Randy in his last fight when most thought he couldn't beat the worst heavyweight champion Tim " I love to win on the score cards" Sylvia.

Post #12   3/22/07 10:31:12AM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
Pretty much.

Post #13   3/22/07 11:09:30AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
Randy has the best chance of winning. He always does his homework coming into a fight and will most likely circle away from Cro-Cops left roundhouse kick and close the distance using his improved boxing skills, and then go for the takedown using the cage.

Arlovskis chin is suspect but he has a punchers chance. Unfortunatly i cant see him taking Cro-Cops leg kicks for long!

Slyvia has a long reach but will be too slow for Cro Cop. He will be chopped down like a tree!

Werdum like Randy has a great chance! Hes trained with Cro-Cop and will go in their knowing his weaknesses. He will try to use that to get the fight to the ground and finish him by submission!

Post #14   3/22/07 11:21:00AM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
Randy has the best style on paper of any Hw in the UFC to battle Cro Cop. His main problem is he would be hard pressed to stop Cro; thus, giveing Mirko way to many chances at kicking his head off. I would give Randy the best chance of anyone currently in the UFC of defeating the fearerd striker, but at best that chance would 30/70.

I will probably get slack for this, but after Randy the only 2 guys I see haveing more than a punchers chance are two bottom tier UFC HWs. Cheick Kongo and Athony Hardonk are both highly tuned kicked boxers. They both have technical, and powerfull striking. Cro Cop is much like chuck. He is at a disadvantage if it hits the ground. but there is little fear that the fight will hit the ground making a better striker being the worst match up for him. I would give Kongo and Hardonk about 15/85 chance of out striking Mirko.

Out side of that the only chance Mirko has of being defeated is a lucky punch or Fedro/Nog comming to the UFC.

Post #15   3/22/07 11:49:46AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3