Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Contacting members of other fight camps...

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bobbydoomocculta

Banned

bobbydoomocculta Avatar

Career:201-119
Chips:
I can answer this short and sweet with my superior moral standard...

If you pm someone who's in a camp because you want there record, you are a turd...
If you pm someone who's in another camp because you've bumped into them in the forums and got along or think they'd fit in well with your camp, then there's nothing wrong with that...

know that...

Last edited 2/18/09 8:10AM server time by bobbydoomocculta
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   2/18/09 8:09:38AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And if you recruit in 99.99% of posts you make on the forums, you need a new occupation.

Post #17   2/18/09 8:49:32AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

And if you recruit in 99.99% of posts you make on the forums, you need a new occupation.

Amen.

Post #18   2/18/09 9:09:33AM   

bobbydoomocculta

Banned

bobbydoomocculta Avatar

Career:201-119
Chips:
99.99% of my posts are recruitment...

Last edited 2/18/09 9:58PM server time by bobbydoomocculta

Post #19   2/18/09 9:57:16PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,853-1,062
Chips:

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

99.99% of my posts are recruitment...

... hence the need for a new occupation. I'd say with your superior morals and dedication to recruitment you might make an excellent missionary. I hear there is a severe lack of occult missionaries, so you could probably find work fairly quickly.

For more information contact the Occult Missionary Foundation at 1-900-Devil-4-U or contact Robert (shown below) via ouija board.

(Sorry but this thread was almost there anyway)

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #20   2/19/09 12:10:32AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
bobbydoomocculta, it's not very smart to report a post then go and retaliate by posting worse. It was clearly meant as a joke (and a good one too), even I got it. Either way, you've made your last recruiting post for some time.

As for everyone else, let's try to get rid of the negative vibes that seem to be resonating through this thread, namely in the last few posts. I know no real harm was intended, but it's too easy for it to be taken the wrong way, so let's all be a little more careful in the future.

Last edited 2/19/09 9:41AM server time by DCRage

Post #21   2/19/09 9:04:20AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,853-1,062
Chips:
The above post was made in humor. I wanted to make light of the silly direction this thread had taken. I did not imagine someone would take offense to it, and will leave it unedited so that those offended can read it again and hopefully realize that I was doing nothing except making light of the conversation.
I should have given the post one of these and maybe one of these to more adequately convey my sarcasm.
The above post is neither an endorsement or condemnation of either occultist or missionary activites. To my knowledge, no organization known as the Occult Missionary Foundation exists. If it does exist then I apologize for advertising them. I have never called 1-900-Devil-4-U, but if someone does and finds that it is a valid number, please report it here or PM me because I would find that hillarious.

Last edited 2/19/09 10:11PM server time by ncordless

Post #22   2/19/09 10:09:17PM   

Rollins

Standup Guy

Rollins Avatar

Career:390-236
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

bobbydoomocculta, it's not very smart to report a post then go and retaliate by posting worse. It was clearly meant as a joke (and a good one too)****,-----> even I got it.<-------**** Either way, you've made your last recruiting post for some time.

As for everyone else, let's try to get rid of the negative vibes that seem to be resonating through this thread, namely in the last few posts. I know no real harm was intended, but it's too easy for it to be taken the wrong way, so let's all be a little more careful in the future.

That must have been one hell of a joke!!

See, good clean fun. Really, where would we be without some good ol' fashion tomfoolery?

Post #23   2/20/09 1:39:32PM   

wrestler189

MMA Regular

wrestler189 Avatar

Career:1,727-959
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Emfleek, it's easy for you to "not step on toes" because your camp is already full of elite members.

It's a situation of rich get richer.

A fairly new camp like mine can't attract ringers like your camp can, we have to WORK OUR BUTTS OFF for their attention.

If a ringer shows up on the camp recruitment list, he's not gonna go with a camp that is still growing, he's gonna go with the best of the best 100% of the time. So that list is useless for the average camp when it comes to getting real talent.

The only way a new camp can get that kind of talent is to find a ringer who is apart of another camp and unhappy, then persuade them to sign on.

Like Emfleek said, if your camp is good enough, you shouldn't need to worry about that guy leaving just because some other dude tried to recruit him. The only guys that will leave, are the ones that are unhappy. In which case it's win win. They get a camp that suits them better, and the camp gets a great new guy.

"Stepping on toes" is a necessary evil for camps who want to enter that top tier.

It is not about "attracting ringers"

Your camp should make people better, not only look to get people who are already good.

In the War Room Warriors, we are very strict with recruitment and accept very few new additions. We teach each other how to make the best choices. Everybody helps everyone and that way we get better and better.

This is in no way bashing your camp or anyone elses. I just want to point out that the way to have the best team is to cultivate the best team ,not cherry pick the top players

Post #24   2/20/09 2:44:09PM   

BaDaBinG80

Learning to Sprawl

BaDaBinG80 Avatar

Career:122-67
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

The above post was made in humor. I wanted to make light of the silly direction this thread had taken. I did not imagine someone would take offense to it, and will leave it unedited so that those offended can read it again and hopefully realize that I was doing nothing except making light of the conversation.
I should have given the post one of these and maybe one of these to more adequately convey my sarcasm.
The above post is neither an endorsement or condemnation of either occultist or missionary activites. To my knowledge, no organization known as the Occult Missionary Foundation exists. If it does exist then I apologize for advertising them. I have never called 1-900-Devil-4-U, but if someone does and finds that it is a valid number, please report it here or PM me because I would find that hillarious.

or you could just stop with the jokes because you suck at them

Post #25   2/21/09 6:15:03PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2