Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 93 bonuses and awards for ‘Franklin vs Henderson’ PPV fights*SPOILER*

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Here are the special fight bonuses for UFC 93:

Knockout of the Night – Dennis Siver

Submission of the Night — Alan “The Talent” Belcher

Fight of the Night — Marcus “The Irish Hand Grenade” Davis vs. Chris “Lights Out” Lytle and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Mark “The Hammer” Coleman

Each fighter received $40,000 for their efforts in addition to their respective base salaries, which is $20,000 less than the $60,000 awards issued three weeks ago at UFC 92: “The Ultimate 2008?.

After the event, the UFC also came through with the goods by officially awarding the razor close, split decision slugfest, “Fight of the Night” honors. Lytle and Davis each pocketed an extra $40,000 worth or dough for for their respective performances.

A second “Fight of the Night” was also awarded to the co-main event, which was a 205-pound match up between Brazilian Chute Boxe Academy standout Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman. Their fight went back and forth nearly the entire three rounds before Shogun scored a late technical knockout.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   1/17/09 9:33:30PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
i completely disagree with Shogun Vs. Coleman as fight of the night. it was one of the sloppiest fights i have ever seen in the UFC. they should have had Henderson Vs. Franklin alongside Lytle Vs. Davis as the fights of the night if anything. if i were Lytle and Davis i'd honestly be insulted that the UFC thought my fight was as good as that display of poor cardio, arm punching, and dropped hands.

Post #2   1/17/09 9:47:00PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I concur. It was tough to watch two fighters that were completely gassed by the second round, let alone name it fight of the night. Franklin and Hendo would be deserving of the honor if there was anyone to share the spot with Marcus and Lytle.

Almost as bad as Junie Browning vs Kaplan earning fight of the night honors.

Personally I think this was done for Coleman, since he put up such a good fight against a guy most said he had no chance against.

Last edited 1/17/09 9:54PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   1/17/09 9:51:11PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,003
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Shogun vs Coleman FOTN ??

It was the most ridiculous reunion of washed , gassed, no tank fighters that i ever saw a total humiliation for the MMA.

I agree with Davis vs Lytle

Post #4   1/17/09 9:55:09PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
I'm really not a big fan of the way the whole Lytle/Davis fight went down. If you ask me it was disingenuous how they kept to the "gentlemen's agreement". I understand that those guys are as friendly as competitors can me, but we'll never no how a real fight would have gone down.

Lytle was floored a time or two and Davis just let him back up. The stand-up was entertaining sure; but it didn't feel honest to me. Who knows, maybe Davis could have ended it early with some g'n'p. But Lytle could have wound up subbing him just the same.

I'm not sure I agree with honoring them with FOTN. If you ask me, the fight of the night should go to Horn/Palhares. Not because it was a see-saw battle or anything. But because Horn shocked EVERYONE who was watching and was able to weather the storm the whole way. He had a few oppertunities to close the deal too. So it wasn't completely one-sided.

If not Horn/Palhares, then Hendo/Franklin should have been next in line. I think it's a complete joke that it went to coleman/shogun

btw- Conleman sounded like shit after the fight. My guess is he either broke his jaw...or had a stroke.

Last edited 1/17/09 10:14PM server time by bojangalz

Post #5   1/17/09 10:12:46PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
did anyone else have a problem with hendo getting the nod? I think the UFC needs to find some decent judges for the UK fights! that was retarded to give the fight to hendo.

Post #6   1/17/09 10:35:53PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,177-1,222
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

did anyone else have a problem with hendo getting the nod? I think the UFC needs to find some decent judges for the UK fights! that was retarded to give the fight to hendo.

To be honest I was more suprised at the judge who scored it 30-27 for Franklin.

From the look on his face....so was Franklin.

Post #7   1/17/09 10:45:08PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
to be honest lytle-davis fight was not entertaining at all. it was very cut and dry stand up with marcus countering and lytle running in with loopy punches. nobody was really ever hurt or in any kind of trouble.

Post #8   1/17/09 10:56:43PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by tdietel01

To be honest I was more suprised at the judge who scored it 30-27 for Franklin.

From the look on his face....so was Franklin.

the only round you can make an argument for Franklin was the 3rd. Henderson won that fight no question. Franklin did nothing to win that fight in my opinion. he was controlled in the first 2 rounds and was, in my opinion, losing the stand up battle. props to Franklin for putting on a good show but Henderson left no doubt he won that fight.

Post #9   1/17/09 11:17:07PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

What fight were you watching?! That should have been unanimous for Hendo...There was absolutely no reason for the split decision. I'm not positive, but I'd be willing to bet the judge who gave it to Franklin was also the same judge who had Lytle in the other split decision. He needs to be run out of town.

Last edited 1/17/09 11:54PM server time by bojangalz

Post #10   1/17/09 11:45:00PM   

WWBJD

Learning to Sprawl

WWBJD Avatar

Career:37-23
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by tdietel01

What fight were you watching?! That should have been unanimous for Hendo...There was absolutely no reason for the split decision. I'm not positive, but I'd be willing to bet the judge who gave it to Franklin was also the same judge who had Lytle in the other split decision. He needs to be run out of town.

hendo deserved the win

i wish it had been a 5 rd fight...i think my boy rich wouldve won

& on another one of my boys, Shogun......he doesnt look out of shape, yet he still gasses

i literally started drinking early this afternoon bc i was watching Shogun let mark Coleman hang w/ him in the fight

Post #11   1/17/09 11:59:14PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

I must have been watching a different fight IMO Hendo clearly won the fight

Post #12   1/18/09 1:05:35AM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
Agree with most people in here. Coleman vs Shogun was definateley NOT fight of the night! It was a cringeworthy and embarrassing fight for the UFC. I respect the fact that Coleman is a legend in the sport but I don't think he should fight again.
Davis vs Lytle was not as good as I thought it would be but still a lot worthier than Coleman/Shogun for FOTN.

Post #13   1/18/09 6:50:45AM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

i completely disagree with Shogun Vs. Coleman as fight of the night. it was one of the sloppiest fights i have ever seen in the UFC. they should have had Henderson Vs. Franklin alongside Lytle Vs. Davis as the fights of the night if anything. if i were Lytle and Davis i'd honestly be insulted that the UFC thought my fight was as good as that display of poor cardio, arm punching, and dropped hands.

Shogun vs. Coleman, was one of the sloppiest fights ive ever seen. I expected a way different preformence from Shogun I'm dissapointed in him.

Post #14   1/18/09 12:15:39PM