Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Silva Sues CSAC

Print  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
link
Suspended fighter Antonio Silva filed a civil action against the California State Athletic Commission on Jan. 7 in Los Angeles Superior Court, the first known case in which a mixed martial artist has legally contested a CSAC decision outside the state regulatory body.

Silva is asking for a “writ of mandate,” or a ruling from the court that will supersede the CSAC’s decision to suspend the fighter for one year for alleged steroid use and possibly allow Silva another hearing to try and prove his innocence.

Post #1   1/13/09 8:20:49PM   

kasual

MMA Regular

kasual Avatar

Career:353-201
Camp: HERO SQUAD
Chips:
Good for him, this is his livelihood that the CSAC is dealing with and he deserves to have an independent judgment on his situation. The mere fact that a suspension by the CSAC would be upheld by other regulatory bodies tells me that there is an unwillingness for people to critically examine their decisions. For a person like Silva, with an obvious pituitary gland disorder, who knows how long the window is for him to be healthy and competitive. That aside, I think evidence will show that most fighters don't make successful comebacks from extended periods off, he should be fighting to be sharp and healthy. If that means going beyond the US to do so, that's his right. I'll be interested to see how this plays out, it's going to be a precedent setting decision for fighters everywhere. What the fight sports need, and this is something Tito Ortiz has been campaigning for, is an organized labour union so they start receiving the paydays and health coverage they so desperately need. It's all well and good if you are in the UFC, but fighters who have to live off small paydays could use family health coverage. Something the IFL tried to do, and I applaud them for that. War Silva!! (heh heh)

Post #2   1/13/09 9:15:47PM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
Good we should sue them. They ****** over Sherk and now they are doing it to others.

Post #3   1/13/09 9:55:51PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
For some reason I dont see him winning against CSAC, but it would be good if he does.

Post #4   1/13/09 11:16:51PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by HumanTarget

Good we should sue them. They ****** over Sherk and now they are doing it to others.

......because Sherk was innocent....

Post #5   1/13/09 11:45:54PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by HumanTarget

Mmmmmmmmmm

Post #6   1/14/09 8:12:52AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by HumanTarget

Mmmmmmmmmm

I'm not going to speculate as to whether he did it, but Sherks hearing was a joke too. Everyone deserves his day in court.

His lawyer couldn't cross-examine their witnesses, they wouldn't allow certain evidence to be entered and a bunch of other stuff.

Post #7   1/14/09 9:54:17AM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
He took a lie decetor test, and passed with "flying colors". HE also took a blood test and another urine test and passed both. If you knew the type of person and fighter Sherk was you wouldn't be questioning him. Don't be such an asshole and dont believe the others because they look for anything to hate on Sherk.

Post #8   1/14/09 12:30:08PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i absolutely hate the way the CSAC is acting toward Big Foot. the fact that they wanted to strip the license of his corner men for helping him fight in a country out of their jurisdiction is just appalling. there is too much Corruption and inefficiency with the CSAC imo and i want to see something get done about it. i hope Big Foot wins his case

Post #9   1/14/09 5:25:16PM