Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 93 thoughts

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by pinoymixplaya

God, for some reason I just can't stand Alan Belcher, his cockiness is just asking to be KTFO.... I say give him Palhares for thinking that he should get a title shot soon and see how he does with that.

If youre looking for him to be "KTFO'd", Palhares probably isnt your guy.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   1/18/09 12:06:05PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
A decent event, we all have seen better and worse though.

Post #17   1/18/09 12:28:30PM   

Franklinfan47

Bow Down

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:3,077-1,712
Chips:
Only fight I got wrong was the Kang-Belcher fight, which took me by surprise. It made it all the more frustrating because Kang was dominanting the fight too. Unfortunately, I also bet on Kang as well. I strongly dislike Belcher the more I see him. Anyone see his stupid johnny cash tattoo?

Overall, I really liked this event. Almost all the prelims were tkos, and Siver, Kampmann, Drwal, Hathaway, Schafer all impressed me. Who knew Schafer would tko him. Crazy!

Davis/Lytle was a great fight and didn't disapoint. Davis followed a gameplan to outwork Lytle as expected. Both guys are warriors.

I was pleasantly surprised in the Palhares fight. Rousimar still won as expected by I was happy to see the Gumby of old with that never quit composed attitude. I loved the fight!

Coleman and Shogun both looked aweful. I can't believe they gave them a fight of the night bonus. Dana must of done it just because coleman's a HOFer or something. Coleman was basically asking to be knocked out several times in the fight can Shogun looked too gassed after one round to finish. I don't know if I should pick him over Liddell now.

Franklin/Henderson was another fight that didn't disapoint. I was rooting for both guys because their two of my favorite fighters. Overall though, I'm glad Henderson won because I picked him and because I'm more interested in seeing him fight Bisping and as a coach. My boy Franklin will come back stronger than ever.

Post #18   1/18/09 12:37:38PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Also, anybody notice Allister and Semmy in the crowd with Dana? Allister and Dana looked particularly friendly. Really expecting to see him sign with the ufc sometime soon.

Post #19   1/18/09 1:18:32PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by MrGreeny

Well, the event was OK. I don't really agree with the referee on the Coleman stopage, but whatever...

Can someone explain to me the UFC math on the scorecards. Do the points add up or it's like the judges vote and their vote count as one.

I ask that because of the Henderson - Franklin dec.
As far as i know it goes like this:

Fr-----Hen
28----29
30----27
28----29
------------- +
86---85

I never noticed that. But on UFC.com they have three options. A split deicion, a unanimous decision, and a majority decision. And I never understood what a majority would have been, but i suppose this.

Post #20   1/18/09 2:08:36PM   

tomsmith17381

MMA Regular

Career:4-7
Chips:
the card was ok for a card outside of the u.s. Us foreigners are used to being given weak cards but enough of my moaning. The main event didnt disapoint i just wished it was for 5 rounds. The shogun vs coleman fight was hilarious coleman should go join the WWE with his trash talking nonsense. I enjoyed seeing our boy Hathaway beating the hometown boy egan in a very dominant manner. The lyttle vs davis fight was as advertised ive never seen a guy swing for the fences as often as lyttle does props to the man. overall it was quite entertaining but as allways the cards over this way allways lack that killer matchup WE WANT ANOTHER TITLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #21   1/18/09 2:37:49PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Lytle vs Davis
This fight was very, very good throughout. Both fighters were rocked at least once in the fight. Davis looked pretty good, he was clearly the more technical boxer out there while Lytle was more reckless. Davis threw great body kicks and i think that was the reason he won that fight, i was surprised he didn't use more combination's. Lytle fought the exact same way i thought he would, i figured he'd throw wild bombs, which he did.
Fight = 8.5/10

