Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Arlovski set to move into boxing after fight with Fedor

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
According to trainer Freddie Roach, Andrei Arlovski will move into boxing following his match-up with Fedor Emelianenko at the Affliction: Day of Reckoning PPV. Roach already knows who he wants Arlovski to face.

“Andrei’s going into boxing after this,” said Roach. “After we knockout Fedor, I’d like for him to challenge for the heavyweight championship against (WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay) Valuev.”

link

Post #1   1/23/09 5:06:49PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:1,525-879
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:
Booo

Post #2   1/23/09 5:20:59PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:
This is the very reason Arlovski is going to lose. For the last time Roach BOXING IS NOT MMA!!!!!!!!!!. There is a huge difference between striking in boxing and mma.

WAR FEDOR:

Post #3   1/23/09 5:23:00PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,460-1,143
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by decken

This is the very reason Arlovski is going to lose.

As soon as I read the title this is the exact same thing I said.

Can roach get any stupider. Sometimes I think he is just playing possum.

Last edited 1/23/09 5:48PM server time by Darnok
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/23/09 5:38:11PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Are you kidding me? You want to move out of the foremost division (in terms of what people want to watch) in the fastest growing sport when you're a top 10 contender? What the @#$ happens if he wins, anyway? Is WAMMA left with the belt undefended for months at a time while Arlovski goes and plays in the severe mediocrity that is Boxing's heavyweight division?

I am a boxing fan, but the heavyweight division in boxing right now is a joke. Stupid move, IMO.

Post #5   1/23/09 5:57:07PM   

Rollins

Standup Guy

Rollins Avatar

Career:390-236
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

Posted by decken

This is the very reason Arlovski is going to lose.

As soon as I read the title this is the exact same thing I said.

Can roach get any stupider. Sometimes I think he is just playing possum.

Trust me, he's playing dumb.

Post #6   1/23/09 6:03:20PM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
Don't worry. After Arlovski loses in boxing he'll be back in the sport he belongs. Wouldn't be surprised if he fired Roach.

Post #7   1/23/09 6:37:07PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
I think Roach, has been smoking too many ROACHES. This guy shouldn't be in MMA for this very reason. All he will do is ruin Andrei's career, and everything he stood for in the sport.

Post #8   1/23/09 6:44:27PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by decken

This is the very reason Arlovski is going to lose. For the last time Roach BOXING IS NOT MMA!!!!!!!!!!. There is a huge difference between striking in boxing and mma.

WAR FEDOR:

It still excites me though, from one of the earlier articles today, Roach is thinking outside the box, no pun intended, with training Arlovski by integrating his punches with kicks to diversify and possibly brings some pretty slick combos, or it was the worst decision Arlovski ever had.

Post #9   1/23/09 6:45:27PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Simple......fighters are employees and they'll go to work with the employer that gives them more $$$$. I've alway said this, that's why it make me laugh every time there's a statement like " ...being here because here is the place to be, where the best and bla bla bla...." BS!" it is all about $$$, period. They have families to feed like many of us.

Post #10   1/23/09 8:00:31PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Simple......fighters are employees and they'll go to work with the employer that gives them more $$$$. I've alway said this, that's why it make me laugh every time there's a statement like " ...being here because here is the place to be, where the best and bla bla bla...." BS!" it is all about $$$, period. They have families to feed like many of us.

Arlovski is single w/o a family and he's getting paid ridiculous amounts of cash (more than he will on a boxing undercard)

Post #11   1/23/09 8:06:56PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Ordep

Arlovski is single w/o a family and he's getting paid ridiculous amounts of cash (more than he will on a boxing undercard)

You know what I mean by "family to feed", and if Arlovski will make more $ in MMA, then he'll not go (i.e. more BS from Freddie Roach).

Post #12   1/23/09 8:59:51PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
What if he beats Fedor..........he'll go to boxing? BULLSHIT! AA needs to focus on the Wamma belt now and then back to the big show and take out MIr or Lesnar or whoever is champ at the time. I really think AA will grace the UFC octagon again before his career is over

Post #13   1/23/09 9:23:42PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Ordep

You know what I mean by "family to feed", and if Arlovski will make more $ in MMA, then he'll not go (i.e. more BS from Freddie Roach).

Well that I can agree with, but him moving to boxing regardless of where the money is at is a stupid move IMO. Especially if day one of his boxing career begins with the HW champion. Boxing is such a different sport that it will take years to reach the levels he needs to.

Although admittedly I would love to watch him box one of the Klitschko bros

Post #14   1/23/09 9:29:41PM   

Metafour

MMA Regular

Metafour Avatar

Career:798-433
Chips:
I think its a bad sign that he is planning to move to boxing after this fight... Seems like there isn't a whole lot of confidence in Arlovski's camp.

Post #15   1/24/09 12:04:38AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2