Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Joe Lauzon goes ‘Nuts’ over fan reaction to brother Dan

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Let me tell you, Dan was not looking for any kind of break for anything other than recovering his balls from his throat. Dan is the most stubborn kid I have ever met in my life. He does not want any shortcuts in anything and wants to earn everything he gets. He clearly got kicked in the balls and he took the amount of time he was given. If I got kicked in the balls I wouldn’t want to tie me own shoes, nevermind go out and fight. It happens in fighting and in some cases you don’t need the full time. In other cases, you do…and this was one of those cases. I honestly cannot believe how much **** Dan is catching over this. He gets fouled and then when he takes his time to recover he is the one that’s wrong? He got hit in the nuts and he took his time to recover. That’s it. Its not out fault Bobby Green consistently had terrible accuracy and hit Dan in the balls 3 times. After the third one, they gave Dan the option of the easy win. They told Dan that Bobby would be DQ’ed if he didn’t want to continue. If Dan was looking for an easy way out, he would have said he didn’t want to continue and take the easy win. It would have been the smart move, he could have collected his money and gone home with a win. Instead, he went out and showed those HUGE BALLS and finished the fight like a man.

LINK

Post #1   1/27/09 12:27:32AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,463-760
Chips:
agree with joe

those people that boo are complete idiots

Post #2   1/27/09 12:31:47AM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
i would have taken all 5 minutes everytime if i had too. **** everyone who gets mad. some people can kick so hard the impact is worse than getting in a car accident. saw it on myth busters so basically he had a few car accidents to his nuts. narly huh

Post #3   1/27/09 2:47:35AM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Completely agree with the Lauzon brothers. Being kicked in the cup hurts like hell.

I think the third shot was the most painful, despite the fact it didn't look that bad.

The thing i hated the most was the of that big headed blond bag of crap Tito Ortiz...

"I think he is doing a great acting job tonight" WTF? He was obviously in P-A-I-N. That was after the second shot.

And after the third shot he said "You tell me? He hurt him with his toenail?" Shut the **** up Tito and go to your stupid ass wife.

Tito is the most pathetic commentator ever. He wasn't even close to neutral. He was obviously picking sides in the fights.

Btw. Great refereeing, Sir Dean. Respect!

Post #4   1/27/09 6:05:56AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:780-456
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Agree with Joe 100%. I absolutely hate it when people complain about stuff like that or say fighters are looking for the easy way out, particularly with Mirko vs Overeem, and more recently Varner vs Cerrone. If you going to boo or complain, do it about the other guy, there the ones breaking the rules.

Post #5   1/27/09 6:55:16AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:993-595
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Clearly none of the people that have responded so far seen the fight or watched a blurry video on the internet. One of the three kicks that are in question connected. The first kick was questionable. The second kick I thought hit him directly. The thrid one hit him right below the belly button and was not a groin kick. The first two he took a break I could understand. But the thrid kick was in no way a groin kick. Dan took advantage of that one.

Post #6   1/27/09 7:31:45AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
WAR UPGRADE

There will always be fans that "boo", though. They're called Chads.

Post #7   1/27/09 8:29:16AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i never jump on a fighter for quitting or faking injuries or anything, but i rewatched those "shots to the balls" about 100 times each, and dan either has balls that fill the whole front of his shorts, including the front of his thighs, or he was milking this. the kid is tough, and a good fighter, but im sorry, there were shenanigans going on there and its BS. so joe can defend his brother all he wants, hell he should, but no way all 3 hit, i even have my doubts about the first one. sure it was below the belt and thats illegal, but im pretty sure if he wanted to impregnate a random female that night he would have no problems.

Post #8   1/27/09 9:35:32AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I sat their and watched how he looked in pain during the whole thing and thought about how tough Crocop must be.
The guy got kneed viciously in the nuts by Kongo,and his balls even went into his stomach and the guy barely grimaced.

Post #9   1/27/09 9:38:54AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,151-1,470
Chips:
There is a variety of reasons for the booing in MMA.
None of those reasons are a positive reflection of the crowd.
It shows they don't know that much about MMA, don't care that much apparently and aren't even paying full attention to the fights they just paid top money to see.
I am sure the alcohol, T and A and crazy atmosphere gets in the way as well.
Lauzon got hit in the groin or cup 3 times for crying out loud.
It is not just the testicles that can be hurt.....the pubic bone gets jarred from the cup. Ever get your pubic bone bruised bad? I have. It's not cool. It's very painful.
I have been kicked there in fights and I have also injured it in bicycle accidents.
It can hurt for weeks.
Groin shots in MMA are no joke. Just because a shot didn't hit the testicles directly doesn't mean it didn't hurt bad...or cause injury.
Basically Lauzon's opponent was out of control with his striking.
I think he should have been DQed.
As for the booing...it's just a microcosm of society...which is full of...to put it kindly...messed up people.

Post #10   1/27/09 11:00:38AM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

i never jump on a fighter for quitting or faking injuries or anything, but i rewatched those "shots to the balls" about 100 times each, and dan either has balls that fill the whole front of his shorts, including the front of his thighs, or he was milking this. the kid is tough, and a good fighter, but im sorry, there were shenanigans going on there and its BS. so joe can defend his brother all he wants, hell he should, but no way all 3 hit, i even have my doubts about the first one. sure it was below the belt and thats illegal, but im pretty sure if he wanted to impregnate a random female that night he would have no problems.

When your cup is hit at all, it jars your whole package around like crazy. So like that one that was clearly above his balls still shocks em a lot, especially when youve already taken two.

Post #11   1/27/09 11:26:38AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
dont get me wrong a shot to the jewels or even near them hurts a lot, my point was that not one of the 3 hit him directly(although even close can smart like a SOB) and one was on the thigh not even close to the groin. i dont want to be a guy that goes around saying a fighter faked an injury, and i believe the shots hurt, but i think he milked them for more than they were worth. but then again im not in there fighting so my opinion holds less water than what a fighter says happened.

Post #12   1/27/09 11:45:59AM   

Afflicted

MMA Regular

Afflicted Avatar

Career:426-283
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Anyone who says anything bad about Dan is being foolish. I dont care what you have seen on replays or where you think the kicks "landed" He was the one getting kicked BELOW the belt, and he is the only one who knows how bad they hurt. If he was acting then dude should get an oscar because he looked just like a guy who got kicked in the balls to me.

Also any man knows that the grazing shot to the nuts is usually the most painfull, I mean you can itch wrong or shift your cup the wrong way and end up on the ground in pain.

Post #13   1/27/09 2:08:42PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Afflicted

Also any man knows that the grazing shot to the nuts is usually the most painfull, I mean you can itch wrong or shift your cup the wrong way and end up on the ground in pain.

My berries hurt just from reading this. So true...

Post #14   1/27/09 2:14:52PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i agree wholeheartedly with Joe. i mean on the third shot you can actually see the cup move. the fact that the announcing team, and especially Tito, denounced those blows was just straight up ridiculous. it was clear on every replay that he got smashed dead on, yet those idiots decided to say he was putting on an act.

for Dan

for Tito

Last edited 1/27/09 5:34PM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: just stopped mid sentence lol

Post #15   1/27/09 2:37:40PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2