Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vitor discusses his future in boxing, a dream match with Fedor, and more

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Still in the United States, the fighter spoke with TATAME.com about his future in the event and revealed: his plans, now, also involve the professional Boxing. "It was perfect. I trained hard, was so focused that nothing was going through my min. Now I’ll start to fight professional Boxing. I’ll have a meeting with Oscar de La Hoya and we’ll see that. It has no mystery", said Vitor, who also celebrated the victory over Matt, Renato "Babalu” and Rogério Nogueira’s victories, the dream of fighting against Fedor Emelianenko and more.

link

Post #1   1/28/09 9:28:30AM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
this could be Vitor and he just sounds stupid here, but im not quite sure how reliable this sight is and can not trust it to be an actual interview

Post #2   1/28/09 11:09:31AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,489-1,182
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
Why is it that once a fighter gets a couple of good wins they all of a sudden want to fight Fedor. Don't get me wrong Vitor is still one of my favs but I am not delusional enough to think he could beat Fedor.

But a fight against Tito, now that I want to see.

Post #3   1/28/09 11:11:28AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

Why is it that once a fighter gets a couple of good wins they all of a sudden want to fight Fedor.

Or go to boxing.

Post #4   1/28/09 11:41:17AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Darnok

Why is it that once a fighter gets a couple of good wins they all of a sudden want to fight Fedor.

Or go to boxing.

I've wondered the same thing.Maybe someone promises them more money?

Post #5   1/28/09 11:59:03AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

this could be Vitor and he just sounds stupid here, but im not quite sure how reliable this sight is and can not trust it to be an actual interview

Tatame has been a pretty well respected Brazilian MMA Magazine for a long time, and is quoted by many of the popular MMA websites and blogs like MMAWeekly. Hopefully that alleviates your concerns...

Last edited 1/28/09 12:06PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   1/28/09 12:06:02PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

Why is it that once a fighter gets a couple of good wins they all of a sudden want to fight Fedor. Don't get me wrong Vitor is still one of my favs but I am not delusional enough to think he could beat Fedor.

But a fight against Tito, now that I want to see.

WEll I think it is the whole... "if I can be the one to beat Fedor, I will be e legend" I mean yea technically Fedor already has one loss no one really acknowledges it as a true loss as it was an illeagal strike..unintntional though it appeared. And will I am a big Vitor fan I think he does not make it out of minute one against Fedor... unless he is doing alot of dodging. though I think he is right in his assesment of Fedor. it really is going to take a world class striker who can hit hard to put him down.. maybe some good head kicks or something... OH wait.. that has been tried...

Post #7   1/28/09 2:44:58PM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Career:826-686
Camp: Team Kumate
Chips:
I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Anderson Silva. I know I know, Tito said it at the Affliction event, but that could be an amazing fight.

Post #8   1/28/09 3:33:54PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,489-1,182
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by colescar

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Anderson Silva. I know I know, Tito said it at the Affliction event, but that could be an amazing fight.

I think Vitor and Silva train together, so they probably won't fight each other.

Post #9   1/28/09 4:06:01PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
The only Vitor fight I'm interested in right now is a rematch with Tito.Their first fight was great,very dramatic,and I thought Vitor won.

WB.

Post #10   1/28/09 5:56:38PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Fedor is like a leprechaun. Everyone wants to get their hands on him to claim the giant pot of gold.

He's hit that point where he seems so unbeatable that whoever beats him is going to seriously cash in for it. A win over Fedor basically means instantaneous leap into fame and fortune in the MMA world. It's not really any surprise that everyone talks about a dream matchup against him, even though most of them are insanely unrealistic (like this one is).

Post #11   1/28/09 7:22:48PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Vitor is looking great at 185 but add weight and I don't think he is as good a fighter>

Post #12   1/28/09 7:45:05PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Fedor is not unbeatable.The largest hurdle a fighter faces when fighting Fedor is not his skills-it's the years of hype and mystique that has built up in their own minds.

Arlovski kinda/sorta got past that,then got a little trigger happy and made a rooky mistake.Barnett can probably get past that,though I think Fedor is a horrible style matchup for him-Barnett's only hope in that fight would be to get a take down and go ape with elbows and get a cut stoppage,which would be likely if he could get in that position.

A Vitor vs. Fedor fight probably won't happen,but then again we've seen Fedor vs. Hong Man Choi and Zulu so who knows.If Vitor wanted to win that fight,he'd have to show up at 210 or lighter.If the right Vitor showed up......yeah,he could pull it off.I wouldn't bet on it,but he has the skill set to pull it off,and when he actually shows up to fight,he's hell on wheels.Randy Couture still says Vitor is the strongest guy he has ever fought-he said a couple months ago that Vitor at 205 was considerably stronger than Brock Lesnar.And Randy isn't one for exaggeration.FWIW.

WB.

Post #13   1/28/09 10:23:40PM