Kang vs Belcher
I thought Kang would steamroll Belcher, which he basically did for the most part. His takedowns looked pretty good and his stand up looked alright as well, just unfortunate that Belcher semi pulled guard. Kangs submission game looked pretty good, but it's always been pretty good i guess. Nice try on the Anaconda, though. Belcher took a few decent punches from Kang but at no point looked "rocked" props to Belcher for toughing it out and catching Denis in the choke, i was surprised how quick Denis tapped though.
Fight = 6/10

Horn vs Palhares
Pretty good fight, i was very impressed with Horns scrambling throughout this fight, he looked pretty good. However Palhares is just too strong, the guy is a beast, he basically raggdolled Horn 80% of that fight. You could clearly tell he was the stronger man in that fight. I wish Horn would have tried to throw more kicks, he just missed on a couple of head kicks that could have changed the course of that fight. What's next for Palhares? Palhares vs Maia?...
Fight: 8/10

Shogun vs Coleman
Well, this fight actually depressed me...both "The Hammer" and Shogun looked like absolute garbage out there. Shogun clearly isn't even a top 10 fighter anymore. This was terrible, it actually hurt my eyes to watch...especially with so much hype built around it. Coleman was gassed after the first take down, while Shogun was gassed after the first round. I guess Chute Box needed the supplements? I was surprised that Shogun did not try to use headkicks while Colemans hands were on his knees. The stoppage was debatable, yes. But it would not have changed how crappy this fight was.
Fight 4.5/10

Henderson vs Franklin
You could tell both fighters respected each other so much in this one, Henderson with a great takedown and good ground n' pound during the first round. Franklin was landing good jab punches throughout the fight but did not have Dan in any way hurt. This fight was not the greatest as well, i figured both fighters would swing wild for a bit, but it looked like they were very cautious of each other. I was a tad uneasy that Hendo kept his right loaded and barely through it at all, i figured he would look for the one punch KO, but he didn't.
Fight = 7/10

Post #22   1/18/09 2:56:44PM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

I never noticed that. But on UFC.com they have three options. A split deicion, a unanimous decision, and a majority decision. And I never understood what a majority would have been, but i suppose this.

Majority decision is when two judges give it a win for someone and the third one scores a draw.

Well i wasn't sure about the scoring system because i've never seen such a decision, or i didn't pay much attention if it has happened before.

It just sounded logic to me, that the points are added because of the big numbers.
I guess it could be a 3-2 system where the winner gets 3 points and the looser 2 or 1. I've never seen a 10-7 round.

Post #23   1/18/09 5:40:06PM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:

Posted by higdon10

Posted by pinoymixplaya

God, for some reason I just can't stand Alan Belcher, his cockiness is just asking to be KTFO.... I say give him Palhares for thinking that he should get a title shot soon and see how he does with that.

If youre looking for him to be "KTFO'd", Palhares probably isnt your guy.

lol ya i looked at that after i wrote it and it didnt make much sense did it? I actually just want him to lose and I know Palhares can take him, but seeing him get his head knocked off would be a bonus but any type of loss would be sweet.

Post #24   1/18/09 7:37:55PM   

SociopathX

MMA Regular

SociopathX Avatar

Career:210-126
Chips:
i missed the first hour of the fights but from what i saw the card did not live up to my expectations nor did the fights. The coleman fight was probably the best I saw but all in all probably the worst card I've seen in a year.

Post #25   1/19/09 2:05:44AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Posted by SociopathX

i missed the first hour of the fights but from what i saw the card did not live up to my expectations nor did the fights. The coleman fight was probably the best I saw but all in all probably the worst card I've seen in a year.

How is the coleman fight the best you saw and the rest didn't live up? Everyone else was so down on that fight and into the hendo franklin fight.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #26   1/19/09 8:57:29AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Honestly, I'm glad I picked UFC 93 as the card for me to miss...I had a birthday party to go to. I wasn't too interested in any of the fights, anyways, so I wasn't overly disappointed that I had to miss it. Though, I did catch myself watching the clock, wondering who was winning each fight and how well I was doing with my picks...

I'm a geek.

Last edited 1/19/09 9:26AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   1/19/09 9:24:35AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2