Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Answer to fight camp rankings question

Print  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Some of you have asked me for detail on this, and I have investigate i with the new programmers considerable help. This is what we deduced. It is straight forwar, and easily understandable.

Here's how it works.

Camp member count is determined by the average number of people in a camp who made at least 1 fight pick for an event. Your performance sticks! This means that if you were in Camp A for UFC 92, then leave for Camp B for UFC 93, your performance and presence for UFC 92 is still associated with Camp A. The camp member count is not skewed in any fashion if a camp is formed after the first event of the season. Camp member count is used to decide what "weight class" a camp is in. All further rankings discussed below will be relative to the camp's weight class.

Once an event takes place, all camps in a division are ranked on three criteria: average earnings rank, average point score rank, average pick percentage (AKA "win-loss record") rank. By factoring the point total you penalize "cherry-pickers" who try to earn higher camp rankings by only picking the results on easy fights. By factoring in the pick percentage you reward the camps who had the pick right, but just missed an ending detail, which is understandable.

At the season's end, your average rank for each of these three categories for the entire season is calculated and stored in an ordered table. These three numbers are then added together and multiplied by .7 plus.03 per event participated in. This last bit was added to prevent someone from forming a camp at the season's end, doing good for 1 event, then running away with the crown.

The camps are then ordered by the lowest total and given that number as their final rank.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   1/28/09 9:25:12PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,021
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Do you have determined what tiebreaker will be used in case on a numeric draw ?

I know that we were tie with ATT after event 9 last season and Dothemath told me that if the tie would have prevailed both team would have been declared winner of the season.

My though for tie breaker is that the number of first place among the 3 category should determine the winner, if still tie then the number of second place.
This type of tie breaker is widely use in racing.

Another tie breaker possible would be to put the 2 tie teams face to face without counting the other teams ,that way a winner would for sure be declared since we have only 3 category.

Last edited 1/28/09 9:51PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #2   1/28/09 9:49:51PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
a tie is a tie, and both camps would receive badges

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   1/29/09 4:00:24AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,021
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Perfect !!

Post #4   1/29/09 11:01:56AM   

scott_the_ginger

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Team AKA all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Post #5   1/29/10 3:25:46PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,701-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It just seems the earnings rank is so far out of whack. Im not the only one who feels this as I have read a good number of threads on it in the past few years.

Post #6   8/29/10 1:45:58AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,073-1,291
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

It just seems the earnings rank is so far out of whack. Im not the only one who feels this as I have read a good number of threads on it in the past few years.

I actually agree with you for once!

Post #7   10/12/13 11:36:08AM