Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nate Marquardt signs agreement to fight Anderson Silva at UFC 72

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
UFC middleweight fighter Nathan Marquardt (25-6-2) just signed the bout agreement for UFC 72, sealing his bid to challenge for the 185-pound belt against current champion Anderson Silva (18-4) on July 7.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/20/07 2:57:08PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
Looks like Rich is gonna have to get in line!

And by this rate the no.1 contender Mike 'QUICK' Swick will have a title shot by the time Anderson Silva learns english!

Post #2   3/20/07 3:51:00PM   

T-Money

Learning to Sprawl

T-Money Avatar

Career:1,785-1,214
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
give me a break i dont know what dana white is doin nathan marquardt i dont think hes ready to fight for the belt yet hes the tyoe of guy who likes to play it save anderson silva is to explosive hes knocked out chris leben and rich franklin nate has taped ot crafton wallace you make the choice. wat i think they should have done is have anderson fight swick or okami and have nate fight franklin

Last edited 3/20/07 10:11PM server time by T-Money
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/20/07 10:07:47PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

wat i think they should have done is have anderson fight swick or okami and have nate fight franklin
i agree

Post #4   3/21/07 6:01:49PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by T-Money

give me a break i dont know what dana white is doin nathan marquardt i dont think hes ready to fight for the belt yet hes the tyoe of guy who likes to play it save anderson silva is to explosive hes knocked out chris leben and rich franklin nate has taped ot crafton wallace you make the choice. wat i think they should have done is have anderson fight swick or okami and have nate fight franklin

BIG TIME

Post #5   3/21/07 8:53:50PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by randyleprechaun

And by this rate the no.1 contender Mike 'QUICK' Swick will have a title shot by the time Anderson Silva learns english!

Yeah, it seems as though Dana is not hesitating on throwing people at Silva. I get the feeling that he doesn't like Silva as a champion

Post #6   3/23/07 8:50:17AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by randyleprechaun

Yeah, it seems as though Dana is not hesitating on throwing people at Silva. I get the feeling that he doesn't like Silva as a champion

Its because the spider is brazilian & doesnt speak English.

Simply put, if anderson silva was a white north american, with his fighting style he would be as marketable as Chuck Liddell. But hes not so Dana has guys coming at him from all corners, in the hope that one of them will take his belt!

Post #7   3/23/07 9:11:44AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:
That's exactly what I don't like about the whole situation. I want champions to be great fighters. So what if they can't speak English. I understand Dana's desire to have likeable champions, but come on.....

Two examples, 1) Sean Sherk, IMO not the loveable champion in the UFC right now. To me, he's just not as interesting as Randy, GSP or Chuck. 2) Fedor, people love him and he can't speak English.

So I think it's more than just the language factor.

I think a big part of it was how Anderson Silva make a UFC golden boy look like an amateur.

Post #8   3/23/07 9:57:55PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

That's exactly what I don't like about the whole situation. I want champions to be great fighters. So what if they can't speak English. I understand Dana's desire to have likeable champions, but come on.....

Two examples, 1) Sean Sherk, IMO not the loveable champion in the UFC right now. To me, he's just not as interesting as Randy, GSP or Chuck. 2) Fedor, people love him and he can't speak English.

So I think it's more than just the language factor.

I think a big part of it was how Anderson Silva make a UFC golden boy look like an amateur.

I agree. anderson Silva screwed up the UFCs plans for Franklin,but dana white should be used to upsets. This is mma not pro wrestling

Last edited 3/24/07 7:35AM server time by randyleprechaun
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   3/24/07 7:34:44AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:
Yeah that's right. Besides, I don't want to see the same guy dominating all the time.

Post #10   3/24/07 11:12:13AM