Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Minotouro fights at Jungle Fight in April

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,810-1,057
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After winning at Sengoku, last November, then at Affliction, last Saturday, Rogério “Minotouro” Nogueira already knows when he’ll step on a ring again. After signing a contract with Jungle Fight, Nogueira will fight for the first time ever in Brazil. “Minotouro signed with Jungle and will fight at Fortaleza, Ceará, at April 25th”

LINK

Post #1   1/27/09 12:39:42AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
its surprising hes never fought in brazil before, and even more surprising hes taking a step backwards in terms of what organization hes fighting for. the ufc must be worried him and his brother would pull a pro wrestling move and switch in and out of the octagon when the other one gets hurt.

Post #2   1/27/09 9:39:15AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

its surprising hes never fought in brazil before, and even more surprising hes taking a step backwards in terms of what organization hes fighting for. the ufc must be worried him and his brother would pull a pro wrestling move and switch in and out of the octagon when the other one gets hurt.

haha no doubt!......this sucks tho, i was really hoping to see him starting to climb the ladder against top competition....i firmly believe he is a top 10 lhw, and coming off another legit lhw win against vlady, you think he'd capitilize on that momentum.......of course, i would like to see all the top fighters under one roof (cough ufc cough) but ufcs lhw picture right now is really crowded and a tito vs lil nog would be awesome in affliction...or even lil nog vs babalu....jungle fight? really? sillyness

Post #3   1/27/09 10:07:41AM   

dannyd1975

Learning to Sprawl

dannyd1975 Avatar

Career:799-503
Camp: Big Frog's Six Fans
Chips:
Do some research on Walid Ishmail's Jungle Fight Org. It is Prob. the best, most respected org. in all of Brazil. In fact EXC would never have exsisted if they hadden't stolen everthing from Walid (who has filed suite i believe). So I wouldn't call it a step down in any manner from affliction (they might not even have a 3rd show anyway with the massive losses in capital). MMA noobs in the states need to look around once in a while on what MMA is doing abroad.

Post #4   1/27/09 11:27:00AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dannyd1975

Do some research on Walid Ishmail's Jungle Fight Org. It is Prob. the best, most respected org. in all of Brazil. In fact EXC would never have exsisted if they hadden't stolen everthing from Walid (who has filed suite i believe). So I wouldn't call it a step down in any manner from affliction (they might not even have a 3rd show anyway with the massive losses in capital). MMA noobs in the states need to look around once in a while on what MMA is doing abroad.

does this organization have any top 20 ranked fighters for lil nog to increase his stock over? cuz since I DO know whats going abroad, my research says they dont.....they have had currently ranked fighters fight in the organization, and most likely have blue chip prospects there right now....my point was im interested in seeing top fighters fight top fighters, and all the best lhw's right now seem to either fight in affliction or ufc

Post #5   1/27/09 11:34:54AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by dannyd1975

listen bud, i know jungle fight, a lot of great fighters have fought there before, but thats a place where young guys get their start and then move up to bigger orgs, and it most definately is a step down in competition. how many top 10 fighters in any weight class are there right now outside of lil nog? so before you hand out the mma noob title to someone because youve heard of an organization and want to appear knowledgable, slow down take a minute and really think about it----has any other top fighter left another promotion to go to jungle fight???? thats how you know its a step down period.

Post #6   1/27/09 11:38:32AM   

dannyd1975

Learning to Sprawl

dannyd1975 Avatar

Chips:
Vlady is a top 10-20 fighter idont think so (lil nogs last fight) and the post was do to your out of hand "sillyness" quote, your disrespect for a pioneer and his org. so check your self, and a internet search does not knowlege make. (cowcatcher wasn't replying to your post, I actually found it funny I should have put up the reference in quotes)

Last edited 1/27/09 11:55AM server time by dannyd1975
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   1/27/09 11:52:21AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dannyd1975

Vlady is a top 10-20 fighter idont think so (lil nogs last fight) and the post was do to your out of hand "sillyness" quote, your disrespect for a pioneer and his org. so check your self, and a internet search does not knowlege make. (cowcatcher wasn't replying to your post, I actually found it funny I should have put up the reference in quotes)

vlady is a top 20 lhw fighter for sure, in fact some people rank him in the top 10....sooo your wrong there.....second, sillyness was not directed towards jungle fights organization, it was directed to the fact that lil nog is stepping down in competition wether it was jungle fights or king of the cage, i would have said the same so....third, "internet search does not knowlege make"??? how the hell do you think you heard about jungle fights? your many travels down to brazil or like the rest of us by watching old fights on the net?....quit acting like you jumped on something new and check your own self

Post #8   1/27/09 12:55:46PM   

dannyd1975

Learning to Sprawl

dannyd1975 Avatar

Chips:
Actually no he isnt top 10 maybe bottom of the top 20 but there is no offical ranking system anyways so the argument is mute(but seriously wtf fights are u watching) and you have no idea who I am or how i know what i do. I have had the pleasure a few times of spending quite a bit of time with Walid (and many other fighters) over the last 15 yrs. so once again you need to check yourself noob. we can take this to the underground and i can post pics maybe have a few fighters come on and let ya know whats up. and it still is a back handed comment on jungle fight anyways my point is still valid. The context of your comment speaks to that.

Thread ended.

Last edited 1/27/09 1:31PM server time by dannyd1975
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   1/27/09 1:30:20PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Lol so much arguing. He more then likely just wants to fight in his homeland, and JF is the biggest promotion there so it's good for both.

Post #10   1/27/09 1:43:35PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dannyd1975

Actually no he isnt top 10 maybe bottom of the top 20 but there is no offical ranking system anyways so the argument is mute(but seriously wtf fights are u watching) and you have no idea who I am or how i know what i do. I have had the pleasure a few times of spending quite a bit of time with Walid (and many other fighters) over the last 15 yrs. so once again you need to check yourself noob. we can take this to the underground and i can post pics maybe have a few fighters come on and let ya know whats up. and it still is a back handed comment on jungle fight anyways my point is still valid. The context of your comment speaks to that.

Thread ended.

ill give ya the ranking system comment, there is no offical way....and your right i dont know, but you dont know me either, for how long, with whom and where ive trained...you want to know the fights ive watched? you might wanna be more specific, either ppv, live, on the net...OR MAYBE the ones ive been in or helped corner....thats great you know walid, your probably the only one in history thats ever met the guy....your probably the only one on this forum whos been a fan for 15 years, trains, has maybe fought, knows fighters, some that can vouch for you....your probably the only person in the entire world right now that even knows what mma is...so congradulations....the only thing back handed about this conversation is that fact that i am actually responding to you...get a clue, this is a forum, dont take sh*t personal when somebody is expressing theyre opionon, cuz like in this case, it becomes stupid and personal to the other....i noticed your somewhat new to this one, so maybe you should back to other forums that dont have respectful conversations.......you can post all the pics and fighters you want i dont care, im done with this thread

Post #11   1/27/09 1:48:41PM   

dannyd1975

Learning to Sprawl

dannyd1975 Avatar

Chips:
This is the reason I don't post much lol. When I feel someone has disrespected someone ill say it and back up my words. I have also had the pleasure of seeing JF in Brazil after a humanitarian mission to Paraguay(2nd trip only trained the first time wasn't able to check out any vale tudo matches that time). I would recommend anyone seeing this thread to check it out as well. All our bickering aside lol. Walid=good for the sport

Post #12   1/27/09 2:06:51PM