Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

* Randy Couture Interview - Confirms Next to be either NOG or Mir

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
DreamFighters.com

Mir or Nog have been confirmed by randy as his next possible match-up!

Post #1   1/26/09 3:27:14PM   

cmb19932

Banned

cmb19932 Avatar

Career:239-225
Chips:
i thought it was denied that he was fighting nog and mir is tied up with lesnar and then if mir wins the arent gonna give randy a title match that quick and on another note he cant fight lesnar again cuz why bother so i doubt anyone who was in the mini tournement is out of the question in my mind

Last edited 1/26/09 3:49PM server time by cmb19932
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   1/26/09 3:48:26PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Im not going to buy much into this.

Post #3   1/26/09 4:07:52PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
couture will beat both. he's to experienced in grappling to get submitted by either and in my mind couture has the better standup with his dirty boxing then both nog and mir.

Post #4   1/26/09 4:10:59PM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Career:826-686
Camp: Team Kumate
Chips:
The way I see it, until the title isn't in the hands of former WWF stars I'm not to into the HW division in the UFC. I mean, Couture vs Lesnar, thats the type of thing the UFC needs to sort out. Thats like putting BJ Penn up against Rampage Jackson. I think they need a Super-Heavy weight class. 40 pounds makes a lot of difference. Now I know some of you are gonna be like, "Little guys beat big guys all the time." Not recently they don't, unless your Fedor fighting a Korean giant who really didn't belong in the ring. Show me a fight in the last five years where a guy beat another guy 40 pounds heavier then him?

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
I never claimed to be right.

I just feel that Randy got the shaft. He should have been facing Nog, the Interim heavyweight champ. Whats the point of having an Interim champ if he isn't granted the first title shot?

Just goes to show whomever Dana wants to have the belt will have the belt. I think he thinks Brock is his answer to all the Fedor fans, but I also think he is sadly mistaken.

Post #5   1/26/09 4:20:32PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Prolly not enough guys to make a SHW division or atleast guys that are good.

Post #6   1/26/09 4:52:41PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
Who ever he fights I would give him better than70% chance to beat them. I re watched the fight again on spike tv the other night with Couture and Brock. Right up till he got caught Randy was more than in the fight Brock had taken him down twice and Randy stood back up he had cut Brock and was doing fine with his power. Who ever he fights look for him to be right back in there to fight for the title again.

Post #7   1/26/09 5:02:38PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,302-3,462
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i doubt it if mir wins he is not gonna get a title shot his best shot is against big nog at ufc 100

Post #8   1/26/09 5:18:30PM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Prolly not enough guys to make a SHW division or atleast guys that are good.

True
True

Post #9   1/26/09 6:29:29PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:

Posted by colescar

The way I see it, until the title isn't in the hands of former WWF stars I'm not to into the HW division in the UFC. I mean, Couture vs Lesnar, thats the type of thing the UFC needs to sort out. Thats like putting BJ Penn up against Rampage Jackson. I think they need a Super-Heavy weight class. 40 pounds makes a lot of difference. Now I know some of you are gonna be like, "Little guys beat big guys all the time." Not recently they don't, unless your Fedor fighting a Korean giant who really didn't belong in the ring. Show me a fight in the last five years where a guy beat another guy 40 pounds heavier then him?

I just feel that Randy got the shaft. He should have been facing Nog, the Interim heavyweight champ. Whats the point of having an Interim champ if he isn't granted the first title shot?

Just goes to show whomever Dana wants to have the belt will have the belt. I think he thinks Brock is his answer to all the Fedor fans, but I also think he is sadly mistaken.

What was the wieght dif when wanderlei beat Fujita in the open weight grand prix

Last edited 1/26/09 7:04PM server time by chubbud22

Post #10   1/26/09 7:03:03PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by colescar

What was the weight difference when Wanderlei beat Fugita in Prides last Open weight Grand prix

Manhoef Hunt, Cro Cop Choi, Fedor Hunt, and as you mentioned Fedor Choi. Choi is not to be discretited, my guess is Brock would have started off 0-1 had Choi been cleared.

Post #11   1/26/09 7:06:10PM   

im2fast4u1981

MMA Regular

im2fast4u1981 Avatar

Career:254-142
Camp: Team Xtrem Mma
Chips:
The winner of them should have faced randy in the first place.....how the hell is a guy that is 1-1 in the ufc number 1 contender.Brock lesnar didnt deserve a title shot...is the hw division so swallow that they couldnt find a couple guys 2 fight lesnar.....anyway...i dont think this fight makes sense but....id pick randy either way..i also think a super hw division should be made..just dont c how a guy that is 220 can beat a guy thats 300 lbs....im kinda hopeing randy goes back 2 205

Post #12   1/26/09 7:12:45PM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by colescar

What was the weight difference when Wanderlei beat Fugita in Prides last Open weight Grand prix

Manhoef Hunt, Cro Cop Choi, Fedor Hunt, and as you mentioned Fedor Choi.
Choi is not to be discretited, my guess is Brock would have started off 0-1 had Choi been cleared.

I'm not taking away from Choi. Its just that the only real thing he seems to have is size. Is that a fault? No. Just ask Lesnar, I'm sure he'll say size is an advantage he will have over most competitors.

And thanks for pointing out some big size difference in fights.

Last edited 1/26/09 7:29PM server time by colescar

Post #13   1/26/09 7:27:10PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
well if your a small HW you can always cut to 205 thats what most should do anyway

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #14   1/26/09 7:54:35PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
I don't understand why people hate on Lesnar for being in the WWE... He was a legitimate NCAA wrestling champ. It's not like he's just a giant juice head who pretends to wrestle. He's a real wrestler who used his ability to transition into "pro" wrestling as many legitimate wrestlers do to make money. Wrestling by itself just doesn't pay the bills, you can't blame the guy for wanting to put a roof over his own head.

Josh Barnett has done a lot of pro wrestling as well but I don't ever hear people discrediting his ability for it. I hate pro-wrestling more than anyone, but I can't take away from a legit athlete who just wants to feed himself.

It's true that there needs to be a superheavyweight class, but the sport just isn't big enough for that yet. We would just see shane carwin face brock lesnar 20 times in a row. Eventually it will be but for now this is the most feasible setup really, unless they cut the ceiling for heavyweight by 10-15 pounds.

Post #15   1/26/09 8:57:01PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2