Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Affliction-Day of Reckoning Predictions

Print  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Anyone else excited for this card? Haven't seen much talk about it. Anyways, here are the fighters im going with:

Fedor/UD- Arlovski should be a challenge for Fedor unlike one we've seen for a while. Good striking, jj, and cardio should make for a great fight. But, its very hard to go against Fedor at this point. Hope its a war.

Barnett/sub/1- I think Barnett will come out and try to stand with Yvel, get rocked, and take it down and submit him with a basic submission. Also looking forward to this fight.

Sokodjou/KO/1- Babalu's chin worries me and I just have a feeling Thierry will catch him.

Lindland/UD- Vitor has looked good lately but I think the law has the skills to neutralize him and grind out a decision.

Horodecki/UD- This is another one which should be a lw war, but I think Horodecki will be too explosive for Lauzon and outclass him.

Lil Nog/UD- I see this fight coming out similar to the first fight but with Nog getting the decision. I just think he's progressed more as a fighter.

Buentello/KO/2- Don't know much about Sidelnikov, but I think the headhunter will catch him.

High/tko/2- I think this is a good underdog pick. Not well known, but I think he can surprise Heiron and pount him out. Check this guy out if you have the time.

Duarte/UD- Lighter weights usually make for great fights.

Cooper/UD- Not sure on this one, but I think Cooper is the better fighter here.

LC Davis/tko/2- Good prospect and Bao is coming in on extremely short notice.

Thoughts?

Last edited 1/20/09 4:04PM server time by Franklinfan47
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/20/09 4:03:54PM   

joshjr

Josh "The Babyface Assassin"

joshjr Avatar

Career:538-351
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I am going with
Fedor
Barnett
Babalu
Lindland

I am really looking forward to this card though. Im my opinion its a stacked card with alot of good fights.

Post #2   1/21/09 4:32:13AM   

Mr_Death

Learning to Sprawl

Mr_Death Avatar

Career:138-82
Chips:
It's a much better card than the lopsided one they put together for the first event. I hope the fights shape up that way. I'm really looking forward to the Nog/Janitor fight, and AA/Fedor of course.

Post #3   1/21/09 5:43:49AM