Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Thales training with Ryan Bader for Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“The training here are great. Everybody here is good. I’m training everyday, emphasizing the Boxing and Wrestling part, where they are very good", said Thales, who is counting with the TUF 8 champion, Ryan Bader’s help and also the UFC fighter CB Dollaway. “Jaime Warner, Steve, Simpson and Carlos Condit, all WEC fighters, are helping me too. Steve is a wrestling coach and is very good teaching at a school here in Arizona”, completed Leites.

LINK

Post #1   1/21/09 12:38:54AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
That's pretty cool, Nova União and AZCS have ties to Gustavo Dantas’ so maybe we'll see some more of the upcoming Brazilian talent training at AZCS. Either way Thales seems to be taking the right steps to crack the riddle of "how to beat Anderson Silva".

No one is really giving Thales a shot but you can never discount a guy with good takedowns and a world class BJJ game. We all saw what happened last time Aderson faced a tough BJJ BB. Thales doesn't have the wrestling Lutter has, or at least the experience of wrestling at the Collegiate level, but with the right camp...

Post #2   1/21/09 1:27:37AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
^ I agree with this but damn that'd be a big upset, I just dont give him much a chance at all.

Thales is a guy to bet the house on... from a gamblers standpoint, you'd have to be confident in that wager though lol, that'd be like betting the house on Serra at 69, kinda like throwing 10k down on 13 Black at the Keno table.

Post #3   1/21/09 5:08:25AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
well thales better be working on closing that huge gap that his hands leave in his boxing, silvas pin point shots will end this fight early......wrestling tho, azcs is a great place to get good great wrestling training...they have one of the best collegiate wrestling programs in the nation two blocks away, as well as have numerous all americans trainging there......thales shouldnt be too concerned with the bjj part of the fight, what he needs to do is worry about getting it to the ground first, which is an area he already needs work on.....i still predict first rd ko

Post #4   1/21/09 10:19:41AM   

kasual

MMA Regular

kasual Avatar

Career:353-201
Camp: HERO SQUAD
Chips:
That's cool for him, although it's doubtful that Bader can coach him to do what a two time Olympian couldn't do. This would be an unbelievable upset, I'm fairly sure I would be watching and have a aneurysm if Thales was able to tap Anderson out. How does a guy go from tapping out Drew McFedries to a title shot, I guess that's what happens when the champ has gutted the division but with Anderson having a limited amount of fights left there are matches I would rather see. At MW and at LHW. Oh well, seeing Anderson is great no matter who they place across him, and with it being in Canada I might even be able to go!

Post #5   1/21/09 12:07:02PM   

JackHammerXXX

MMA Regular

JackHammerXXX Avatar

Career:2,109-1,347
Chips:
Obviously we're talking about Anderson Silva, but I distinctly remember in this past years TUF season, when Silva came to train with Nog's team. And when they showed him sparring with none other then Ryan Bader, it seemed as if the future LHW winner got a taste of what it would be like, in the octagon and facing someone of Silva's caliber. Yes, I know, The Spider was waving Bader in, and was more or less performing, but hey, when you are trying to beat the unbeatable(so far, in the octagon) any little bit helps.

Post #6   1/21/09 6:03:15PM