Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

White is tired of chasing Fedor

Page 1 of 2     1     2  
White is tired of chasing Fedor
Posted By Message

MMAcca
Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career record: 1608-945
Season: 36-29 (#840)
Bankroll: $400 (#1627)
8088 posts
Joined 4/07
You'd think knockout victories over two former UFC heavyweight champs, would have UFC president Dana White salivating over Fedor Emelianenko. That's not the case according to White who says that he didn't even watch the Affliction 2 fight card and still hasn't seen the Fedor-Andrei Arlovski fight. Even though close to 9,000 paid to get into the Honda Center and the card did a gate of over $1.5 million, White doesn't care:

"If Fedor doesn't care than neither do I. If he wants to come over and fight the best in the world then that's cool with me. At the end of the day, if Fedor wants to fight here I'm here, if he doesn't I don't care."

LINK + VIDEO

Post #1   1/29/09 1:54:12PM   

Muay-Thai_Mogwai
MMA Regular

Muay-Thai_Mogwai Avatar
Career record: 1289-826
Season: 20-16 (#1258)
Bankroll: $1,740 (#966)
65 posts
Joined 6/07
Dana's to busy swinging on Brock nads .

Last edited 1/29/09 2:09PM by Muay-Thai_Mogwai
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   1/29/09 2:07:49PM   

#5 - All Time Pick%

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career record: 2416-1256
Season: 43-22 (#387)
Bankroll: $6,331 (#44)
5058 posts
Joined 9/07

Posted by Muay-Thai_Mogwai

Dana to busy swinging on Brock's nut sack .

I smell a warning

#5 - All Time Pick% - Suck it Bythar!

Post #3   1/29/09 2:08:48PM   

nastshabast
Banned

Career record: 337-191
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
636 posts
Joined 5/07
wow, you should change the title of this to Dana calls CBC scumbags. It's a big deal in Canada for sure. I could tell there was shady editing in that story.

Post #4   1/29/09 2:09:52PM   

MattHughesRules
MMA Regular

MattHughesRules Avatar
Career record: 710-388
133 posts
Joined 1/07
I find that to be just hilarious. He certainly has changed his tune though. He has gone from calling Fedor a complete bum who is not a top HW in the world to being bitter that he won't fight under a UFC contract.....or that's how he sounds. In the end Dana not trying to work with Fedor is bad for the sport. There are good fights to be had in the cage that would benefit both Fedor and the UFC tremendously. Fighters like Fedor don't come along everyday. In the end if White looks back and Fedor has never stepped foot in the cage I think he will look kind of foolish. It seems rediculous that the best mma organization and the sports top HW would never do business. I am sure a contract compromise could be met to make both parties happy if White would work at it. I am a huge UFC fan and I DO care about seeing Fedor in the UFC...I want it badly!

Post #5   1/29/09 2:14:06PM   

Twenty20Dollars
Heavyweight Champ

Career record: 1572-1001
12772 posts
Joined 6/07
I could care less if fedor comes to the ufc, because theres just too much bull crap around this issue.

Theres other good fights I can look forward too, instead.

Post #6   1/29/09 2:26:05PM   

mentalcase
MMA Sensei

mentalcase Avatar

Career record: 1386-715
Season: 33-19 (#829)
Bankroll: $5,708 (#50)
1420 posts
Joined 1/08

Posted by MattHughesRules

I find that to be just hilarious. He certainly has changed his tune though. He has gone from calling Fedor a complete bum who is not a top HW in the world to being bitter that he won't fight under a UFC contract.....or that's how he sounds. In the end Dana not trying to work with Fedor is bad for the sport. There are good fights to be had in the cage that would benefit both Fedor and the UFC tremendously. Fighters like Fedor don't come along everyday. In the end if White looks back and Fedor has never stepped foot in the cage I think he will look kind of foolish. It seems rediculous that the best mma organization and the sports top HW would never do business. I am sure a contract compromise could be met to make both parties happy if White would work at it. I am a huge UFC fan and I DO care about seeing Fedor in the UFC...I want it badly!

