Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

anyone gettin tattoo soon? if so what?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Im hopin to get a new new ones soon. anybody gots pics of some they want?

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2
Photo Attachment 4

Last edited 1/15/09 8:11PM server time by naturaldisaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/15/09 8:08:37PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
After searching long and hard, I have finally decided on this one.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #2   1/15/09 8:16:34PM   

dannyfrank

banned

dannyfrank Avatar

Career:130-75
Chips:
in dont know what i want to get. i'll be turning 18 soon, so ive been thinking about it a lot lately. i dont want to get something that doesnt mean anything just for the hell of it though. i know a lot of people who did that and now they're stuck with a bunch of stupid ass tats

Post #3   1/15/09 9:18:11PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:

Posted by dannyfrank

in dont know what i want to get. i'll be turning 18 soon, so ive been thinking about it a lot lately. i dont want to get something that doesnt mean anything just for the hell of it though. i know a lot of people who did that and now they're stuck with a bunch of stupid ass tats

My suggestion is to wait a LONG time before you decide. You'll never believe how much your interests and passions will change from age 18 to age 25 or so. Growing up, I was the BIGGEST Aerosmith fan. They got me through my formative years, and have always had a special place in my life. Lets just say that I've got more then a few Aerosmith related art pieces embedded in my skin now. (Went so far as to have Steven Tyler autograph my arm, got it tattooed the next day)

I'm still a fan, though not nearly on the level that I once was. Not only have my musical interests changed since then, but my lifestyle and priorities have shifted as well. None of that ink means anything to me at this point. Basically all it does at this point is serve as a remind to think before I act.

I remember thinking to myself- "I don't want some canned image off a wall, or out of a book." I want something that makes a statement about who I am, not just some generic design that the next person who walks in that door can get too. Well, I now all I have is images that reflect who I "was".

Trust me, there are going to be friends of yours the same age as you who go out the day they turn 18 and get inked. It's not worth it, and they'll regret it at a later point in time. There's nothing wrong with a little ink, as long as the timing is right.

Post #4   1/15/09 9:44:37PM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Career:604-346
Chips:
i plan on getting the flames on the wrists

Post #5   1/15/09 10:08:43PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by dannyfrank

yeah my 1st 2 tatts were my family crest and a scorpion (im a scorpio and its also the symbol for my cousins platoon or whatever in the army).

Post #6   1/15/09 10:31:50PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I would like to get some done but due to training I don't think I will. If i remember I had to wait about a month before they healed and I don't want to stay off the mat that long.

Post #7   1/15/09 10:33:37PM   

WWBJD

Learning to Sprawl

WWBJD Avatar

Career:37-23
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
im getting ATWA (All The Way Alive) in May for my bday,,,,not sure where yet

Post #8   1/15/09 10:39:09PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by dannyfrank

My suggestion is to wait a LONG time before you decide. You'll never believe how much your interests and passions will change from age 18 to age 25 or so. Growing up, I was the BIGGEST Aerosmith fan. They got me through my formative years, and have always had a special place in my life. Lets just say that I've got more then a few Aerosmith related art pieces embedded in my skin now. (Went so far as to have Steven Tyler autograph my arm, got it tattooed the next day)

I'm still a fan, though not nearly on the level that I once was. Not only have my musical interests changed since then, but my lifestyle and priorities have shifted as well. None of that ink means anything to me at this point. Basically all it does at this point is serve as a remind to think before I act.

I remember thinking to myself- "I don't want some canned image off a wall, or out of a book." I want something that makes a statement about who I am, not just some generic design that the next person who walks in that door can get too. Well, I now all I have is images that reflect who I "was".

Trust me, there are going to be friends of yours the same age as you who go out the day they turn 18 and get inked. It's not worth it, and they'll regret it at a later point in time. There's nothing wrong with a little ink, as long as the timing is right.

i turned 18 in december and a lot of people have been asking when i'm going to get a tattoo and my response is basically what you said bojangalz. i don't want something permanently on my body i will regret in 5 years. i want it to mean something to me.

Post #9   1/15/09 10:48:44PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I was thinking about getting my daughters names tatooed wraping around my my forarm not sure if in another language but time will tell it has to be the shit or I will not get it

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   1/15/09 11:02:27PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
been thinkin about this one

Post #11   1/15/09 11:22:08PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
i come from a family of ranchers and we have been branding cows with the same symbol for the past 100 years. its a sideways E with a line above it. we use an E cause our last name is Esplin.

im twenty years old and all my friends got tattoos when they turned eighteen i have been waiting to figure out what i really wanted and i am going to get it soon

Post #12   1/16/09 7:27:04PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Chips:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #13   1/16/09 7:47:07PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Chips:
I have a tiny Pikachu tattoed on the back of my shoulder, and surprisingly - I dont regret it quite yet.

Not quite the exact same, but pretty close, same pose at least.

Post #14   1/16/09 7:54:02PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
I'm gonna get the Oracle's Temple of Delphi. Engraved in the face of the steps will be...

1."gnothi seauton" (know thyself) on the top step and
2."increscunt animi, virescit volnere virtus" (the spirit grows, strength is restored through wounding)

The first was actually inscribed on the original temple according to greek legend.
The second is the original version of "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" in latin taken from a book by Nietzsche.

My first tattoo was just some flash off the wall, but I have put some serious thought into what I wanted for my second (going on nine years).

I heard somewhere that when you decide what you want your next tattoo to be, you should wait a year, and then if you still want it, get it. It prevents impulse tattoos and the lame move of getting a girl's name tatted on you and then you hate her six months later after she blows your friend (for example).

Post #15   1/16/09 9:36:44PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2