Dana white and zuffa have done alot of good for mma if fedor doesn't want to join the ufc its not Dana's fault, there a method to Dana's madness and u seem to have taken what Dana and the lorenzo brothers have done with the ufc for granted if it wasn't for them the ufc may have died back in 2000.

when they purchased ufc in 2001 they were losing millions people said they were crazy now look at ufc and the explosion on mma in the US.

i don't think u have any idea how hard it was for Dana to turn the ufc into what it is today and at the end of the day he will look anything but foolish no matter what happens with fedor

Post #7   1/29/09 2:47:53PM   

postman
Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career record: 743-418
6112 posts
Joined 6/07

Posted by Muay-Thai_Mogwai

Dana's to busy swinging on Brock nads .

Dana Makes money and Brock is going to bring in more then Fedor. By beating Randy he proved he is a legit fighter I see nothing wrong with Dana pulling in more fans with a legit guy. Fedor has found a home in the US but after he fights Barnett he is right back in the same boat. There won't be anyone for him to fight and everyone will be call for a Brock fight ir a Mir fight or even a Randy fight.

Post #8   1/29/09 2:57:08PM   

Pyrenus
MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar
Career record: 430-263
193 posts
Joined 1/07
I'm calling BS. White is never tired of money. Look, he'll talk smack on Fedor all day and say he isn't anything.

But the same day they sign him, Dana will be announcing that they've acquired the greatest fighter in all of MMA history.

He's worse than a politician.

Post #9   1/29/09 3:38:03PM   

KipDynamite
Learning to Sprawl

KipDynamite Avatar
Career record: 239-190
27 posts
Joined 12/07
Im glad hes actn like that. Fedor is good but NUTHING is worth having to deal with that Millen guy. what a freakin douche

Post #10   1/29/09 3:42:04PM   

bustin_mma
Standup Guy

bustin_mma Avatar

Career record: 1483-867
Season: 21-17 (#1229)
Bankroll: $685 (#1535)
302 posts
Joined 2/08
Thats true but thats what it takes to be a promoter. At least a good one. All the good promoter's are shady like that.

Post #11   1/29/09 3:51:23PM   

MattHughesRules
MMA Regular

MattHughesRules Avatar
Career record: 710-388
133 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by MattHughesRules

Dana white and zuffa have done alot of good for mma if fedor doesn't want to join the ufc its not Dana's fault, there a method to Dana's madness and u seem to have taken what Dana and the lorenzo brothers have done with the ufc for granted if it wasn't for them the ufc may have died back in 2000.

when they purchased ufc in 2001 they were losing millions people said they were crazy now look at ufc and the explosion on mma in the US.

i don't think u have any idea how hard it was for Dana to turn the ufc into what it is today and at the end of the day he will look anything but foolish no matter what happens with fedor

I don't dispute that Dana White has done great things for mma in North America and in general for that matter). I also would never claim to know how hard he worked to get the UFC to where it is today. I do know he has invested himself into it though and for that I think every UFC/mma fan is appreciative.
However the question at hand here is about Fedor and Dana's views of him. Dana White is wrong about Fedor's status as a top HW in the world....he is the best HW in the world. He quite possibly is the best p4p fighter in the world. All I am saying is that if both UFC and Fedor would compromise a little both would prosper because of it. Fedor in the UFC would be a huge deal and to me it only seems natural that the best fighter in the world (or one of) fight in the worlds greatest mma organization. To me it would be foolish not to pursue a contract with Fedor further.

Post #12   1/29/09 3:52:20PM   

Darnok
Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar
Career record: 1368-1075
Season: 10-6 (#1529)
Bankroll: $270 (#1667)
893 posts
Joined 9/07
Ok I seen this comic and thought of Dana as a kid.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

Post #13   1/29/09 4:00:24PM   

loller90278
BANNED

loller90278 Avatar
Career record: 384-262
3065 posts
Joined 1/07
was dana trying to use MMAmath?

when pressed about fedor ko'ing arlovski he said, "so has tim sylvia" and then he said arlovski ko'd tim sylvia in 3 minutes as well. how would this help prove dana's point? it's not like its a triangle where every ko's each other... fedor > arlovski and tim sylvia -- both ufc hw champs.

and after barnett theres gonna be kharitonov, overeem, yvel, roger gracie, antonio silva, etc etc

most of the best heavy weights arent in the ufc.

Post #14   1/29/09 4:33:06PM   

casey64
BANNED

Career record: 481-292
2568 posts
Joined 7/07
Don't blame him.JMO

Post #15   1/29/09 4:39:16PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Username: